Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Blitz

Good morning!

How's the weather holding out for all you easterners??? It's pretty nice here.... we're finally approaching our glory season!!!

Busy at work, all caught up from being off a few days last week....still need to find a few days to get up to Bullhead City and check on my properties there.... transferred an assistant manager up there and promoted him to manager and he HATES it.....he's going to leave... entirely....he's only been with the company about 4 months, but I think he's going to go back to his former employer....so I'm on the hunt for a new manager AGAIN. This job is NOT for the faint of heart!

Made some low carb chocolate ice cream yesyerday. It is a fudgical recipe but I don't have any molds so just froze it in small bowls. It is from all day long I dream about food and is so close! Heavy cream, unsweetened almond milk, sugar substitute, cocoa and vanilla. It's a keeper!

abi, u just reminded me that I forgot all about my NY egg cream last night. I shall have my 1st feeding today after sundown. today is the Fast of Gedaliah, of which I spoke in a previous post. earth grampa gave me the names Yosef Gedaliah. I will begin with the chicken soup, and enjoy a white meat turkey sandwich on my lc rye toast. and maybe, just maybe, I will remember the NY egg cream. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Today at work. How do you manage to go through a construction zone and STILL hit the building that hard?
    IMG_1197.jpg
    Chris

omg, chris...what a mess!...hope no one was hurt...

tammy, YOU have a tough job!...they are lucky to have you!

abs, that sounds yummy...what do you use for a sugar substitute?

ff, i have always wondered what an egg cream is?...thx for sharing your 9/11 story...funny coincidence...today, my doc refused to renew my prescription for meds until i make an appointment...i'm about due according to THEIR schedule, but i don't like the coercion...by withholding pills, it feels like they are treating me like a child who has done something wrong...i'm considering the appropriate response...hahaha

baby sawyer was here with my son for a few hours tonight...he slept the whole time...so so cute!

Stepped out to get the paper this AM, felt like I was in a bowl of soup. The place where Mom gets her hair done in Walmart was closed when we got there yesterday until further notice. Our Walmart closed at 4pm until at least Saturday AM at 11.

many, many years ago, ny egg creams DID have eggs in them. but at some point in time, eggs were dropped. it consists of choc syrup, milk or cream, and seltzer water. that is it! i ate beginning at 7:30 pm. i had the turkey sandwich. then I called the Chinese takeout, and ordered wonton soup-broth only, and 2 orders of ribs-dry. I had 1 order of ribs and the broth. total net carbs for sept 12 was 2.0. today, I began with the western omelet which allegedly had 1 slice of mozzarella-but I did not taste it. carb count for the aforementioned was 2.5. later in the day I will consume the chicken broth, and second order of ribs. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Wow Chris! Do you think it was a foot on the gas instead of the brake? What a bummer for that poor person.

Tony I used swerve confectioner sugar. Forgot to add it also had 1/4 teaspoon of zanthan gum as a thickener.

although we are not changing our clocks back 1 hour yet, what IS changing is my appetite. it is getting larger, and I am eating more food. that's okay, provided I keep to my plan. last night, I got very hungry very quickly. I did not want to waste time heating up anything. so I took the steamed seafood, unspiced, and cold, and ate the protein part, and sampled the veggies. DELICIOUS. that helped. but, I knew I would finish the evening with the ribs. miraculously, sleep intervened. now I have the ribs for today. total net carb grams for sept 13 was 6.5. okay, let us round it up to lucky 7. I STILL did not get around to making my NY egg cream. maybe today? Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

We got lucky with Florence. So far, no flooding on the bridge into my neighborhood. Sister and her husband think they will be able to get back sometime today or tomorrow. Not as sure as to when DD and her family will be able to go back home.

CJ so glad yo hear this!

i am keeping fingers and toes crossed that none of y'all suffer the adverse effects of Florence. well, I am as ready as ready can be for the new cleaning crew. there are some coins on the floor that fell from my pockets. I will try to pick up as many as I can before they arrive. otherwise, I am not seeing any dirt. bathroom and kitchen are clean as well. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

ff, leave the coins on the floor and throw a few more down and tell them it's a tip!

abs, so there was no sweetener in there?...and it was still good?...i hate using artificial sweeteners, as i always think they are chemicals, although i know some are natural...

cj, i will be thinking good thoughts for your family...hope everyone gets through this okay...

ff, how many ribs come in an order?...thanks for the info on the egg cream!...i'd try it...

chris and tammy, how are things where you are?

sarah and her hubby went up to the cottage for a couple of days and my second boy may be there too as he has some insurance claims to cover up there...emmy is bringing the kids over to stay tonight while she and sal do some packing for their move...i may not have told you that they rented an apartment in the next town, about 15-20 minutes away...they used to be 45 mins away so this is great!...the kids are very excited to be moving closer...so now we have one son who lives with us, one son and family 12 mins away and emmy and her fam 20 mins away...hoping sarah and chris join the party

Hi Guys,

Tony, Do Sarah and her hubby live in England? So happy for you that Emmy and Sal are moving closer, that's wonderful news!

Chris, that's CRAZY....I hope the driver was ok!!

Abi, that Ice cream recipe sounds yummy, I'm totally going to try that!

Tunes, you and your family are in my prayers for safety....please keep us posted!!

FF, When does the new cleaning crew come in?

things are good here.....crazy busy at work as usual. I'm interviewing for the one manager replacement and then one of my BEST managers gave 2 weeks notice yesterday!! I'm hoping to keep him, I was able to get Corp. to approve matching his offer from the other company....I hope that does it....otherwise I have to hire and train TWO new managers ASAP.

tammy, good job pushing corporate!...excellent people are worth their weight in gold and losing them is VERY expensive!...sarah lives in boston and her husband lives in london and they keep going back and forth...they have both applied for work visas in each country and they may live for a year in london if sarah's visa comes in first...eventually, they both plan to live in the u.s. permanently

i think sarah and anthony are both at the cottage with their spouses and sawyer tonight...

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.