Hi All,
    Newbie here, my usual low carb place is shutting down and I'm needing a new home to keep me accountable.

Me, too

Hi! I'm with you guys!

BMI
    349A893F-3300-474D-9FDF-89F472332C58.jpgWelcome! Please start a journal and jump on in. We are a friendly forum and look forward to future conversations.

Ok, a little about myself. I started low carb late 2000/early 2001, only to become pregnant that February. (12 years with the old man and not so much as a scare!) Thing 1 made his appearance and a short while later, back to low carb. Apparently low carb turned me to Fertile Myrtle, Thing 2 showed up. That was a total shock.

Off and on for years, mostly off, until my biggest ever at 375. I had an interview and was out of breath from only walking a block! Right then I restarted, July will make 2 years and am holding steady at 110 pounds gone. I got that job by the way! I'd still like another 50 or more to leave.

Things 1 & 2 are now teenagers, the old man and I just celebrated 29 years. That about sums me up.

BMI
    Hi Gibbs, Way to get started here. Please go here http://www.lowcarbsite.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Journals. Come up with a good name for your journal and I can move this over to it. Or you can just copy and paste as your first journal entry.

How interesting that LC seemed to help your kids come along! And a huge congratulations for your big loss and maintainance for 2 years. I hope you will share your successes and inspiration to many others here.

BMI
    I am back after a record breaking great Fall! The Winter and Spring watched me fall off the wagon. It's not an accident that my most successful time was when I was a daily member of this site. Glad to be back. Day One. Greg

BMI
    Good to have you back, Greg!

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    I'm new here too (coming from the forum that's closing soon), but not new to LC. I did LC a couple of times back in the 70's to control hyperinsulinism/hypoglycemia (for a couple of years both times), but quit both times because I was fed up with not being able to eat "normal" food. Then I got caught up in the low fat propaganda in the 80's, and gained a huge amount of weight. Finally came back to LC around 2003, lost a large chunk of the excess, and have been LCing ever since.

Not that I'm not glad to have another LC forum and meet more LCers to learn from, but I have to confess that the main reason I came over here is primarily to read the Blitz threads - I'm hoping Flatferenghi will make it over here, because his group from the closing site has come over here (although I don't think he's signed up here or anywhere else yet). But I always enjoyed his puns, and his Seinfeld quiz threads, and don't want to miss out on those, so I hope he'll start those once he's over here.

BMI
    Madam de Leon, We have no problem with hosting the Blitz thread. If they come, we will welcome and join in. It is good to have like-minded people to chat with.

​WELCOME

GOOD NEWS, Madam de Leon. FLATFERENGHI is back, in all his glory. however, my effort to resurrect the SEINFELD thread ended in dismal failure. we are now in BLITZ XXXIV which goes from Jul 1 thru Sept 30. I remember the day I generated the 1st BLITZ, on the KALENDAE APRILIAE (April 1, 2010). on a fairly regular basis, I will repeat my basic approach to this challenge to my carbon based bi-ped nature. REPETITIO MATER MEMORIAE (repetition is the mother of memory). please be part of the BLITZ experience. Love & Profits: FLAT(I live to eat, not eat to live!)FERENGHI

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    I would have said something on the Seinfeld thread, but I hadn't a clue as to the answer.

Don't give up on it though - if no one knows the answer to that particular question, spill the answer, and try another question, ok?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.