Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

liquid quidelines? there is NONE.....you drink when thirsty simple as that.

never put yourself into a box. It doesn't work ever. If you just let the natural happen......eat when hungry and eat well and full and happy.....drink when thirsty......you got it made in the shade bud!!

Tenderloin...omgosh who are we kidding here. melt in your mouth meat and the taste is just so over the top. I know point blank my body loves eating the best protein! Plus I can buy my tenderloin in whole form at a very low price from my local custom butcher store.

and I made the 'eye of the sirloin steak' cuts I bought....holy cow. SO tender and delish. I was in heaven eating those hunks of beef. Hubby was thrilled they were so tender, I think I will pay the 'tad more' per lb to get the 'eye top sirloin' cuts in a package vs. the whole top sirloin cut, but of course I do this on sale days and load the freezer. Not one bad bit on those cuts I got and if I can eat it all and not have to chew hard, I am always thrilled on just that HAHA

I am becoming a meat snob for sure. Since it is all I eat, I AM NOW so finicky on my cuts and cook method and I control it like a vise grip but it works for me and is important to me, so I do 'just for me to make it work'

coffee is fine. Just if ya want to get off the caffeine addiction, you can tackle it, but coffee is truly not a bad thing but most find if they cut it out they can lose more lbs faster......but again, this is a personal choice. Coffee is not a bad thing but it isn't a good thing either so ya swing how ya want on that one.
    I hate coffee so never an issue with me. I was a tea drinker, went into decaf tea, found it made my belly hurt a bit and finally dropped my hot tea. I get cold unsweet tea out at restaurants but found lately my tongue and mouth kinda goes numb when drinking tea, well not numb, but it is a weird change and I feel it and know it is happening so I am a 'water with lemon' person now eating out. my tea had to go.

so just tackle coffe as you want to tackle coffee in your own good time but water, drink when needed and nothing more.....but be sure to drink water cause if you feel hungry, alot of times you are thirsty. I say that is true cause I get very very hungry even after eating and I drink a giant glass of water and I am fine for hrs and hrs and hrs cause my body wanted water. Easy to confuse those signals in a way.

hope some of that helps ya!

Greg think one thing. You are not dieting.
    You guys have a huge huge advantage over us gals.
    we think 'diet', 'body' and more........you guys usually don't think that way SO for your it is 100% about the right choice of foods being as near to zero carb as you want to go and then ya got it made easier than us gals who carry 'body baggage' with us to the hilt!!

Thing is over the years I have let of of the body thing cause I am now 56 and heading toward 60 and NOT saying I am all gone here in any way but my 21 yr old body is basically gone cause I will never do what is required to get THAT back HAHA but one thing is SO important to me now is health. Health trumps everything and as friends, family and more pass thru the years I see it very clearly now....health trumps all and a vlc or zc lifestyle is key here (can we erase the years of bad eating and what health problems we might get from that....kinda nope ) but one thing we can do is improve our daily lives as we get older to be the best they darn well can be without carby/sugar crap in them

I have to think like this.
    what I gain is priceless.
    what is behind me is behind me and if some health issues gets me or creeps in then so be it
    but the rest of my days are mine to control for my food no matter what!

hope ya get that sense of what I am saying.............this is the only day we have, how do ya want to live it cause tomorrow is not guaranteed in any way and I finally see it for what it is
    Last edited by ZeroCarb; 12-14-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Hope you are doing well!! Just checking on you

BMI
    ZeroCarb, thanks for the check-in! Finished up a nice swordfish steak and some shrimp last night. Worked on the bathroom til late and then fell asleep in front of the TV! Missed my breakfast drink this AM but I am not really hungry. Have finally got the last bit of milk out of my coffee. Now just whipped cream and espresso! Need to stay vigilant. If I forget my lunch at home, I am stuck with sorting out a school lunch! Wow, is that stuff junk! Rather go hungry or just drink some water. Planning, planning, planning and preplanning, that’s one of my keys to success! Working towards a January goal! I get there one day at a time! in that regard, every day is January 15th. When I am successful today, then every day is Jan 15th. Make sense? It does to me and as you say that is all that counts! How’s by you? Greg

Doing well here.

Planning some food meals is important. You never want to get caught too hungry out there in the world. And thing is we are 'never that hungry' we are gonna die or anything so I figure when that happens I just wait to get home and eat well. I mean in truth a little hunger never killed anyone just yet.lol. I always keep that in mind also

Sure that makes sense! And you are staying on plan very well. swordfish and shrimp is a fab meal! I am on a rib kick again and love it HA

Hold strong!

BMI
    Be sure there are things you can eat, stored where you can get them. Like Jerky. You have to be careful of some jerkys though, they have sugar in them.

Here is a great list of storable snacks
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...214-story.html
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Ardasky, Of course, what a simple workable idea. Preposition no carb snacks in case! I like it a lot. The link no longer works, so could you give me an idea of what works for you? GREG

BMI
    ZeroCarb, good point! And yes, I have made it through the day without breakfast or lunch. No battle scars there! I keep working on the deli meat and a nice steak every other day. Still have not tired of a chicken breast lightly salted! I am on Day 37 and I am approaching the longest time I have ever been Low Carb. Just glad to be a part of a community, and I am proud of the direction I am going. I am still working on planning out my week with meals. Weeks are not standardized for me yet. Don't worry, I can freelance it with some shrimp or fish when I am moved. But I like the idea of having some things ready for the next two or three days. I am making progress on the framing of a skylight in our new bathroom. Nonetheless, I am painfully slow but steady. I am doing fine! How' by you? GREG

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.