Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2018 ??

BMI
    I have been suffering through three days of high 80s and mid 90s F here. I am NOT a happy camper. Zero you and I need different temps around us to be happy. It is supposed to get cooler for the next few days, thank heaven. My AC is broken for another week. You should see the fans I have set up around the house! Usually, I can turn the AC on for a tiny bit in the afternoon and the fans keep the house cool. Right now, I have every window and door open in the morning and then closed in the afternoon when it starts getting warm. Helps but I am still not happy.

We had the BEST steaks and the best AVO in a long time. Last night. HOWEVER, the strawberries are ripe here and I could not walk by them the other day so after dinner we have been having sliced berries and cream. I have about two more days worth left. YUM.

This morning I am making Mediterranean Chicken thighs in the oven. Want to get them done before it gets hot. This, but I ad lots of garlic https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/lo...-chicken-bake/. YUMMY and leftovers!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Arlene you can have our 45 deg weather highs and I will easily take your 80s wish we could switch.
    sorry your ac is broken, I would not be liking that either in hot weather! when I need my ac I need it

supper tonight (Tuesday) was fillets of sole, breaded, and fried in hot oil.. Served with a sauce I made using horseradish ...
    Steamed broccoli..
    Sliced banana with heavy cream..
    Pot of tea........
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    Oh my gosh, that chicken dish is sooo good! And we have leftovevers! I put a lot of garlic in it and that just gets better with sitting a day. Yum.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Yesterday (Wednesday) we went to Espanola for the dog.. it was to the Vet to give her the annual check-up and her shots of Rabies and whatever.. By the time we got home, it was almost supper time with nothing taken out, so the only option was to put some of my frozen chicken burgers on the BBQ..
    I had a coleslaw bag that I added some sauce and that was supper.. A last minute thing, but it wasn't all that bad....
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

for today (Thursday) Princess has asked me to make a soup.....
    I have all the veggies necessary and I will take out some minced turkey to add some mini meatballs as well in the soup..
    That should keep us for at least 3 meals each.. Now,, there is a bruiser snow storm coming here for the next few days, so the soup will be greatly appreciated.. They are calling for up to 50cms of snow.. That's about 20 inches of the white stuff..

wow Steve that is tough weather coming at you!

simple day
    meatloaf chunk again for brunch time
    dinner going to do a ribeye steak

I realized one super duper thing about me, I must have simple and easy and never want variety. I like certain things and will eat just them. KISS is truly me LOL

bacon/cheese omelet when I get home from having my hair appointment later

another big old ribeye steak on the grill tonight.

Time to fire up the grill again before the big T storms roll in tomorrow.

We already had some snow, but the main storm is due on Sunday and Monday.. If they are correct, we could be snowed in for a few days..

Supper tonight (Saturday) will be that soup I made on Thursday.. I added one pound of minced turkey mini meatballs to the soup when I was making it.. It was lots of work, but it makes the soup completely different..

Weekend which means some kind of decent dessert..
    Blanc Mange with blueberries and whipped cream..
    Strawberry jello with strawberries in it..
    Chocolate pudding with bananas in the bottom of each bowl..

I will also make some flax seed muffins.. We like those with some butter..

Supper tonight (Sunday) was B/S chicken breast cut lengthwise and cooked in a honey/garlic sauce..
    Steamed broccoli.... coleslaw...

Tomorrow (Monday) is the monthly pot luck dinner at our Seniors Club..
    I will be bringing some devil eggs and also I will buy a sliced raisin bread as well..

my south....brrr...come on already cause this cold is just too crazy. ice on the goat's water LOL in April...yikes

big old rack of St Louis Style ribs in the oven. BIG YUM

later, when hungry, hmm, wait on ribs or just might have a bacon/cheese omelet before I hit the rib rack

Supper tonight (Tuesday) will be soup from a few days ago..

might eat leftover ribs later whenever

guts in a wonky icky way went for Japanese and had steak and mushroom and gave mush. to kiddo but I put soy sauce on steak and this morning my body is NOT loving me LOL

good day to just not eat anything and let the body come around I guess...no biggie on this, food is not an attraction at all today

BMI
    I don’t want the severe cold weather but I am so not a fan of hot weather I almost would like to live way up north. OR be in a place where it is always 70 to 80 F. LOL

Zero, I had that stomach bug, too. Very sick for one day, then icky for several more. Glad you are over it.

I had an intense weekend workshop, drove two hours home, then early the next day, hopped on a plane to Vegas. Believe me I would rather be at home. We meet a friend here from New Jersey and it is his favorite place to be.

I ate one meal a day at the workshop, and loved it. Here I am very careful. We will have one dinner that I will consider my Birhday dinner and I will have dessert. I will still pay for it with leg cramps if I eat too much so that will be tempered as well. All in all, I am still ketosis and loving it.

Supper tonight (Wednesday) will be a spaghetti squash with my spaghetti sauce on top..
    this is a sauce that I made some time ago and froze,..

I will make a dessert as well.. Most likely a S/F pudding of some sort..

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.