Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PhillyDude's Journal

PhillyDude's Journal

11/10/2018

This is my first post in my Journal, but I am on Day 4 of Atkin's Induction. I started on Wednesday, November 7th, 2018.

I've done well so far. Staying on track. I think Ketosis is about to kick in because I have that weird metallic taste in my mouth.

A Confession: I am a scale-aholic. Usually, I weigh my self 2 times per day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

This time around, yes this is not my first rodeo with Atkins, I am not going to weigh myself through the first 2 weeks. Reason being, the first week of Induction can be a bit volatile with weight shifts and I don't want myself to get distracted and get emotional about the scale. So my first weigh-in will be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, that's will finish my first 2 weeks on Induction.

My start weight is 242 lbs. I am 5'10".

My first weight loss goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of my 2-week Induction Phase.

I'll share a little bit about myself and my journey as time progresses.

Thanks,
    Phil

Here is my before photo...

before.jpg
    Last edited by PhillyDude; 11-11-2018 at 12:24 PM.

11/11/2018

It's killing me not checking the scale, but I am resolute!

The only thing I have to go by is how I feel, and I am feeling better. More energy in the afternoon. Just an overall better sense of well being....and it's only the 5th day! Gotta love Low Carb!

Best wishes for many NSV this first fortnight

-c

Quote Originally Posted by Cervyn View Post
    Best wishes for many NSV this first fortnight

-c
    Thank you kindly!
    Thanks,
    Phil
    Start Weight - 242 lbs. / Current Weight - 242 lbs / Goal Weight - 160 lbs

11/12/2018

One of my problems has always been emotional eating. If I'm depressed I eat carbs.

Well, my Philadelphia Eagles loss to their arch enemy the Dallas Cowboys last night. A game they should have won on all accounts.

All this to say, last night at bedtime I ate 9 crackers with cheese. The crackers are the nut almond crackers which are 1 carb a piece. So it's not like I ate pizza. But, still, it was emotional eating.

Back on track this morning.
    -----------------------------------------

I'm thinking about getting a keto meter or something to measure my ketones. Since I've decided not to weigh myself till the 21st of November, it would be nice to at least measure my progress in other ways.
    Thanks,
    Phil

so so many eating triggers for each of us. They are everywhere aren't they?

I can't keep those almond crackers in the house right now I find them so yummy I can easily eat 20!

-c

so so many eating triggers for each of us. They are everywhere aren't they?

I can't keep those almond crackers in the house right now I find them so yummy I can easily eat 20!

-c
    Yeah, my bedroom crackers and cheese habit has to stop!

Thanks for stopping by friend!
    Thanks,
    Phil

best of luck. just keep surrounding yourself with fav low carb foods. protein is key to grab. like enjoy your cheese without those crackers Induction phase has no crackers and I do understand how hard it is but you got this Just start tapping into the good strength and resolve you have inside you to make these changes to your lifestyle~you will be fine and do great I am sure~! It is a huge change to very low carb eating from our old way, time changing over into these eating will help. everyday you do lc, a better handle ya get on lc....rock on~!~!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCarb View Post
    best of luck. just keep surrounding yourself with fav low carb foods. protein is key to grab. like enjoy your cheese without those crackers Induction phase has no crackers and I do understand how hard it is but you got this Just start tapping into the good strength and resolve you have inside you to make these changes to your lifestyle~you will be fine and do great I am sure~! It is a huge change to very low carb eating from our old way, time changing over into these eating will help. everyday you do lc, a better handle ya get on lc....rock on~!~!!
    Thank you friend!
    Thanks,
    Phil

11/17/2018

I have abandoned Atkins Induction, but not Low Carb. I'm currently looking at 2 other Low Carb Weight Loss options and will make a decision by Sunday evening.
    Onward and Upward!
    Thanks,
    Phil

11/21/2018

I decided when I started this Journal that I would be honest to myself...even if it was embarrassing.
    Reason being, others may have the same struggles and I thought it might be an encouragement.

All this to say, I am off Low Carb through Thanksgiving and will start fresh on Friday on my diet plan. Yes, I have decided on a diet plan. No, it's not Atkins, but it is carb conscious.
    BTW, the word, "Diet" is not a bad word. It's just short for Dietary which means a way of eating.

I will divulge more in days following.

Happy Thanksgiving! Stay Safe!

-Phil
    Last edited by PhillyDude; 11-21-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: sp
    Thanks,
    Phil

11/26/2018

Thanksgiving is over, thankfully

I'm starting fresh today on a new diet plan. It is not low carb in the sense of 20 carbs or less per day, but it is carb conscious.

I would call it medium carb, 40-60 carbs per day. The emphasis is mostly on portion size and a calorie limit of 1400 per day.

The reason I am going down this path is that this is where I stumbled when I did Atkins in the past. I lost 41 pounds staying on Induction but when I was adjusting to phase 2 and 3, I was not prepared.

In my view, what I am starting today is somewhere between Phase 2 and 3 of Atkins.

I am still at 242 lbs. So I was able to maintain through Thanksgiving weekend, yippee!
    Thanks,
    Phil

I wanted to mention that deep ketosis is not achieved on this new diet plan. Rather the ketosis is more of a mild ketosis. The weight loss is primarily due to low portions and low cal, but I am told ketosis does kick in eventually.
    Thanks,
    Phil

Wishing you success. It's always good to try something new if the old way doesn't work.

-c

Wishing you success. It's always good to try something new if the old way doesn't work.

-c
    Thanks for your encouragement Cervyn!
    Thanks,
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.