Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cervyn's Current Very Low Carb Experiment Journal

thanks for allergy info!
    trying a sweetness reset. I love that. Super smart to do also. I find when I dropped all sweet when I did taste anything with some sweet taste in it, it was over the roof sweet. I can taste a mini molecule of sugar a mile away now HAHA
    I did lose weight very well on some fake sweeteners, but like you I was iffy on their 'goodness' and I mean ALL processed sweeteners, those spouting all natural and those more processed chemical crappy ones.

you are doing so well!!!

I also lost a lot of weight while eating artificial sweeteners... but I was a lot younger it does not seem to work that way for me currently. It's worth it to experiment with...

I could tell last year that I was having too many sweet tastes because things that used to taste unbearably sweet to me stopped being so.

my brain thinks certain times are eating times

Currently 24 hours into a 42 hour fast and my brain is complaining.

It expects me to eat when I get home from work. Does it matter that I only eat carnivore, I have pretty much the same things every day and seriously there will be plenty of meat to eat tomorrow. I wouldn't have thought putting off another nutritious [but rather boring meal] would be that much of a big deal.

But my brain is like a cranky whiny toddler 'this is when we eat, why aren't we eating now, this is the proper time" blah, blah, blah

Sometimes I wonder if I ever really know when I am actually hungry! What if I have been eating for years because of my internal clock in my head telling me it is time to eat? ugh.

Well brain, deal with it. You may be expecting food at this moment but it's not actually time to eat. Now is the time to keep insulin low and access some of that stored fat for living. That was the whole point of storing it in the first place. That was the whole point of eating carnivore for 7 weeks and becoming firmly fat-burning.

sigh. change can be hard.

-c

so true if we could cut off the head and not think about time schedules to eat, social events to eat, smells from great foods we get when not even hungry yet it triggers every bone in your body to EAT! LOL if we could ditch all that every person on the planet would be super healthy mostly LOL I sure wish I had the cure for the brain food tease. Change can be very hard, it boils down to had bad we want that change I guess at least it came that way for me.

Non-Scale Victory #1 - update 9/19/18

Although I am one of those who must use the scale to keep myself awake and aware, I also love a non-scale win. I want to take notice of all my successes and use them for focus and fuel for my goals.

Today was one of those wins. I mentioned I have lost virtually all the edema in my ankles and legs. Edema is a visible sign of inflammation for me. My left ankle which I broke years ago still swells a bit but I am so pleased with the improvement.

Today it was cool enough that I was able to wear boots. Boots I have not been able to wear for 2+ years due to swelling. Such a happy thing! I look forward to wearing those boots a lot more in the coming months.

- c

Update [scale]: 209.8 [low], 21 pounds gone
    finished fast ~ 46 hours

WOOHOO! Congrats on your NSV!! Rock it out! Keep on improving your health, you are doing so well!! Happy for you!

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervyn View Post
    Although I am one of those who must use the scale to keep myself awake and aware, I also love a non-scale win. I want to take notice of all my successes and use them for focus and fuel for my goals.

Today was one of those wins. I mentioned I have lost virtually all the edema in my ankles and legs. Edema is a visible sign of inflammation for me. My left ankle which I broke years ago still swells a bit but I am so pleased with the improvement.

Today it was cool enough that I was able to wear boots. Boots I have not been able to wear for 2+ years due to swelling. Such a happy thing! I look forward to wearing those boots a lot more in the coming months.

- c

Update [scale]: 209.8 [low], 21 pounds gone
    finished fast ~ 46 hours
    That is totally awesome ! I haven’t been able to wear boots for many years either. I broke my lower leg in a horse-back riding accident. Many years ago, and that leg has always been swollen. I then had the heart failure going on later; so then both legs were always so swollen that I haven’t even worn regular shoes much since then, just those ugly croc-type sandals.
    Now that my legs and feet are not swelling so much, I guess I should check out some different footwear, and see if I can wear shoes or maybe even boots again, too.
    Congrats on the new weight as well...... you are doing awesome !
    I am Yvonne and live in northern Alabama.
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

My bitter truth about coffee - update 9/20/18

Thanks for the congrats! and fingers crossed for finding boots that work.

I think coffee and it's consumption is best dealt with on an individual level. Also I do not equate coffee with caffeine as I know those who can drink caffeine in tea but not in coffee. Here is my current relationship with coffee.

I like coffee. I like the taste of it. I don't crave it. If it's not available I will drink tea. I can easily wait for coffee until I get to work. Before I made these changes I had heavy cream in my coffee frequently with a couple drops of stevia if I found it too strong. I feel I have a very calm relationship with coffee

Since going carnivore, I went 3 weeks without coffee then tested it and added it back in.

The only big change is that I now love black coffee. I can't believe it. I never thought I would like black coffee. And when I started drinking it that way I was confused. Coffee with cream still tasted fine, but black tasted better. I think the change was due to the limited foods I eat. I don't eat anything that tastes bitter and I really wanted to taste bitter. Black coffee fills that hole.

I love it how we can surprise ourselves when we are least expecting it. Now the only time I really enjoy cream in my coffee is on fasting days. I am a fairly new faster so I will have hwc in my coffee on some fasting days to distract my brain from yammering for food.

- c

Update [scale]: 209.2 [low], 21.6 pounds gone
    currently fasting

Some Fear of Restaurants - update 9/21/18

One of the huge changes I have made since 8/1 is that I have stopped eating out so much. I have on rare occasions bought some plain beef patties if I needed them and I have had breakfast out 3 times. It's so easy to eat carnivore for breakfast!

Tonight I am eating dinner out. It's a restaurant that I know well but it is so hard to know what you are getting in a restaurant. what is in their sauces or soups. Will a small bit of something trigger something. The last time I ate dinner in a restaurant I didn't lose any weight for 10 days and it was a bummer. I hope that does not happen again.

My plan is to eat low carb foods, like artichoke dip [no bread or crackers] , mussels and a chicken, cheese, spinach dish. Then start a fast again tomorrow. Hopefully that will help me reset if needed. I have not had artichokes or spinach for months but I can't count this as an experiment. I am changing too many things all at once.

Hopefully it will go well and I can become more relaxed about eating out. I will recount my experience when I am back in town early next week. No post from me this weekend.

-c

Update [scale]: 208.6 [low], 22.2 pounds gone
    finished fast ~ 44 hours

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.