Vegetarian keto diet help

Vegetarian keto diet help

I have been on keto diet for about 5 days now and i lost about 7lbs. I am a vegetarian i dont eat eggs, meat, fish but i do eat dairy. I am unable to find vegetarian meal ideas without eggs. The main source of protein for me is chesse. I tried protein powder for protein but it upseted my stomach really bad. My question is am i eating too much cheese?

Breakfast:
    Ricotta cheese oatmeal
    -Ricotta cheese
    -Cinnimon
    -coconut oil

Lunch
    Salad
    -cucumber
    -cheddar cheese
    - homemade dressing

Dinner
    Again same salad

Snacks
    Frigo light string cheese
    Greek yogurt

Is this too much cheese?
    Is there anything else i can have for protein?

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    I wouldn't personally say it's too much cheese, but I think there's a bigger problem there in that I can't imagine eating enough cheese to get adequate protein, since an ounce of most animal protein sources only provides approximately 6.5 g protein. Hard cheese is included in that, but not ricotta, cottage cheese, or cream cheese. (Milk, yogurt, and greek yogurt are also not included in those averages, because they provide a good bit less protein and a lot more carbs per oz) No idea about your current weight, but an approximate target for protein on most LC diets (in order to maintain muscle mass) is 1 g/day per 2 lbs bodyweight, +/- 10%.

So quick hypothetical example: let's say someone weighs 150 lbs - they should be shooting for around 75 g of protein. That would mean around 11.5 oz of animal based protein.

That would be a LOT of cheese every single day, even for a cheese lover like me.

I'm not sure what else you can use for protein if protein powder bothers you, and you're not going to eat eggs, unless you want to go for beans and legumes for protein.

If you decide to use beans and legumes though, be forewarned that in substituting enough beans or legumes to provide adequate protein, that will significantly increase your carb intake. I looked up the nutrition stats for several different types of beans, and most of them average around: 2 or 2.5 g protein and about 7 g carbs per oz of cooked beans. That means to get the equivalent protein you'd get from an ounce of most animal protein, the beans would provide about 20 g carbs - for an ounce of bean based protein. If our hypothetical 150 lb person gets half her protein consumption from beans, that would amount to over 100 g of carbs, just from the beans. Soy is a good bit better on the protein/carb ratio per oz of cooked beans: 4.7 g protein and 2.8 g carbs, so only about 4 g carbs for the equivalent of protein in an ounce of animal source protein, so our hypothetical 150 lb person would only get an extra 25 g carbs if she ate half her protein as soybeans.

But also be aware that unlike animal sourced proteins, beans and legumes are not considered to be complete proteins (missing some essential amino acids), and in addition there are often concerns about soy in general, especially the estrogenic effects of soy.

In short, I don't really have any ideas for you if you can't do any animal products other than milk derived, if really want your carbs to stay low enough to be ketogenic - just throwing out this information.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.