Zucchini recipies please

Zucchini recipies please

I have a ton of zucchini that are too large to use..
    I made some zucchini bread loaves to give away, but after making 8 of them, I still have about 10 more pounds of them.. More to come from the garden as well..
    I am looking for ideas what I should do with them before they go bad on me..
    The regular ones I slice lengthwise and BBQ them which we like, but the big ones I have NO idea what to make...…………….

ANY IDEA OR RECIPE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ………..

Low carb is important but not necessary..
    I have a recipe to make zucchini fritters which contain a bit of flour.. I might try that, but that would only use up one or two zucchinis.. Most likely, half of a large one..
    Please remember we are on maintenance and eat almost anything but we are still watching what we consume.. Within reason ……..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

here is one that I saw a few people make back in my lc days hope it might sound like a good one to make.

ZUCCHINI, SOUR CREAM AND JACK CHEESE BAKE
    4 tablespoons butter, divided
    1 cup onion, finely chopped, 4 ounces or 1 medium onion
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 1/4 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick *
    4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, 1 cup
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
    Butter or spray a 6x8" baking dish or a 6-cup casserole dish. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté until the onion is soft and translucent. Transfer to a small bowl. Melt the remaining butter over medium-low heat in the same skillet. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently until the zucchini is tender. Turn the heat to high very briefly; cook and stir constantly until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients except the onions and parmesan cheese and pulse to combine. Add the onions and pulse just to combine. Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top, if using. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Makes 4-6 servings
    Can be frozen
    * About 1 1/2 pounds before trimming or 4 medium zucchini.Per 1/4 Recipe: 319 Calories; 28g Fat; 12g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

Thanks.............. For sure I will be trying it.... Sounds good .....
    I don't have any Monterey Jack cheese but I will be using some Cheddar mixed with some Mozzarella... Should be OK.....
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    Since Pflower bumped this thread, and since there's always an excess of zucchini every August, I figure this thread will come in handy again, so here's a few ideas -

Squashta - if you have a spiralizer, or vegetti, julienne vegetable peeler, or similar gadget that can be used to make long veggie strips, use it to make LC friendly spaghetti "pasta". If you only have a regular vegetable peeler, you can still make wide zucchini noodles (zoodles) Just briefly saute the zuchinni strips in butter, and serve with spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce, or melted cheese to make a reasonable substitute for mac and cheese. Use Deluxe American (the individually wrapped slices will NOT work properly) melted through the warm zuchinni strips to create a sauce.

Stuffed Zucchini - use a spoon to hollow out the seeds, leaving a shell (this will work better if you can get the zuchinnis before they turn into baseball bat size), and stuff with whatever meat filling you like. I like to use the same mixture I use to stuff green peppers, or what we call Sloppy Jose's - like sloppy joe's, only tex-mex: 1 lb ground beef, browned, mix in 1 cup salsa, melt in 1-2 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese. Stuff zucchini shells, and bake until the zucchini is hot and somewhat softened.

Betcha Can't Tell It's Not Apples - Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Peel the zucchini and remove the seeds. Cut into approx. 1/4-1/2" wide slices. (See, crescent shapes - almost looks like sliced apples!) In a saucepan, add lemon juice, sweetener, apple pie spices (cinnamon and nutmeg) [recipe available online - you can google for the specific amounts] Simmer for 10 minutes. You can use this to make an apple crisp, or apple pie, or just enjoy it as is. Or you could put it through a blender to make a spiced mock apple sauce (or just add the lemon juice and sweetener, skipping the spices, then blend to make plain mock applesauce), or cook it down further to remove excess moisture and concentrate the spices before blending to make a mock apple butter. I used to top the cooked zucchini with nutola (granola made using just chopped pecans, walnuts, and almonds, and sliced and slivered almonds, coat with egg, add cinnamon and splenda, bake until crispy), and some heavy cream.

zucchini fries - you could do the batter dipped ones like food vendors at fairs, or you could do a LC version by dipping in beaten egg, and use your favorite LC coating mixture. Some use a combo of crushed pork rinds and parmesan, others just the parmesan, or a batter made from egg and parmesan. Others may use some of the specialty LC flours. Coconut flour might be a very good option, since it would absorb a lot of the excess moisture from the zucchini, leaving them less soggy, and more fry-like.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.