Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

My chicken slow cooker meal was a huge success..
    Unfortunately, I have some leftovers to which I don't know if we will be eating again or not..
    I just threw out some containers of leftovers from the past week..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

simple day as usual

tuna and mayo for brunch time

nice slab of ribs for dinner time

BMI
    Steve, you need to rent a room out to a hungry college student......there would not be any leftovers..... HAHAHAHA
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

leftover ribs (which are a delight to re-heat)
    have to finish up my leftover chuck roast meat (which is a great re-heat also LOL)

leftover day and all good stuff I like to be leftovers HA

Supper tonight (Monday) was burgers on the BBQ.. It finally got a bit warmer, so I decided to take advantage of it and BBQ...

I made a baked turnip casserole to go with it..

Frozen blueberries with heavy cream..

Pot of tea...

NO LEFTOVERS TONIGHT !!!!
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Arlene............
    I don't have an extra bedroom
    We don't have a university in Massey and no High School either.. Just 2 public schools, one Catholic and one Protestant..

Leftovers ???? Well, I am trying to cook smaller meals, but sometimes it is almost impossible..
    Some leftovers we both enjoy such as soup..

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yesterday we got up very early and I actually had lunch (which is a rare occasion)..
    I reheated up the chicken I made in the slow cooker in the microwave and it wasn't all that bad.. Actually I enjoyed it..
    One problem with leftovers is, we usually don't eat lunch as we get up late, have a large breakfast, a very small bite for lunch and our main meal is supper..
    Last edited by Steve; 01-09-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Supper tonight will be a casserole or a stir fry of some sort..
    I WILL TRY TO MAKE A SMALL ONE NOT TO HAVE LEFTOVERS !!!!!
    Most likely B/S chicken breast cubed and in the Wok with a ton of veggies..

I will come back on here and let you know what I actually made.....

very true about leftovers-----when will you eat them?
    I eat 2 times per day only. Brunch time eating meal (around 11-12-1-2 range and an early dinner meal in the 4-5-6 range.)
    So any and all leftovers of mine have to be eaten in those times. I physically can not eat more than 2 times per day.

today is finishing last of my ribs at brunch time whenever I get hungry
    finishing off last of my crockpot chuck roast for dinner time

ok, onto new meals now......sick of my meats, SEAFOOD is now in my line of fire

BMI
    I use my leftovers for the next night. So, look out crabs, here comes Zero!

The hospital cafeteria is a super one! I did not eat breakfast yesterday and we went down for lunch. WOW what a good selection. I had an Italian fish, hard boiled eggs and cheese. I got a few more eggs to keep with me and had them about 7pm. I was going to eat breakfast here in my hotel this morning, but I am thinking that I will wait again and eat another big meal.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please don't ask !!!!!!!!!!
    I ended up making fish for supper...
    Took out of the freezer some fillets of Haddock..
    Made a salad to go with it..
    A easy meal but very tasty and nutritious.. I breaded the fish first in herbs and spices..
    I also made a S/F chocolate pudding for dessert using cream instead of milk.. Came out very rich but again delicious..
    That pot of tea was really appreciated..

BMI
    Even with all that is going on right now, I am on plan and even eating a lot less!

Supper tonight (Thursday) was a lovely meatloaf..
    Steamed broccoli with a buttery garlic sauce over it..
    Coleslaw..
    Frozen fruit with heavy cream for dessert..
    Pot of tea after the meal as usual..

Friday is food shopping day.. I will be shopping by myself as my Princess is still not weight bearing, it is stormy out, and we are going away on Sunday so going out today might be too much for her.....
    By the time I get home, unload the car, put away the groceries in the fridge, freezer, or cupboard, I will be much too pooped to cook supper, so I might pick up something on the way home......

Arlene I hope and sending prayers all is ok with your Mom!!!!!!

simple day
    tuna and mayo later
    alfredo cajun chicken breast for dinner

BMI
    thank you Zero. Her recovery is not going as fast as I think it should but then, she is 88. And she is better day by day.

I have been eating a big breakfast in the cafeteria, eggs, bacon and berries. YUM. Then, I am not hungry until dinner and even then, just for a little. They have hard-boiled eggs in the cafeteria that perfect.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.