Maintenance

Maintenance

Hey guys I know alot of the time we talk about induction, and weight loss stalls but I have now reached my goal weight of 160! I'm 5'9 and I like to keep at little junk in my trunk (much better than the 255 at which I started!). I am in desperate need of some maintenance advice because I'm a 23 year old whose never been skinny in my entire life, and my biggest fear is gaining my weight back. I found myself cheating more and more since reaching my goal; any advice would be greatly appreciated!

first CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    That is phenomenal.

well the idea situation would be that about 10-15 lbs. before you reach your goal, you slow down, and transition meticulously through the 3rd stage to make sure that you reinforce the lifetime eating habits that you should now have.
    The cheating thing--I'm scared that that's going to be my problem when I do get to maintenance. Of course I haven't gotten there yet...
    I really really really suggest that you go back and read the book cover to cover with careful attention to the 3rd and 4th stages.

also....do you have pictures!?!

I do! I will post a before and after on the pictures section of the website. I really do need to read the book!! Thanks for the advice!

Hi there. 5 years ago I lost 84 pounds and started cheating and it went to gaining it back. Now today I have lost 100 pounds and have started maintenance. I have no intentions of regaining the weight back. I weigh everyday and haven't changed my eating habits. If you start cheating you will be back where you started before you know it. A little cheat makes you want more so use your head and don't start.

BMI
    Wow, Congratulations, Cody. You have really accepted that Low Carb is a way of eating for life. Thank you for posting!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.