Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Blitz

well, y'all know how often i change my mind...foodwise. so, I had the HOUSE SPECIAL SOUP, and a large order of ribs...dry, with some chinese mustard. total net grams for today was 5. during the night, I watched on cable THE WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES. I enjoyed it immensely. however, I missed the very last minute owing to intestinal requirements. I do not know if Caesar survived his wound. if any of y'all saw the movie, please let me know. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Good morning all,

Tony, Congrats on the newest G-Baby!!!! Definitely post pics when you can!

Abi, How was the Cauli "Mac" & cheese? Did DH like it?? I couldn't get my hubby to try anything with cauliflower in it......he's VERY limited in his veggies....it took me 20 years to convince him to try asparagus!

FF, I'm sorry, I never was a Planet of the Apes fan, so I don't know the ending....

Greg, How's it going for you?

Chris, stop lurking and get your butt back in here, we miss you!

All is good here, except I've been having a lot of shoulder pain, I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor, he took some x-rays and told me I'm all sorts of out of wack!! I go back to see him today, hoping for some relief!

Happy Hump day!

Tammy, DH didn't like the cauli mac and cheese but that's ok. I like it and so more for me. lol

i expect to make a number of cauliflower based dishes, such as mocktato salad, and MOCKaroni and cheese, IF I can continue to live here, and it gets cold enough to cook. looking fwd to it. today, I had the 2 salmon portions at 11:30am, AND, a few hours later, one (yes, only one) cheeseburger on lc toast, with 1 slice of tomato, and 1 THIN slice of onion, 3 thin pickle chips, 1 tsp lc ketchup, and 1 pkt mayo. total carbs for the day is between 5 & 6 net carb grams. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

having fun with all these babies...em's three are with us for another 10 days or so, until their new apartment is ready...very cute...they are soooo entertaining and i'm crazier than all of them...

nephew getting married in newport, ri on saturday...beach ceremony and reception indoors...

My SIL moved her massage place to a new location and asked Thing 1 to dig holes where her sign is going. The legs of it are long 4x4's, I hope she adds some concrete. He dug, placed the heavy wood sign up to see how it looked, one side was a little higher. So we moved it out only to whack my head with it, am fairly certain I have a slight concussion. I'm already dopey enough, I don't need any help!

I have GOT to get back on the wagon, and NOW! Holidays are slowly creeping up on us, food issues are only going to get worse. Maybe yesterday knocked some sense back in to me LOL
    Chris

Ooh sorry Chris.

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    Quote Originally Posted by abigale View Post
    Tammy, DH didn't like the cauli mac and cheese but that's ok. I like it and so more for me. lol
    I don't know if you were making a baked version using a variety of shredded cheeses, or a cheese sauce version. I never cared for baked mac'n'cheese, so in high carb days, I always did a cheese sauce mixed in cooked mac - Mom always did a velveeta based sauce, so that's the texture I was used to.

Anyhow, when I tried to do a velveeta sauce mixed in with cauli, something was still off about the texture, and I didn't care for the flavor of the cauliflower in it.

So one time I tried using zucchini (zoodles/squashta) instead, and the texture of my "pasta" was much better. The only problem was that the sauce was too watery, because of the amount of moisture that cooks out of the squash. So I started melting Deluxe American Cheese (in the nuke-o-matic) over my lightly sauteed zoodles, and once the melted cheese was mixed into the zoodles (don't add milk - the zucchini produces plenty of moisture), the texture of both the sauce and "pasta" was pretty close to just right. Also the flavor of zucchini is quite bland compared to the flavor of cauli, so it doesn't compete with the flavor of the cheese.

[Don't attempt this with the individually wrapped cheese slices - that stuff is a "processed cheese product", and doesn't melt the same. You want the Deluxe American, which is a processed cheese, but still a real cheese (not product), and melts smoothly]

One of the best things about the zoodles and Deluxe American is that you can make small servings - a small pile of zoodles (cut to reasonable lengths), and a couple slices of cheese, nuke until the zoodles are hot and the cheese is melted, mix and enjoy.

~~~~

On the other hand, I like mock potato salad using cauliflower - probably because I always use a Pa dutch (mustard/mayo/celery seed/dill pickles) type dressing (except I can't stand the sweetness in most Pa Dutch potato salads, so I skip all the sweeteners). The cauliflower gives a good texture, and the strong flavors of the mustard, celery seed, and pickles are a nice complement to the cauliflower flavor.

Madam de Leon your zoodles with melted cheese sounds delicious. I mixed my cauli with cream cheese and shredded extra sharp chedder. Also a little diced onion

Weigh in Saturday. I am the same lol DH is down almost 20 pounds in 6 weeks. He is happy about that!

I think men always lose weight faster than women, so not fair LOL

Here in a bit I'm heading to my sister's, she's about 2 and a half hours north of us. It's her annual fall cook out, no clue what I'm taking. Am hoping her meat market has some good deals this weekend! Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a buck a pound. I don't care if you have to buy a 40# case, I'll do it again. But I'm guessing they'll be sold out by the time I get there.
    Chris

Good luck Chris on getting a good meat deal! Have fun at your sister's fall cook out!

Wow, here I promised to stay tuned, darn it all. Congrats on the new gbaby. ff, yes, below 200 is great. Tammy, I promise to talk to Marilee this week and will send her your message.
    Vicki in Iowa

just got my computer back. it had a virus, and I neglected to get a flu shot for it. well, 3 days left for the hearing. with any luck, I will be sleeping in my bed on the same premises. earth mom made a great mac and cheese with cottage cheese and some butter. still one of my all time faves. I hope to be doing it with shirataki noodles. Love &Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Glad your computer is virus free FF! Good luck at the hearing!

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.