Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

Zero carb eater for years, never been so healthy! literally, so no, in absolute reality we do not need greens or veggies in our lives but I will not debate that here at all, but there is tons of info out in the world to show that a zero carb lifestyle is wonderful and natural.

OK I only said to research ZC for those who might be interested cause it is an absolute reality and based in science. So if one pushes the veggies, a zero carber is gonna say no, they are not required in your life

today is 2 giant burgers....2 lbs ground beef split into 2 meals. YUM might make some bacon with my second burger at night.

BMI
    Zero, you fought to find your path to your way of eating and it is very good for you. I applaud you.

I am starting off the day with three or four scrambled eggs and bacon. I have some very scrumptious olives that I will eat, as well. Dinner will be a lettuce wrapped burger.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Food shopping today (Friday) so we grabbed a bite out..
    I over bought on veggies.. I think there will be a shortage of veggies at the grocery store after I left..
    That means a vegetable soup is in the near future..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Arlene, yea I won't debate in full but when a blanket statement comes down like veggies are a must in one's life, well you know a zero carber has to open their mouth on that one HA HA

but hey, one thing we know, it is 100% important that people eat LC as they need to eat. To fit it in and make it work in their lives. And LC veggies are a biggie for many to keep the plan and make it work, but for those who hate veggies, and would rather never eat them , as a zc'er, I just want to remind people that veggies are not 'required to survive and thrive' at all

brunch time meal will be a ton of scrambled eggs with some cheese melted in it and a nice smaller steak.
    dinner time, probably go for mini meat loaves, which for this zc'er are basically eggs in meat with some salt/pepper and shaped into small meat loves Nah, I don't do the crushed pork rinds and all that cause I don't like them and that egg is enough to 'make it seem less like a burger' and 'more like a mini meat loaf to me' LOL

BMI
    I don’t add any more than an egg to my mini meatloaves anymore, either.

Had eggs for lunch and are headed out to a fav place for dinner. Probably will have this HALIBUTfresh alaskan halibut stuffed with crab, and baked with a goat cheese crust and served over citrus buerre blanc.....or this ..... SALMON EN PAPILLOTE
    fresh atlantic salmon on a bed of carrots, mushrooms and onions, sautéed in butter, lemon juice and white wine; topped with fresh dill, wrapped in parchment paper and baked
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Supper tonight (Saturday) was a stir-fry in the wok..
    B/S chicken breast cubed and marinated in a garlic sauce, onions, diced carrots. sweet peppers, and a ton of broccoli florets..

PS I forgot to tell you that as I was just finishing making the stir-fry, I ran out of chicken stock to add a bit of liquid.. Panic struck me, so I opened up the fridge and found a jar of apple juice... Voila... apple juice to the rescue.. It tasted very delicious with just a bit of sweetness added to the stir-fry..
    Last edited by Steve; 02-11-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Getting ready for my vegetable soup in the slow cooker to be made tomorrow..
    I also took out from the freezer a package of minced chicken.. I will make extremely small meatballs and put them in the slow cooker to cook with the vegetable soup.. it will be a vegetable, meatball soup..
    Onions, carrots, parsnips, green beans, peas, mushrooms, can of diced tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and meatballs.......
    Herbs and spices of course............ All in my 6 quart cooker.....

Please don't ask, but I didn't make my soup..........................
    Unfortunately, I had a bad day and I ended up making a meatloaf with the minced chicken..
    it was one of those disastrous days where almost everything went wrong.. .................... for example......
    When I went to pick up the crock pot by the handles, the glass cover popped up and hit me in the mouth and broke a tooth in the front.. No pain as it is a tooth that already had a root canal, however I must go to the dentist to have it looked into.. It has a sharp edge..
    I then brought my wife a glass of orange juice when she was sitting in the living room while she was waiting for me to make breakfast... She accidently dropped the full glass of juice on the floor which means I had to mop it up and ended up washing the living room floor.. By then, I was ready for the funny farm.. I rested for a minute and went back to the kitchen to continue making breakfast when the coffee can tipped over on the counter as I was making a pot.. I cleaned up my mess and totally gave up trying to make a soup..

Today (Monday) is a new day, so I will try again to make that soup....

By the way................. the meatloaf was simply delicious and I made steamed broccoli with sesame seeds as a veggie.. I also had some coleslaw to go with it as well..
    I made a chocolate S/F pudding to which I added some cinnamon to make a different taste and served it with heavy cream..
    Pot of tea while we watched the figure skating on TV from the Olympics.....
    CANADA won the gold !!!!!

wow Steve, sorry for your tough day and the tooth! ugh....hope everything gets better for ya

today is simple
    mass of chicken wings, eating out and will get buffalo style wings, that will suit me
    dinner tonight is either a few pork chops or will go for a ton of grilled shrimp with some alfredo sauce.

BMI
    Steve, wow, days like those make us really appreciate the boring ones.

ME? Oh my. Well, I brought home a cold from Boise. Not a bad one, just a bit of a cough and sinus involvement. About Thursday of last week, I started having to take Tums! Now, I have not had any problems like that in a long time, LC is nice to me with that. As I look back now, there were a few other symptoms as well. Went out to dinner with hubby on Saturday night and then as we were getting comfy on the couch to watch a movie, I started feeling nauseous. Well, enough description. I went from there into full on SICK! I had some anti-nausea drugs left from my surgery and took one after four hours. Needless to say, I had lots of tea and water yesterday and one piece of sour dough toast.

Much, much better today, the horrible headache that I always get with tummy upset is gone and I am feeling good. Hubby is gone, so I am eating small meals today. Oh my gosh, I have not been sick like that in years..... Still have a slight cough, though.

I have some avos in the fridge I need to use, I also have some canned chicken. I will make a chicken/avo/mayo mix to nosh on throughout the day.

Wow Arlene, so sorry you got all that sicky happening! Sounds rough! Hope you are on the mend now for good!

today is simple food.
    tuna and mayo and some chicken broth

dinner will be sautéed chicken breast in some alfredo sauce and if wanted, more broth to sip to keep me filled up......ugh I am not really a broth drinker cause I don't like it too much, but I have to say when I do sip a mug full I do get the full tummy feeling from it so gonna include it a little more in my life to have something warm to sip I guess

B/S chicken thighs, breaded and cooked in the skillet..
    Steamed cauliflower with a sauce on it..... coleslaw..
    Dessert, ??? I didn't make anything yet, but...... maybe some frozen fruit with heavy cream.. or maybe some pudding..
    Pot of tea...

tuna and mayo
    big old mess of buffalo and garlic parm chicken wings

BMI
    Boring but hubby is gone. I saw a great roast beef at the meat market and had them slice a pound. I will have 1/2 of that tonight and an avo. Cheese and great salami midday. Nuts for snack and end with a square of 90% Lindt chocolate.

just eating a lb. of hamburger today.
    2 cheeseburgers, brunch time and dinner time....simple/easy/yummy

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.