Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

BMI
    LEFTOVERS ALERT!!!
    I did some chicken breasts in my slow cooker (so much cooler than any other way of cooking) and added a great Hatch green chili salsa I had. We had shredded chicken with more salsa, avos, and sour cream for three dinners!!!! Love me my leftovers!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    About those....... LEFTOVERS............ ????????
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Aradansky, those leftovers sound delicious.

Drinking coffee and nibbling on Strawberry Shortcake Greek yogurt (only 9 carbs) with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries. Not sure what lunch will be - Mom has a Dr appointment at 1pm but I imagine supper will be leftovers.

Today (Wednesday) I made a meatloaf using minced turkey..
    totally delicious and I have some leftover that I will slice thick and pan fry with my morning eggs..
    Steamed broccoli....
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Steve, meatloaf sounds good - I've never tried ground turkey in it before.

Peach Greek yogurt w/diced peaches & coffee for breakfast - if I can keep my eyes open. We had lots of thunderstorms last night that kept me awake last night.

Supper tonight (Thursday) was B/S chicken breast sliced in half and pan fried in a honey/garlic sauce..
    Coleslaw..
    Vanilla spiked pudding..
    Pot of tea..

Breakfast is cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, diced chicken breast,Black Cherry Greek yogurt & coffee. Weekly shopping day today, so no clue what will be for the rest of today's meals.

Back from 4 day lake trip. It was fab. Tons of kayaking and swimming and fishing. Outdoor gal I am

tons of great meats on the grill.

simple day
    Atkins protein shake for brunch (very rare I use these but I don't want to eat but need something so I opt for a 23g protein shake)--again rare but they were on sale big time so I got some

pork chops tonight, just thin cut. with some cajun spice

leave in 2 days for another 4 day trip. Have to shop tomorrow for meats for the grill again.

leftover alert!! That had me laughing I am finding I am getting to where I hate leftovers also but hubby will eat them so that is good only leftover I truly love is meatloaf and ribs...other than that, most of it ends up so dry reheated etc......it seems the word leftover is not a good one here HAHA

BMI
    Sometimes you just need to shake things up...... (TADA!!!) lol

I was on my own last night so I whipped up a Mediterranean type meal. Olives, feta cheese, sliced turkey and two hard boiled eggs (sliced and covered in olive oil) OH MY! I am off for a weekend workshop and will stay as low asn I can while gone. I am in deep ketosis and hate to mess with it....

See you all later!

Friday is food shopping day with us..
    We came home shortly after 6:00pm and I had nothing out for supper.. I took some frozen chicken burgers that I had prepared and froze.. I put them on the BBQ frozen along with each one banger..
    I made a salad and we had a decent meal..

In my limited (personal) experience, people would do better to avoid "canned" diets (Atkins, etc.), and just print out lists of the best foods to eat, and the foods to avoid.

I lost 60 pounds in 3 months, from 230 to 170#, by doing this.

This us probably obvious to everyone here, but still amazes me.

I do not consider myself still on a diet, just that I have accomplished a lifestyle change.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Back to just the Greek yogurt, fruit, & coffee this AM - fixing steak and salads a little later today.

We have a traditional PowWow here in our village this week-end .. We usually go but this year, I have my doubts as my wife has a ton of work to do in her garden..
    They normally serve a feast at 5:00pm (for free of course to everyone) which consists of various foods, mostly native such as.....
    Moose, deer, bear, beaver, rabbit, sturgeon, fried bread, and a ton of various salads made from almost everything you can think of.....

This PowWow is put on by our local natives, the Ojibway at the Sagamok which is just across the river from Massey about 5 kms away..

Cary I get ya and congrats on how well you have done. Very great accomplishment but many of those 'canned' diets you mentioned have helped millions and have started many on a great path for a wonderful lifestyle change. So while it worked so well for you, many need some help to move forward....it was Atkins that was my savior then I transformed from that into an even better lifestyle change.

Steve, oh too bad you think you guys can't make it. I would love to be at that PowWow and see all the action!! That meat food list is impressive, I would be having a bite of it all

meatloaf for brunch time
    NY strip steak for dinner tonight

leaving tomorrow for 4 day rv trip to Tennessee and will chat up when I return alot of BBQ grilling for this zero carb gal LOL
    see ya'll

supper tonight (Saturday) was fish...
    Fillets of sole breaded and fried in hot oil..
    Coleslaw and also sliced tomatoes with a basil sauce..
    White chocolate pudding made with cream..
    Pop instead of tea..

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.