Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

BMI
    I have one steak left for this afternoon. YUM!!! Had some blueberries and cream last night. Again YUM! The berries are fozen so it makes a kind of ice cream...

Have to go shopping, hubby will be home the next couple of weeks so I ma headed off to Costco. They have large packages of good meat that I will get home and separate into meal sizes. They also usually have great avos, nuts and maybe even hard boiled eggs!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

B/S chicken breast in honey/garlic sauce..
    Salad
    S/F pudding with heavy cream
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

So we hit fav seafood restaurant where I get my crab dip and ditch the bread and use the dip on my old bay seasoned steamed shrimp I love.
    Bleck. Changed recipe. Not as good at all. The crab dip was 'chunky and thick' and dry and had something like, maybe celery, in there and it just stunk compared to old recipe.

done deal. I won't be saying lets go back there cause my one fav food is now different and ain't gonna bother. I tell ya, you just can't win LOL

today is easy
    bacon egg omelet whenever wanted for brunch time
    dinner, ribeye on the grill
    cheaper to eat at home and love my food then eat out anymore

BMI
    There are places we eat at that I Pray they change their menu. But not take a tried a true thing that I love and change it, I mean add new foods once in a while. I am so sorry they changed your dip!

Hubby gets home about 2PM. He is coming in from Singapore so he will be asleep on the couch about 7 PM. LOL Anyway, we will probably go out or grab burgers as I don’t cook dinners on the weekends.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

you and me both Arlene! So many places are not lc user friendly in a way. You pay top dollar and don't eat the sides and the main protein is small and probably sauced up in a way we don't want LOL I swear it is getting harder to eat out literally.

MIL who is a sugar lover to the max said the hushpuppies they brought to the table were TOO sweet. They just load those suckers with sugar to the max. Yuk

ugh

smart not too cook on weekends, take a bit of time off from the kitchen LOL

I DIDN'T END UP USING THAT CHICKEN BREST I TOOK OUT FOR A FEW DAYS AGO... ITS STILL IN THE FRIDGE....... WELL, ....
    Supper tonight (Saturday) will be that B/S chicken breast cubed and marinated in a honey/garlic sauce..
    Broccoli florets, sliced onions, pepper chunks. and wedged carrots will join the chicken in my WOK !!!!
    Chicken stock for the liquid along with the marinade and a splash of soy sauce..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

tomorrow (Sunday) will be a BBQ..
    I just bought a load of chicken legs with back attached skin on.. Boy are they big..
    I will cut away the fat that is visible and put 2 of them on the BBQ for supper..
    I will freeze the balance of them..

I also bought a cabbage that I will make the KFC coleslaw.. That will last us for quite a few days..

Glad you used up your chicken fast before you lost it Steve. I have left some chicken too long waiting to be cooked LOL and into the garbage it had to go and boy do I hate throwing away money!

simple day
    big old bacon cheese omelet later when hungry
    dinner will be big old bacon cheeseburgers on the grill. Bacon is optional, cause if I have it in my omelet later I might opt out of it on my burger. Getting longer into my way of life I don't covet bacon like before and have to have it all the time now. But, hmmm, since I am a bacon hound tho I might load up my burgers? or not? Ahhh, a mystery if she will or wont...LOL

I agree with you .. I seem to throw away enough food with the leftovers as is, I don't need to make it worse...

oh that is so true Steve. The money and waste most of us do with food is almost shameful in a way. I so get you on that! I am a 'frugal' type gal and waste is not a good thing for me ever LOL

The chicken was OK but bland.. I should of dry marinated it first to give some taste............... NEXT TIME !!
    I didn't make the coleslaw yet, so we had a green salad instead.. perhaps today I will find the time to make that coleslaw.. It is time consuming shredding the cabbage along with other things and making it......

Supper tonight will again be HOK ...... I have NO idea what I will be making as yet....

oh yes chicken needs good flavor to enjoy! So agree! Marinating gives it juicy and great flavor for sure.

making big meatloaf today (eggs and little pepper and onion salt only) and will eat on that for a few days
    brunch time will be omelet with bacon and cheese

getting sick of cooking, which is good, I am less interested in food right now again. always a good thing

My HOK meal turned out to be exactly that..
    I had nothing defrosted for supper so I made some of my chicken burgers on the BBQ.. I put them on the grill frozen..
    Steamed cauliflower.. Bit of coleslaw that I made..

I made today some KFC coleslaw using my new food processor.. It is always better after 2 days..
    I made today some flax seed muffins which came out delicious.. We had each one with butter for dessert..

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.