Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

Ahhh, filling fell out and had to be redone. feel for ya. I am not a dentist fan and hearing that drill sound is enough to tense one up
    tuna casserole is a smart choice, nice and soft!

been doing well on liquids. But today is a food day. I want to eat, and eat I shall
    bacon cheese omelet later and then I have some chicken breasts I need to use for dinner, how I will make them, not sure, but will be a simple cooking method. Not sure on taste I want, maybe buffalo sauce? we shall see

Today is Tuesday.. Usually my wife has a meeting at 7:00pm but last time she went, she quit the group because of extreme negative attitudes from the members there.. So, no more early suppers on Tuesday... Which means tonight I cook something.... OK.... Here we go again....
    HOK is the only option at this time till I finish breakfast and then decide..
    I was thinking that due to the cold weather out today (which is -24c), a soup would be a good idea...
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Sorry about your wife's experiences in her group. I also can't be around those negative attitudes at all any more. I seriously can not stand that type of situation, your wife is smart to walk away and keep her sanity

soup is a fab idea. In winter now I am wanting more and more broth to sip. Love that warm cozy feeling it gives!

simple food day
    brunch will be beef broth
    dinner will be 2 thin pork chops, thinking maybe some leftover chuck roast with it also as a side dish

Today is garbage day.. I have in the fridge some containers of leftovers that I will be throwing out..
    Meatloaf.... tuna casserole... chicken breast in sauce, and some overripe veggies...
    WE DON'T USUALLY EAT LEFTOVERS .....

Yesterday from nowhere I started getting a slight sore throat.. I didn't feel like cooking a nice meal.. Just wasn't up to it..
    Supper I had to make, so I went the easiest way of all................ A BBQ....
    I took 2 frozen chicken burgers that I had made and frozen along with 2 turkey bangers and introduced them to my HOT grill..
    Took a good hunk of cauliflower and again I introduced it to my stovetop steamer..
    I actually had 2 pots of tea after the meal to sooth my throat..

Well, we had a meal and it was extremely easy to make.. ..... I served the burgers with some tomato chow-chow..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

For supper tonight, it will be some fish that I took out of the freezer..
    Fillets of Haddock that I will bread and fry in hot oil..
    Butternut squash cubed, steamed, and smashed with some butter and chives..
    Pudding that I will spike, served with heavy cream.. I ….. might …. add some frozen blueberries to the pudding just to make a difference..
    Definitely a pot of tea..

Supper tonight was almost a disaster.. The best part was the steamed broccoli I made..
    I tried to make a salmon loaf using a can of mushroom soup as the recipe called for..
    Well, talk about a flop.. I followed directions and it came out almost like a pudding, not solid like a loaf should be .....
    It was tasty mind you..
    I got the recipe from Google and it was supposed to be the best one...... RIGHT !!! The leftovers have already seen my garbage can..

sorry you aren't feeling well Steve. Hope it leaves ya sooner than later.

Eewww on that salmon loaf. salmon pudding, that sounds rough. At least ya tried!! I know you will end up with a great loaf in the future thru experimenting , scary if ya got the best recipe and it came out like that.

fasting day for me today. broths and protein shake. if hungry for any reason will eat a nice cheeseburger patty for dinner late tonight but pushing for a real good all out fasting day.

tomorrow I have nice pork chops planned so now I can't wait for those HA

My cold has almost gone.. Just bit of discomfort during the night and early morning..
    I went out for a few minutes today to change the air in my lungs and I felt sooo much better after..

Supper tonight (Friday) will be B/S chicken breasts cut in half thickness, breaded with lots of spices, and pan fried on oil..
    Steamed carrots and parsnips, mashed with butter and caraway seeds..
    Frozen fruit served with heavy cream and Splenda..
    Pot of tea...

Glad you are on the mend!!!

just a protein shake for brunch time
    eating my pork chops tonight with some yummy cajun spice
    simple day as always

today (Saturday) is another of those days.. Not feeling all that good but getting better...
    COMFORT FOOD would be much appreciated..
    MEATLOAF made with minced chicken..... How much better can comfort food be..
    I have just a bit of butternut squash left buy not enough for 2.. I have a small broccoli left but not enough for 2..
    I will make both of them and get rid of those in the fridge...
    I ……. might.... make a pudding.. Depends on how I feel..

We didn't do our weekly food shopping yet.. Tomorrow (Sunday) we will go food shopping..

glad you are better but those darn colds can hang a bit and tire you out, and meatloaf is always one of THE best comfort foods out there

we got snow. we hate snow here in the south about 3 in. so far and they say up to 8. shoot me please. nice thing is higher temps come right after this storm so should melt very very fast which is wonderful. not a snow fan ever. BBrrr and messy and work to shovel and and and.....ugh HAHA

bacon cheese omelet later
    sirloin steak for dinner time
    Last edited by ZeroCarb; 12-09-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Maybe it is time for you to also make some comfort food.. Casserole or something with a good bowl of soup...

I realise you are NOT a big fan of snow, but up here we simply can't get enough.. Bring it on and the more we have, the more money our village makes.. Wintertime our village makes much much more $$$$ than in the summer.. Snow and frigid temperatures are what we need.. Something like -35c for about 2 weeks would be fabulous.. It would freeze the lakes to allow ice fishing tournaments which brings many for the shot of the big prize.. Snowmobiling is HUGE up here and that also brings loads of people.. All these people spend $$$ in our village...

Today (Sunday) will be food shopping day.. I really am fed-up of eating out so I will be buying something for supper..

CORRECTION .!.!.!.!....
    My wife is now coming down with the slight cold that I just got rid of.. Looks like the cold didn't go far...
    Shopping will NOT be today.. I have enough food in the freezer to last another 20 or more days, so why go out if she isn't up to it...

Supper tonight will definitely be the usual ............................. HOK .....

Well, the ... HOK... turned out to be some fillets of haddock breaded and pan fried in oil..
    Steamed cauliflower..
    My zucchini loaf that I made some time ago and froze.. I made about 10 of them and put them in the freezer..

tomorrow (Monday) should be our food shopping day.... If my Princess feels better, otherwise I will go alone to shop..

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.