BMI

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but not a low carb diet. I need support to achieve my goal of losing twenty pounds. It was easier when I was in my twenties and early thirties to achieve my low carb diet. Now in my forties and my twins are off attending college, I fell off the band wagon and gained weight due to an empty nest. I need motivation and any advice to lose this weight. thanks

BMI
    5862E7D6-079A-44F3-A176-F496FD7B3C28.jpegThis is really about how much you want to change your way of life. You say you have done low carb before but remember, most who lose the weight and then go back to eating the way they used to will regain the lost pounds or even more. We would love to help you in anyway we can, offer advice, answer questions or point to reading that will, provide recipes and congratulate on goals achieved. I suggest starting a journal, telling us what you are eating now and we can guid you to a new life. But YOU have to find your motivation. YOU want to have to make the change.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Thank you Aradasky, I have been consuming meat, fish and using pure cocnut oi in my coffee as well as MCT oil. I lost five pounds and got into ketosis but had wine Friday night and was thrown out of it and gained two pounds also its TOM. So not sure which caused the weight gain and my negative ketones.

BMI
    Also I saute onions, garlic, broccoli and love salad with oil and vinegar

HI Jeze, missed your newer post here sorry

empty nest

sounds like it isn't really the food but it is an emotional change of life.

This change never means you have to change your eating easier said then done right LOL

I would work on WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW kinda thoughts and move forward with motivation in other areas of your life and remember always that LC is the life force that works for the body best. THAT is the simple part, now we gotta make the mind adjust to all our life changes.

best of luck, you got this!!

BMI
    Here, I suggest you start a journal. It is a very good place to keep all your conversations.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    Here, I suggest you start a journal. It is a very good place to keep all your conversations.
    Yeah, its good idea to start a journal now to keep track of all foods.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.