Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

How cold is it where you live ?

Whoa - beautiful, but I'll bet THAT gets old REAL fast!

i can't wait to go home and shovel !!!!! (slight sarcasm there)

When I went out to fill the birdfeeders 2 days ago, the snow was over top of my Sorrels and up to my knees.

Don't really mind shoveling the angel poop tho. Can get my heart rate up for about 30 minutes...and that's a good thing!

My backyard 2 days ago. http://members.shaw.ca/joanf/for%20Board.jpg

nice pic............ that looks like my whole neighborhood right now..... pretty to look at, but crappy to drive in

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both my husband and I looked at those photos and went "WoooooooW.. and then "awwwww" cause we both so desperately want to live where it snows heh

Here is a picture of our front yard and street... it is very green from the rain... but it is VERY HOT and HUMID here at the moment (we live in the topical part of North Queensland)

ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm jealous of your nice green lawn that hasn't disappeared under a mountain of cold, wet snow............ i guess the old saying is true...... you always want what you can't have......... sigh sunny

Oh Sari, that looks so warm , I'll stare at it a while, maybe I'll get a tan!!! How did you get the picture right on your post? I would rather do it that way than have a link.

Did you see my dog on my post? She is a jack russell, she is about 20lbs. She would like your doggy.

Type this and it will insert the image

And yeah I guess you always do want what you can't have hehe

I will have to move some where with snow and try it out...

And I saw your Jack Russel JJ.. VERY CUTE hehe is he/she full of energy??

I nearly bought a mini foxi crossed with jack russel last year (looks like a teeny tiny jack russel).. but I saw my little puppy by chance and had to have her.. lol she cost about 4 times as much.. but was worth it!

We met one of the little foxi/russel puppies a few weeks later and it was so hyper.. and very cute... it chased after our little pup for ages and she ran very fast to get away.. ran straight to me and lunged towards me to pick her up was so funny... especially since she is usually the hyper puppy herself!! :P

Then she sooked when he left lol

Sari

Sari; Yes she is a little hyper; she is hybernating right now because the snow is higher than she is. In the spring, summer and fall she is full of beans. She is 1 year old now and just learned to swim this summer. It took many sticks thrown in the lake before she would swim to them. Now that she is confident she swims like crazy. She loves going on the boat and is the first one in the canoe too! I'm always afraid she will run away at the cottage chasing an animal, as they have that hunting instinct. So far so good. Our cottage is in bear country, hope she doesn't come back with one of those chasing her. She gets car sick though. Does your dog get sick. My vet said to try gravol! She has been a bit better lately.

Thanks for the info about posting my picture. I get it know, thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Sari; Yes she is a little hyper; she is hybernating right now because the snow is higher than she is. In the spring, summer and fall she is full of beans. She is 1 year old now and just learned to swim this summer. It took many sticks thrown in the lake before she would swim to them. Now that she is confident she swims like crazy. She loves going on the boat and is the first one in the canoe too! I'm always afraid she will run away at the cottage chasing an animal, as they have that hunting instinct. So far so good. Our cottage is in bear country, hope she doesn't come back with one of those chasing her. She gets car sick though. Does your dog get sick. My vet said to try gravol! She has been a bit better lately.

Thanks for the info about posting my picture. I get it know, thanks so much!!
    No you wouldn't want a bear to chase her now would you!!! lol

Ours just turned one too... she loves going for drives in the car and doesn't get car sick at all... but I do know that when she was a tiny puppy she got sick once and I had to feed her charcoal tablets.. if you give yours one or two of those it may help (you can get them from any health food store.. usually for humans!! lol)...

Our puppy hates the water.. she cries when she has a bath and sounds like a siamese cat LOL... she likes the beach though..

We want to get her a male so we cant mate them.. is yours spayed?? r do you plan to mate yours too??

Sari

Sari; Charcoal sounds interesting. I'll look for it. Thanks. Yes our JRT is spayed. She is a purebred, but I just didn't want to go through her being in heat and having puppies. Although they are just so darn cute and I could sell them no problem, with having little kids I just didn't want to have any more responsibility. It was a hard decision to get a dog in the first place for me. The girls do well to take care of her, my 9 year old walks her and my 6 year old feeds her, so that just leaves me to vacuum up after her. She sheds a bit.

-12 wind chill in k.c. today

Steve if it's THAT cold in KC, shouldn't you put some clothes on? You're gonna freeze man! :wink:

Here's what the national weather service's report for my area says:

A 30 percent chance of snow after 3am. Increasing clouds, with a low near -15f. Wind chill values between -32f and -27f. North northwest wind between 8 and 11 mph.

Brisk Baby!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.