What Are We Eating For 2019 ...

What Are We Eating For 2019 ...

Time to start a new thread as I do every year..

I have been asked by my Princess for a homemade vegetable soup, so, a soup it will be today.. IN THE SLOW COOKER ...
    I will be adding a package (450g) of minced chicken to the soup made into small meatballs, (the size of a peach pit) made with herbs and spices..
    That way, we will have our protein as well as our soup and it will be tasty from the meat.. The only thing, it won't be a vegetable soup but a it will be........... SOUP !!!!!
    That way, it will be a one course meal......
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

yum Steve. soup sounds delish on cold days. Just great comfort food!

I was shocked to see 2019 thread, lol. I left on my trip, got back and a new year thread change. wow. Thanks for starting it.

for me, trip was great. I didn't fast thru it but stayed on plan tho.
    today is dinner only. chicken or shrimp. broth thru the day. I want to shift off some lbs. so tackling just that.

NO SOUP...….
    We got up too late to make a soup and as I was checking, my fridge is short of food let alone veggies..
    tomorrow (Thursday) is food shopping day to which I will stock up on veggies..

I will be making fish for supper as that is just about all I have that doesn't take much cooking..
    I have some broccoli that I will steam..

I also have a ton (and I mean a ton) of wild meat in the freezer that was given to me last month..
    Moose meat in minced, cubed, roasts, and steaks..
    Deer meat in all kinds of cuts..
    Beaver meat in a roast..
    Black Bear in minced and roast..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

You got quite the selection of wild game. Hubby only got 1 deer this season. We don't have a lot of venison in the freezer really, usually he gets 2. Beaver meat, that is one I just don't see on menus anywhere It is great you have such good friends to help stockpile your freezer! Cool.

my fast didn't go great. I did end up eating dinner, more than I wanted and then snacked a bit into the night. All foods on plan but I got jealous of the other's eating but it is ok. I just need a few days to get my resolve back after vacation. It is all good tho

Today is broth and trying not to eat a meal. I would love 1 good fast day to cleanse the body again. It feels wonderful. Will try hard today tho

Most of the wild meat should be well cooked, so I use the slow cooker for most of them..
    I also forgot to say I have about 10 (or more) nice size fillets of rainbow trout.. Each fillet is about one pound at least (if not more)...

trout, yum. That and flounder is the only 2 fish I really love. Hubby fishes and gets trout when we hit the mountains on vacation. Delish right out of the river.

Yes I sure get a crockpot would make the most delish meals for wild game. Hubby does the tenderloin and some 'good cut' deer steaks on the grill but loves to marinate a long time before grilling and the rest he grounds into burger cause it is best way he eats it the most. Deer sloppy joe, deer burgers, deer burger with pasta in spaghetti sauce etc.

handling a fast day today.

I have beef broth and chicken broth and water at my ready All good.

I made my fast day, thru it all....hip hip....

I am battling for one more fast day. Then mentally I am allowing for food tomorrow BUT IF I feel wonderful I might go for another, but that is to be determined tomorrow

so it is tomorrow and I feel good.
    sinus cold head thing happening so taking meds to get over that. Tummy is out of whack, so I will just do today as a fast day.

Day 3 fast day. Doing very well on my fasting so far. Will just continue to roll along and see where it goes for me

require food today
    zero carb as usual

tuna and mayo
    lb. of crab legs and melted butter for dinner YUM

eating 1 meal today
    nice thin pork chops fried crisp with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning....oh yea yum and I can't wait

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.