Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

Oops........... Please don't ask... Yesterday I had way too many zucchinis from our garden including one that was too big to eat, so the DEVIL got the best of me..
    I made zucchini bread using honey instead of sugar, flour, and everything that I shouldn't eat...
    Now, the worst part is when the loaves were ready to freeze, we dug into one and (don't ask) we ate the whole loaf of that absolutely wonderfully tasting treat....................
    I got scared about eating the other one, so I froze it as soon as it cooled..

Now, I still have way too many zucchinis including one more too large to eat.. This time, I will make loaves again but freeze them without indulging into one again....................... I hope !!!!! ......... I ran out of honey so I will use Splenda brown sugar instead.. With the size of the monster zucchini, I will most likely make 4 more loaves to freeze..
    They will be perfect for company coming here Labour Day Week-end.................... My Daughter with her daughter..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

ZC, I saw the DGD's some, but not a whole lot. Time was being spent with other set of grandparents and great grandmother that live in the same city. She is really sick (lung and heart problems) so they spent time with them during the day, and stayed with us at night. School starts soon for the girls so they wanted to spend time with them before then. They probably won't be back up here until either Thanksgiving or Christmas unless something terrible happens up here.

Having a hot dog w/o the bun and some sweet potato fries for brunch, had a yogurt and coffee when I first got up today.

Steve I won't ask about any of it, we all have our total wants when we want them and you went after zucc. bread LOL but I bet it was super delish being so fresh!! Watch that Devil Steve

cj, so sorry your great gm is so sick. Did they travel far to come? Not close?

busy busy packing the camper for our 9 day trip to the beach, leaving Friday. Have steaks, chicken, burgers and more for the grill as needed. simple food today, tuna and sardines for brunch time and dinner is small NY strip steak on the grill.

Supper on Wednesday was again something different.. it wasn't meant to be that way, but it did..
    I meant to take out of the freezer 2 chicken legs with the back attached, but I goofed again.. One package was OK, but the other was chicken thighs (4) with the skin and bone in.. I also was thinking this was NOT enough food so I added each a chicken banger as well.. Oh well, it all went on the BBQ and we had a variety of different meats.. I put everything on a platter and help yourself to whatever you want..

I went down to the garden and picked a fresh salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, and I added some sliced mushrooms), including a lovely zucchini (yup, another one) that I sliced lengthwise and put on the BBQ as well..
    Now the problem was there was way too much food for only the 2 of us.. C'mon, all that could easily feed 3 starving, normal people, but we are NOT normal as we ate EVERYTHING !!!!!!!! You got it, WE ATE THE WHOLE THING !!!!! ..... No leftovers .....
    After that meal, who had room for dessert??? Well, we did as I cut up each a slice of watermelon that we ended up eating in the living room while watching TV....
    We didn't walk after that meal, we wobbled as we were sooooooo full..
    OK, we skipped the usual pot of tea after supper..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

ZC, thanks for the thoughts, but it is my granddaughters great grandmother (my ex mother in law) who is so sick, my ex-husband and his wife and my ex mother in law live in the same city as my mom and I. So, when my daughter and her family were in town they spent the day with that part of the family, and spent the evenings/overnights with my mom and myself. They live about a 5 or 6 hour drive from here, near Wilmington NC. Sorry for the confusion.

On to the subject of eating today, coffee and some chicken salad for breakfast today. Not sure about the rest of the day as we will be doing part of our grocery shopping in a bit.

Steve. WOW on a total feast at your house and the description made it sound so yummy! I have wobbled many times after eating, something I sure don't ever want to make a habit again Sounds like a fun day for you guys, just enjoying it all

cj, ahhh, family when chatted about can get confusing on who is who LOL
    good lc shopping for you ! All us LC'ers see food so different in a store from where we have been, I walk and think, junk junk junk and rarely hit many aisles anymore. Shop the perimeter and you eat well, shop interior of store and you find the chemical laden sugar junk.

today is super simple again
    cheeseburger later
    dinner, hmm, chicken breast with alfredo sauce probably

leave tomorrow on my trip. so packing is still happening. nice and sunny and super hot here so it makes for a good packing day

see ya'll in about 10 days. off on beach trip you guys be good now, ya hear

ZC, you are 100% right about family and confusion.

Having coffee and a veggie plate this AM. If I'm still bitey after that, may grab a Greek yogurt. Getting broiled shrimp and scallops for lunch after we get out of Walmart today.

Enjoy your trip. I know about packing, and hate it.

Yesterday (Friday) I was working in the "back 40" field and I totally lost tract of time.. I wasn't wearing a watch..
    Came suppertime and I had nothing out, so I took 2 frozen small B/S chicken breasts, dry breaded them with herbs and spices, and put them on the BBQ frozen..
    I also added each a honey/garlic banger, frozen of course to the grill..

Coleslaw bag with dressing, grape tomatoes from the garden, also a zucchini cut lengthwise on the BBQ as well, was the veggies.....
    We finished off the balance of the watermelon for dessert..

Considering I had NO time to prepare supper, we ate pretty well..

Chocolate Greek yogurt, 3 strawberries, and coffee - it's what's for breakfast. Along with some allergy medicine. Grr, I hate these mornings.

Steak, 1/2 baked potato, and salad for lunch/supper - depending on what time we eat.

Tomorrow is Sunday which means pancakes for breakfast..
    I use wheat gluten for my flour and S/F syrup on top.. I will also add a banana to the mixture giving it a banana pancake..

Supper............... HOK again.......

Peach Greek yogurt with a sliced peach and coffee for breakfast today. Ribeyes on the grill and a salad or lunch, leftovers for supper. And sneezes throughout the day.

Monday supper...... fish.... I think it will be fillets of sole but I'm not sure.. It could be something else... BUT FISH .... for sure....... maybe ...
    Steamed broccoli.... fresh tomatoes from our garden.. fresh sliced zucchini from our garden...
    The balance of the pie I made yesterday..

almost 12 and afternoon and we are moving slow this morning LOL good trip and busy

I am feasting on scrambled eggs with melty cheese, some delish bacon and 1/2 a small NY strip steak I put Cajun spice on.
    eating wonderful and enjoying doing just that

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.