Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

Having some coffee, cucumbers & tomatoes, and a chicken thigh. Figured I cooked them for storm so I might as well eat them.

storm turning a bit so downgraded even more thank goodness but flooding will be an issue everywhere it seems. ugh for so many people to have to deal with this. mother nature does her own thing, that is for sure!

not sure today
    not in a food mood which is always great

got tons of meats/seafood options. will choose something usual and eat it up

ZC, you're right. Mother Nature will do whatever she wants to do. Up here in EC, we are OK, more windy than rainy. Upper Dare County, where my sister and her DH live, they are going back today. Sister needs to so she can check homes with the rental company she works with. DD and her family, OTOH, are staying up in Ohio until future notice.

Food for today, yogurt & coffee or breakfast. Potatoes & onions w/sausage for lunch. Mom will have a scrambled egg & sliced tomato with hers. I'll have sliced cucumbers and halved cherry tomatoes with mine. More chicken thighs and salads for supper.

Our guest has finally left..
    Cooking was absolutely no problem.. She ate what I made and liked it..
    She went home Sunday afternoon which means supper was only for my wife and myself.. I was tired so I took the easiest way out which is chicken burgers on the BBQ along with some turkey bangers I just bought..
    Coleslaw and grape tomatoes from the garden..
    sliced bananas with heavy cream for dessert..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

For today (Monday) its back to normal with just the 2 of us..
    I was thinking of a stir fry using B/S chicken breast and loads of veggies..

Breakfast:... our usual of 3 egg omelette with turkey bacon for my Princess and...
    3 scrambled eggs for me with maybe some cheese on top..

Lunch:.. back to our HUG AND KISS and maybe a S/F pop....
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

I still have a full ton of those red grape tomatoes that I don't know what to do with..
    I was thinking of making a soup in the slow cooker using up some of those tomatoes.. Just cut them in half and add onions, diced carrots, green beans, and some peas and let them cook for hours in a veggie stock and we will have a tomato, vegetable soup..

For the rest of the tomatoes, I will freeze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in a large freezer bag for further use.. That way they won't be one big clump when I need some for a sauce or something..

freezing tomatoes Steve? I just never did that. I guess for use as a sauce it would be ideal to freeze.
    Glad your company had a great time and the visit was a great one!!

have chicken breast. not sure what to do with it
    dinner, again, need to defrost. thinking maybe ribeyes for tonight

Had a chicken thigh, grape tomatoes, and coffee for breakfast today.

Leftover soup for lunch & supper today.

frozen tomatoes are perfect for sauces, soups and cooking..

supper tonight (Tuesday) will be stir fry in the wok..
    B/S chicken breast marinated in a honey/garlic sauce with onions, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, and diced carrots.. Marinating sauce as the liquid as well as some stock for the liquid..

Pot of tea..

Ham slices, cucumbers, and coffee for breakfast. May resort to an Atkins bar for lunch, Mom has a Dr appointment @ 1pm. Leftover soup for supper tonight.

cj, do you make your own soups? just wondering

steve, wondering also do you make your own honey/garlic or is it a bottled brand you just marinate in?

simple day here
    tuna and mayo later
    have salmon for family tonight, I am not a fan so I will just fry up a ribeye again for dinner

The bottled brand..
    I buy the .... VH honey/garlic in a bottle...
    for $1.29 a jar, it doesn't pay to start making it.. a jar lasts me for 3 times......

Supper tonight will be some fish … Tilapia fillets that I will put on the BBQ..
    A fresh green salad with my dressing will go well with the fish..
    S/F pudding that I will spike and serve with real whipped cream sweetened with Splenda will be the dessert..

A pot of tea will go well after that meal to wash things down..

Steve, sounds like a great bottled flavor for you. I love marinades also. To buy seems simpler than making just like you said

easy day here
    bacon cheese omelet later
    for dinner tonight we are buying Japanese. steak and mushrooms for me. Will give most of my mushrooms to my kiddo who loves them, no rice of course which is fine cause not a rice fan anyway...but I will eat a few mushrooms as I do love them but find little use for them in my menu other than taste I guess LOL Being a zero carber a mushroom doesn't thrill me but I do like some in a blue moon, today is my blue moon, will have a few

Today it is raining, cold, damp and simply a lousy day.....
    Perfect for a …… meatloaf.... made with minced chicken...
    This time to make a difference, I will make it in muffin tins making individual small loafs..
    Steamed cauliflower served with fresh chopped parsley..

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.