Diet Coke

Diet Coke

I drink 8 glasses of water a day. If I drink 8 glasses of water a day, is it alright to have Diet Coke even on Induction???

-Micky

Hi Micky,
    Diet Coke is okay but it should be caffeine free. Also remember that it contains Aspartame which Atkins says may stunt weight loss in some people.

I drink caffeine free Diet Pepsi. I've decided that even if it does slow my weight loss a bit - I'm gonna have it!

Amen! Hehehe. I just love Diet Cokes so much. I find it hard to live without them.

-Micky

Can you switch to caffeine free? I am so glad I did!

MIcky you'll lose more weight without the Diet Coke.

So you can drink the diet coke and lose less weight, or lose more weight and not drink the diet coke.

You'll most likely still lose some weight. And maybe you are one of those people who it doesn't effect at all. But its up to you, what is more important, losing more pounds or diet coke.

If I were you, i'd go 1 to 2 weeks without diet Coke and measure your weight loss. Then drink coke, and see if that week you lose way less weight then you did before. if youd ont' drink up, but if you do then you know your real options.

You can also get caffiene free Splenda sweetened sodas - Diet Rite is both!

Diet Coke

I say yes it is ok. Drink what you want that is sugar free and hopefully caffeine free too. If you can't do without caffeine at first, don't let that stop you from staying on the diet. Wean yourself off slowly. I personally have drunk a myriad of diet sodas from day one on Atkins. If it slows me down I don't know it. And I'm happy with my weight loss. I say stick to the big issues and let the rest come in time.

Good Luck!

Diet sodas have never bothered me and I've been on this WOE since July 25, '03. In the beginning I drank two or three a day, mixing caffeine type sodas with 7-Up, Sprite, etc. After the first six to eight weeks I tapered off dramatically without thinking about it. Now, I may drink one soda a week. I just don't want the sweetness anymore. Also, the sodium is a consideration sometimes.

Quitting my Caffiene was the hardest. For four days I felt a bit delierious, I had about 3 sodas a day since as far back as I can remember. Mountain Dew my favorite, but mainly Diet Pepsi. I stuck with just water and now club soda (for extra fizz) and nothing else.

No caffiene and no Alcohol seemed pointless, but I feel better then i've felt in years now. Of course, now when I do get tired when its late, I do lack that ability to stay up later then I want. That kind of sucks, but I sleep much better then I ever did before. I used to require about 10 hours of sleep a night (almost never got tho) to feel fully rested, now I wake up on my own after 7 and I don't need any more.

Quitting Caffiene was a very very good thing. Of course I have one Mountain Dew Code Red sitting in my kitchen which i'll cool off in the fridge one day and pound down for kicks. Maybe next week. But I like life a bit better without the caffiene. I didn't think I would think so.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.