does psyllium husk AFFECT ketosis?

does psyllium husk AFFECT ketosis?

Today is my 10th day on the diet.

I started taking psyllium husk yesterday morning. I took 5g of it, 2.5g once in late morning and later another 2.5g before dinner.

When I tested for ketosis at night, I realised the strip was getting lighter althought since my 3rd night and on, the strips has been registering in deep ketosis.

Mydiet hasen't changed at all(food, amount of water I'm drinking etc. are all the same), so I'm wondering if psyllium husk was affecting ketosis? After taking 2.5g of psyllium husk again today and having breakfast, my testing strip showed only a moderate amount of ketones.

I dont know the answer to this. Dr Atkins talks about the husks in his book as recommended, and doesnt say anything about stalls? So I doubt it?

The levels of ketones in your urine will change throughout the day depending on how much fat you've been eating, how much water you've been drinking, how much you've been sweating, and how much you've been exercising...

So you should expect to see a variety of readings on your strips if you test at different times of day.

As long as you are using pure husks, they should be all fiber-and thus have no impact on your ketosis. If you are using a prepared product, make sure they have not added sugar of any type (glucuose, dextrose, corn syrup, etc.)

I think so

I have been on Keto for a year. Started 5'11" 260 now 213-217 plateaued. Last night I had my own keto chili: 1#gr. beef fried in 4T butter, 1 can rotel (10carbs), 2T chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne. I ate half of this with about 2 oz. homemade Pimento spread. This morning I woke at 3:30am, and blew a .02 on my cheap home breathalyzer, which unlike the expensive police models, will detect acetone.
    One hour later the reading was the same, indicating a steady ketosis. I have been taking varying amounts of Psyllium for years, recently about 13 grams daily. This morning I took my usual dose, and one hour later, I blew .000 bac on the meter. This indicates to me the Psyllium Husk knocked me right out of Ketosis. I have suspected this for a long time, just got the BAC meter from Amazon yesterday to test my theory. I will be cutting back to the recommended dose of 5 grams and see how it goes, but I have to have my Psyllium. I use Source Naturals Psyllium Husk from Amazon. It has no flavoring or sugars.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.