Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

Quote Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
    I don't have a carb limit per day - I'm on a 70/30 mix insulin 2x a day, but my carbs are a lot less than what I was eating. Pepsi Max is a 0-sugar soda, and I usually drink only 1 a day.
    Thanks for clarifying, Arlene said you are doing a diff. plan so I get ya now
    Less carbs in our lives is a key good thing!! In fact no carbs are required to survive Glad you are doing well!
    Thing is if you are on insulin and diabetic, instead of the beans and red taters you are eating you are better off heading toward adding a big old skewer of grilled shrimp with that. Protein won't raise blood sugar the same as a veg ever. Low and slow for protein

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    Sounds like a good eating plan, cjmmytunes. How do you season the chicken thighs? I had two eggs and two bacons with an avo side for lunch and a large handful of pecans and macs for dinner. I am at a workshop and take these three days to not eat much. LOTs of water. Today I will have coffee for breakfast, and get an avo omelette to go, for lunch. A few nuts for dinner. Same tomorrow.
    Some of them I put lemon pepper seasoning on, some I put garlic powder on, and some I put Lowry's seasoning on. I'm always looking to try something new. When I do b/s chicken breasts I marinate them in Italian dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCarb View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, Arlene said you are doing a diff. plan so I get ya now
    Less carbs in our lives is a key good thing!! In fact no carbs are required to survive Glad you are doing well!
    Thing is if you are on insulin and diabetic, instead of the beans and red taters you are eating you are better off heading toward adding a big old skewer of grilled shrimp with that. Protein won't raise blood sugar the same as a veg ever. Low and slow for protein
    Not a problem. I love shrimp also, but right now they are so expensive here that they are a treat or my Mom and I. And at this time of year, I grow lots of my own veggies.

Yesterday I had Greek yogurt and coffee for breakfast, broiled rib eye steak for lunch and supper (on sale at grocery this week) with salad for lunch, salad w/a few croutons & spaghetti squash for supper. 64oz water throughout the day. Coffee w/lunch, Pepsi Max w/supper.

ribeye, you can never go wrong with a ribeye one of the loves of my life!

I am waiting to find crab legs on sale, and no sales are popping up and making me mad I can't find it a cheaper price. I hear you on shrimp prices, you need good sales sometimes to get what we want.

eating a big old ribeye for brunch time meal, which is in like 15 minutes after I type this and go out and get it ready for the grill! I woke up very hungry but did some chores that got me to 11:00 am here and now I want to eat

Hubby thinking out to eat tonight at seafood place. Might or might not go, so dinner might be something there or whatever...will see on this meal tonight

Fish for supper tonight (Sunday).. Fillets of haddock, breaded, and fried in oil..
    A fresh salad was the veggie
    S/F chocolate pudding that I spiked for dessert
    Pot of tea......
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Breakfast Sunday was Greek yogurt & a few strawberries w/coffee, lunch and supper was a repeat of Saturday.

BMI
    About two hours ago, I put four BIG pork chops in my slow cooker, with onion, olive oil, a bit of bullion, and italian herbs. They are supposed to cook four hours so we shall see! My biggest problems with pork chops for ever have been they get dry and tough to chew. I am hoping they are good this way. Smells good! Will have an avo side.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Why is it the idea of Bacon and Shrimp for dinner sounds kind of blah..... but Bacon Wrapped Shrimp sounds like a cuisine delicacy?

Supper on Monday night was a tuna casserole or better a vegetable casserole with tuna.. I like to load up my casseroles with a ton of veggies making it a one dish meal.......
    S/F jello with heavy cream for dessert..
    Pot of tea...
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Quote Originally Posted by jsknox View Post
    Why is it the idea of Bacon and Shrimp for dinner sounds kind of blah..... but Bacon Wrapped Shrimp sounds like a cuisine delicacy?
    oh my I am so opposite. love bacon alone. pair it with shrimp and it ruins it and the shrimp LOL
    but anything 'bacon wrapped' does sound decadent for sure!!! I hear ya on that!

Arlene, call me crazy but I love the chewy pork chops...I have no idea why but my chops need to be crispy and fried hard, oh gosh another meat I eat so diff. than others Hope yours were good!!

today is blah, tons of rain and no sun
    ick

tuna later when wanted
    chicken thighs for tonight. might do like 1 with buffalo sauce and 2 just plain, will see what taste I might want later on those

BMI
    LOL on Chewy pork chops Zero. Mine were not chewy, very tender but DRY. Unless they are in a cream sauce, I have never had them come out moist enough. There just in not enough fat in them. Oh well. We have them as leftovers tonight, I will probably add my Hatch chili salsa to them to help, and avos on the side. Looking forward to our steak tomorrow! LOL
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

The last couple of days I've had yogurt w/granola and coffee for brunch; leftover steak w/eggs and various veggies for dinner.

B/S chicken breast in the skillet in a honey/garlic sauce..
    Steamed broccoli with sesame seeds and a sauce..
    S/F butterscotch pudding with heavy cream..
    Pot of tea..

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.