Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

BBQ chicken that we picked up at Wallmart yesterday when we went out of town for the day just to get away..We went to Sudbury for the day..I still have another meal of that chicken for tomorrow..tomorrow (Friday) is food shopping day.. Going out of town to make an order and then home to have the rest of that BBQ chicken..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

Have errands to run and picking up kiddo from school early cause we have to have her glasses fitted.....so we will hit the Japanese place and I get steak/mushrooms and shrimp and broccoli (give the mush. and brocc to kiddo as extra and she loves it) so I will be in good form....steak and shrimp today for brunch

dinner, hmm, depends on how stuffed from above. probably bacon cheese omelet when wanted

BMI
    I am headed for a workshop near LA and in a hotel for a few days. Don’t know what I will eat, but will stay on plan. At the workshop, today, there is going to be a supplied vegetarian dinner. I told our leader that I eat low carb and she said there will be cheese and nuts. I will have a good lunch at a place near the hotel and then will be happy. We are supposed to bring sack lunches on Sat and Sunday, I will go to the cafe, order coffee and an omelette to go for lunch.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

We did our food shopping, came home and had the rest of that BBQ chicken I bought on Wednesday at Wallmart..
    I also bought some coleslaw to go with the chicken..
    Frozen blueberries with heavy cream and splenda..
    Pot of tea...
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

Supper on Saturday was fillets of Haddock, breaded and fried in oil..
    Steamed cauliflower with a sauce on it.... coleslaw...
    S/F butterscotch pudding, spiked, with heavy cream..
    Pot of tea...

Sunday....
    I have 2 frozen packages of chicken drums with 4 drums each package that I thawed and they will go into my slow cooker with a bit of stock..
    I will add 2 large sliced onions, sliced carrots, sliced parsnips, mushrooms, cauliflower florets, and peas... Obviously herbs and spices.. I will also add a dash of BBQ sauce to make it a different taste..
    They will cook on low for about 6 or so hours and then we will have another sort of a meal for a few times.. Sunday and Tuesday.... NO MONDAY !!

Believe me that after eating that, a pot of tea will be very welcomed....

Monday...
    We will be going to our Seniors Club for our monthly pot luck supper..
    We haven't gone since September because of my shoulder replacement and then Annmarie's ankle replacement, but now she feels like going........... WEATHER PERMITTING !!! .....if it is bad weather, we stay home .... After all, I will have some chicken stew ready to reheat...

BMI
    Hope the weather hold good for you, Steve.

My workshop has been wonderful.It is the first of three. I got to the hotel early enough on Friday to go try out the cafe next door. It is a neighborhood delight. So many young parents and children come in, police stop for breakfast (so you know it is good) and couples walking by. The atmosphere in the tiny hotel and cafe are like home.

I had a wonderful bacon, avo, feta omelette on Friday and was not at all hungry for any food the rest of the day. I needed lunches for Sat and Sun so I went back to the cafe (just steps away from hotel) and had my coffee while my omelette was made to go. I ate it at lunch yesterday and was not a bit hungry the rest of the day. Just because I had them with me, I had a small snack of nuts before I went to sleep. I will have another omelette for lunch today. I have a 2 hour drive to get home tonight, after the workshop, and I know I will not have to eat. I will stop to stretch but not to eat. What freedom this is.

I come back here in April and June and look forward to do the same again.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Sounds like you had a good time, Arlene..

Great time Arlene, and happy the omelets are so delish and holding you well. I rely on big old omelets for my day also

simple today, just a lb. of hamburger split into 2 meals. yum

Those pot luck suppers are something else.... That's why they call it... POT LUCK ...
    Sometimes it is really OK for us to eat and other times, like last night it is a total disaster, food wise....... Remember, this is for SENIORS...
    They had 2 different kinds of chili, one with almost only beans and NO meat, and another spicy hot.. Three different pasta dishes, two different rice dishes, only one salad that was very dry, and some coleslaw... 3 different types of bread and rolls....
    Now, (don't laugh) they had exactly 11 different desserts consisting of cakes of all kinds, brownies, cookies, cinnamon buns, and some kind of an apple mush that looked awful and the traditional coconut marshmallow concoction (that I hate).....

Can't wait to have a decent meal tonight....
    Believe me, it will be some of that chicken crock pot dinner I made on Saturday, reheated and enjoyed to its fullest..

BMI
    Oh my gosh, Steve, next time you will have to take a main dish that you and Annmarie can eat!

I stuck a chuck roast in my crock pot yesterday, then shredded half to our Guys BBQ sauce over and had avos with it. YUM!!!!!! Next meal, tomorrow, with it will be Mexican leaning. Hubby is eating out with business partner tonight so I will wing it.

Arlene.. This is the first time that the selection was that bad.. next potluck I will bring devil eggs..

tonight for supper I made burgers on the BBQ.. it isn't that cold or windy, so why not BBQ..
    My premade chicken burgers that are about 1/3 pound each went on the grill frozen..
    Butternut squash with chives..
    coleslaw..
    No dessert, but our traditional pot of tea after the meal..

Steve, I so understand. When one limits their food choices we can get stuck fast on what is at a Pot Luck for sure a lot of times there is food we can easily eat, then boom, you get nailed with every food choice you won't touch!

today is simple
    chicken and alfredo sauce for brunch
    got big old chuck roast in crockpot for later, big old bowl of beef for me at dinner...yum

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.