Greetings!

BMI

Greetings!

I have started my low carb diet, for the third time on 01/15/18 with the intention of keeping it off for good this time. While my first two times I successfully lost close to 100 pounds I would revert back to my old habits and gain it back along with more over time.

This time I decided it was going to be different; I included exercising in my goal. After I finished the first two weeks I started to take two exercise classes a week at the local community center. My goal is to be in shape so that my body is more efficient and it will not be as easy to gain it back.

Two things I learned so far this time.

1. The first two weeks were much harder this time as my body became more resistant to the change. I mean it was hard! I also noticed I lost the water weight slower and the cookie/doughnut withdrawals were the worst!
    2. After my first week of exercise classes, I am more out of shape than I realized. They lied! Zumba is hard! I felt like 'Left Shark' the whole time. They would go right and I was going left. The hand movements with the fancy foot work was like asking me to rub my belly, tap my head and chew gum all at the same time. However, it did accomplish what I wanted, to sweat. Did I mention I do not like to sweat and try to avoid it at all cost? I tell people it is against my religion to sweat.

Zumba-gif.jpg <--- this is supposed to move, sorry if it does not

BMI
    Hi Dandylion,
    Welcome!

As you have found out, most who go off the low carb way of eaitng gain at least if not more of all the lost weight back.

A person can lose weight on any diet, but what is nice about low carb is that we can and should add in fat with low to no carbs. However, many start liking eggs and bacon for breakfast and when carbs are added in, the fat and carbs together start loading on the pounds again.

I am glad yo have had successes before, and that means you know how to eat low carb. Now, there is a decision for you to make. If you want to keep the weight off, you can do it with a low fat way of eating or low carb. The key is that low carb keeps me full longer than low fat.

Now for the hard part. Many do not realize that if you start eating low carb, for any reason such as a medical reason or losing weight, you really need to make it a life style. That is eating low carb for the rest of your life.

You can eventually add more of most vegetables, proteins and good fats, but sugar is a no.... a BIG NO. This sounds really hard, but in our world, since sugar bacame so cheap, we are killing ourselves with it. And it triggers the same brain senosrs of pleasure that heroin does. And Sugar (bad carbs) makes you hungry, period. Does not sound good, does it?

Exercise is good. We need to keep moving. But, Please understand that it is the way we eat that will keep the weight off. Low carb helps us eat less calories, less food because we are not as hungry.

All that said, I am very glad you came here and we will help you in any way we can.

I suggest you start a journal and track what you eat. Theo journal and tracking what you eat will help you and us figure out any problems and celebrate all your successes.

SmartTalent-How-to-Make-a-Temporary-Employee-Feel-Welcome-in-Your-Company.jpg
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.