Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

cold, windy, damp. feel for you not bbq'ing but I get it in that weather!!

out on road later. will eat naked cheeseburger or something to get me thru
    gave big rack of ribs to enjoy when I get home

Those salmon patties I made were not the best I ever made.. I found them a bit too dry and heavy..
    Next time, I will try to make some sort of a salmon loaf.. If I don't have a good recipe, I will invent one...
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Friday is food shopping day for us..
    They are forecasting a bruiser of a snow storm for Friday evening and Saturday all day.. 20 to 30cms of the white stuff.. I am not worried as I am prepared for it.. The temperature is mild at -8c to -12c...
    We will be doing our food shopping Friday afternoon and most likely go out for supper..
    I will be buying lots of LOW CARB foods as we are going on induction starting next week.. After that Montreal trip, we both need it.. I am up about 10 pounds and I feel it.....
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Saturday will be ........................ HOK ....
    I have absolutely NO idea what to make for supper.. We went food shopping yesterday and the fridge and freezer are loaded with food but I am still bewildered as what to make for supper.....
    I was thinking of a stir fry with B/S chicken breast......................... Well, maybe ...........
    I will let you know later......

I eventually made that stir-fry and it turned out delicious ...
    I made a vanilla S/F pudding using cream instead of milk and I added some vanilla extract and cinnamon and just a small dash of nutmeg..

Sunday.... burgers on the BBQ along with some veal bangers..
    A fresh salad with my own dressing..
    Chocolate S/F pudding with some peanut butter as a spike..
    Pot of tea....

As I posted in "I will be gone" thread, I shall return in a few days...

HOK is a way of life for me around here

kid off school today. will get her some fast food later and get me naked burgers
    dinner tonight will be chicken alfredo

Monday supper was BBQ chicken.. Naturally we ate out as we are away..
    BBQ chicken, Caesar salad, water with lemon..

Tuesday........... HOME SWEET HOME once more... its cold, damp, snowing on and off, breezy, and simply a lousy day...

MEATLOAF ...... made with minced chicken................ soul food for a lousy day....

meatloaf is a great comfort food in cold weather! snowing, oh boy Steve. I can't even think that cold of a season yet.

I know you mentioned going on Induction for yourself and I think I am doing my 'zero carb' induction plan also with ya.
    I am carb creeping a bit. You know, snatch 2 fries from kiddo when out and about. Eat 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes dipped in gravy when I make them for family. a snitch of a giant tablespoon of ice cream from hubby's bowl when he is eating the only kind of ice cream I like LOL
    these are very small things I do but all of the sudden I am doing them more and more and I need a handle on it NOW. I know me, I know where this can go.

today is mayo and tuna
    dinner big big old ribeye steak with old bay seasoned shrimp
    MY FOCUS is on no snitch, no carb creep. have sardines, have beef sticks and more to nibble if needed and when making food for others it is time to say NOPE to a spoonful here or there. OK I got this

Today we both had doctor's appointments.. Just our family doctor checking on us and keeping a good eye on our health.. Nothing special....
    However when we got home, I had NOTHOING out for supper from the freezer....... Here we go again !!!!
    I took out some frozen chicken burgers that I had made and put them on the BBQ frozen.. I also took out some frozen veal bangers to go with the burgers..
    I shredded some lettuce, sliced some mushrooms, red onion, and some red sweet pepper and we had a salad...
    I made some S/F chocolate pudding and added some cocoa and brown splenda and a hint of nutmeg..

Hey.............. WE HAD A GOOD SUPPER AFTER ALL.....

Today Friday is food shopping day.. We do food shopping in the town of Espanola which is a 35 minute drive from our house because there isn't a grocery store in our village.. That means I buy for the week.. Yes fruits, dairy, meat, and vegetables as well..
    After making the order which is usually at a few different shops, we then go out for supper somewhere rather than coming home, unloading, putting everything away, then start cooking supper.. It doesn't make sense as we don't get home from shopping till around 6:30 or later..
    SO WE EAT OUT.....

I bought a super special Friday food shopping..
    They had B/S chicken thighs on special.. Please don't ask, but I bought 10 trays of thighs and each tray has 9 thighs.. Each tray weighed slightly over one kilo which means nice sized thighs.. Each tray was priced at the same price of..... $5.00 a tray.. Now that's a real bargain..

OK....... supper tonight (Saturday) will be a stir fry using 4 B/S chicken thighs cubed and marinated in a honey/garlic sauce....
    Onion, garlic, broccoli florets, red pepper julienned, and sliced mushrooms will be the veggies......

The balance I will put 4 thighs in a freezer bag and load up the freezer with chicken thighs.......
    I will have enough for quite a while of those thighs....

found snow crab legs on sale so I grabbed a bunch, not a great sale but ok cause I really want them

crab tonight
    cheeseburger patties later for when hungry

so far my attention to not allowing carb creep is working again for me

Stir fry was good..

Tomorrow I am thinking of a slow cooker meal.. I have some shoulder steak which is tough.. I will thaw it, sear it in oil, cube it, put it in the slow cooker with lot of veggies and some stock.....

I also have a cabbage that I will make a large bucket of coleslaw using my new food processor..

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.