Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diet Coke

Diet Coke

Ok so i went to movies on Valentines day which was my 7th day of induction and I wanted something while I was watching the movie so i had a extra large diet coke i also think i went a little over on my carbs that day too, but they weren't BAD carbs, they were all vegi and meat. Is that bad? i haven't cheated AT ALL on this diet and my keo stix said right before that day that i was WELL into keo. Am i ok?

Well, diet sodas say 0 carbs on the back so I wouldnt worry too much, you didnt have any refined sugar or flower so I wouldnt worry much about it either.

Probably not going to hurt you... but still better to stick to water during induction. And Diet-Coke has aspertame, which has been known to stall a lot of people.

Hopefully you won't be one of them!

~Debbie~LoveSong~

During induction I drank two or three SF sodas a day. At some point during the last three months I've realized that I will now drink them only rarely. If I drink one can in a two or three week period, that would be it. That addiction took care of itself without my intervention. Geez, I sure wish I knew how that came about. I've got other areas I'd like to apply it to.

Diet Soda

I have drunk diet anything from day one on Atkins. I haven't noticed any propensity for it to stall me. I keep my food portions in moderation and I exercise daily and those are the important things. I say, if you want diet coke, have it. Just be sure you are exercising and not eating too much.

Good Luck!

I used to drink gallons of Diet Coke. But since being on Atkins I find this kind of beverage way to sweet. The only recommendation I'd make is to drink an extra glass of water above the 64oz/day, for each serving of coke to compensate for the caffeine.

My point of view is that you were fine.

Keep up the good work.

I rarely drink soda, but usually have a diet coke when I'm eating out. I'm basically a cheap person, and don't like the idea of buying water

I drink diet cokes and Dr. Peppers- not in horrific amounts or anything but they dont do me any harm. I ve never had a problem with them. Hilifig you need to quit worrying or you'll give yourself an ulcer. Your doing great, you'll loose weight- say that three times in front of the mirror everyday LOL

The other day I was in a convenient store and saw Diet Coke with Lime. I just had to try it and I was pleasantly impressed by the taste, I enjoyed it. I was a bit of a soda junkie so I try not to drink to much soda anymore but this is now on my list for an occasion treat.

I'm drinking Diet Coke this time around and my ketosis strips are darker than ever!

-Micky

Micky, that could possibly be a sign of dehydration, because caffeine is a dieuretic.

I drink waaay too much water to be dehydrated. Over 8 glasses a day.

-Micky

8 glasses is the MINIMUM.... and caffiene does dry you out! I think the rule is for every cup of coffee/soft drink you drink you need to drink an additional 8 ounces of water (over and above the minimum 8-8 oz glasses)

~Debbie~LoveSong~

I said I drink MORE than 8 glasses a day.

-Micky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.