Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1222

Blitz

thanks for the birthday wishes!...it was a wonderful day...i didn't work, so i spent the morning with the hot tub repairman who gave me a $750 gift (bill)...haha...the day got better after that...i went to the gym, played guitar and worked on a song, relaxed and then met all the kids at a nice restaurant at 5:30 for dinner...had steak tips with a small side of eggplant parm - not much breading, but i scraped off what i could...delicious...

all the kids and grandkids were there...sal was working and couldn't make it, but both dils were there...so much fun...the kids got me a wonderful gift...it was in an envelope and when i opened it, there were photos of an 8-bedroom rental house at york beach that sleeps 20 people...they rented it for two nights on march 22nd and 23rd and we are all staying there together...couldn't have given me anything better!...we are all so looking forward to it...sarah thinks her husband is coming from london at the end of march, but rather, he is coming this coming saturday, the day before her baby shower...she didn't know this, but he will be able to join us for the weekend away...

all i can say is i am very lucky and have great kids...

good for you, Tony. Imyself could not have wished for a better way to celebrate. with the help of the gods, I will finally get out tomorrow. march is almost 1/2 gone. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

What a great birthday Tony and wondetful presents!

FF glad you found your wallet!

although St. Patrick's Day is Sunday, the nyc parade will take place on Sat beginning at 11:00am est. I guess BECAUSE it falls on Sunday. spring will begin on wed March 20 at 5:58 est. of course, tomorrow is the Ides of March (Idubis Martis). the Ides is not even a latin word. it probably comes from the Etruscan language. no one knows what it means, because Etruscan has not, on the whole, been deciphered. getting back to low carb, it occurred to me what a great eating plan low carb would be for zombies. they have to ESCHEW GRAINS, but are free to CHEW BRAINS to their hearts content. Love & Profits: FLAT(it is apparent the zombies got a head start on my brain)FERENGHI

btw, I just checked the article on the etruscan language on Wikipedia. no change since last year. I check it every year around this time. If y'all read that article, y'all will know everything I know about the Etruscan language. I think tonight, I will opt for steak tips w/o the rice,, chicken soup (no noodles) and spinach roasted in garlic. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

haha, ff...thanks for the reminder about Spring - it's supposed to be almost 60 tomorrow - can't wait!!!

speaking of low carb, i am starting day 20 of my latest assault on reaching a healthy weight...miraculously, still no cravings...i'm at a point where my woe is feeling more natural - as ff says, not like a diet...at least temporarily, my brain has seemed to convince itself that sugar and other useless carbs are toxic to me, and they most definitely are...i wish they weren't, but i have to face reality...that acceptance is keeping me on track...like all of us, i have been here before, so i'm not taking anything for granted...

yesterday
    b: steamed broccoli
    l: shaved steak bomb filling
    s: 5 pecan halves
    d: a few wings and salad with tuna

how's everyone else doing?

this bi-ped carbon based unit is doing well. it is sugar, in all its forms that CAUSES cravings. but I DO believe in miracles, anyway. gonna take a snooze at 12:30 pm. I had ALL YEAR LONG to get something GREEN to wear for ST PATS. perhaps i'll get lucky before sunday. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Back at work today. And leaving at noon, I'm starting to feel it.
    Chris

Well it's a start Chris. Little steps.

I made it until 2 and am regretting it. It was nice to get out of the house and back in the office, it's so much easier not using the laptop. I have an actual keyboard and huge screen in my office.

Thing 1 now has what I had, slight fever, sore throat, snotty. He's missed 2 days of school and most likely tomorrow too.

It's almost 7:30, I'm going to sleep!
    Chris

chris, happy to see your progress!...take it a little easier tomorrow...

ff, order a happy family with extra green peppers and make a necklace out of them...

hi abs, it may feel like spring tomorrow - enjoy it!

Looking forward to it Tony!

great idea, Tony! i just might do that. gladys is coming today. so looking forward to that. the place smells so good when she is finished. tomorrow, I am looking forward to getting out for a short while. I must get my latinum. get well quickly, Thing #1! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

happy saturday, kids!...abs, hope you didn't have to work ot last night and that you are enjoying the last couple of days...

i'm guessing ff is having his ears gently caressed by some met opera classic, while cursing his internet connection in ferenghi...

chris, hope you feel okay after pushing yourself a bit the other day...any tournaments this weekend?

all is fine here...dw and emmy are throwing sarah a baby shower tomorrow, so we have the kids for a couple of nights - fun...i am halfway through day 22 and i haven't weighed, but my pants were slipping down at the market today, so i had to tighten my belt...only 2 holes left!...still no cravings but i don't think i've lost much more weight, so i don't want to get discouraged...having an easy time sticking to the plan so far...

charisse is spending the night, so i have to run and pick her up at the bus station...ff, she lives in brooklyn too...

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.