Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI

Slowly is the best way to change our ways, Greg. And each pound you lose is one you are not gaining!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Oh wow that is so interesting and I bet that journey was just a mile marker of awesome in your life. I have checked access points on the trail in the NC area and have started calculating where to get on, when to get off and resupply some food and all and how long it would take in the time I had to hike the trail....seems I haven't gotten there yet on the AT but I sure am interested! Any mountain hiking trails hold my interest but not for anyone else in the family and I have no friends that are interested truly either, sure, a small state park hike or something but the real deal hiking, ugh, I am kinda on my own here. I know what you mean.

Slow is fine because it is a lifestyle change. You are not on a diet You are changing back to basic very low carb eating for life, the lbs will drop as they see fit as long as you hold your plan. The minute you add 'a little of this', 'more of that', 'just 1/2 of that bad meal', 'going off plan just for this event tonight' and more is when all the trouble begins. If you have a eating plan that will work for life and you leave it, then you are not on a lifestyle change anymore....I had to keep that in mind also.

So close to a month. Can't wait to hear your drum roll results

give us updated report soon I know you are doing great!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I am doing great, Day 29, I think, and sticking with my plan. A few stressful days at work, but everything is good. I have a plan to work, so I work my plan. I'll weigh in on Sunday and maybe do a ketostick. It's no biggee, I really only care about losing belly fat. So measuring my waist is key. I am making a big effort lately at drinking water. I drink a lot of coffee, but that, of course is not the same. Just drinking water takes my mind off of any urges I have, although I haven't had a sugar urge in a while. Kinda wonderful, yeah? I can eat simply! I can eat natural food and meat! Steaks and burgers and chicken. I like my salad, but the important thing for me is NO processed food. Just don't want it! Just don't need it! I am at a stage now where some of the things I ate seem a little repulsive. Okay, I can handle that! Always on the lookout for trigger foods, staying focused on seeing and being conscious at every table I happen upon. Don't want to trip my way into a mistake. Note to self: Just stay conscious Greg of the hard work you have done; respect yourself and stay laser focused! How have you been doing ZeroCarb? I feel I have been so self-absorbed in my first month. Hope to be more inquisitive about you and Arlene and others as I get my feet better anchored on the ground! Your support, advice and acquaintence has been key for me. Thank you, GREG

I am doing great. So far so good here. As long as I let no sugar into my life I can hold my plan very very well. If I get that taste, then I am off to the races and I am not going back ever to that life so I just stay on plan and eat so very well I can never complain actually LOL

Glad you are good....just hold the eating plan and the results will come. never fast enough for any of us but time is what is needed to make the body change so hold strong.....I tell ya Greg you took like this to fish to water happy you are good!!

BMI
    I can either be a struggling Carb addict, yo-yoing up and down the scale in a sea of guilt and frustration or, I can pay the price to get off the rolling boat. The price for me is eternal vigilance. That's okay; it's not a steep price and vigilance is a good trait. I walked by a bag of grapes today and caught myself taking a thoughtless glance. Then kept walking. Note to Self: It's the first carb or sugar that makes me look like a balloon, not the the thousands that are sure to follow. "My enemy is the first Carb"! That's right, say it again, Greg! One's too many and a thousands not enough! Had a nice steak tonight. Why not? Today is day 30 and tomorrow is my weigh-in. I am happy with what I am doing regardless of the results. I am grateful to ZeroCarb and Arlene and Diane59. I really need to stay in this loop! GREG

That is me Greg. Some are so sensitive to any sugar in the body that even that one carb sugar source from any food will start your carb addiction right back into full swing! So many can eat some and do well and hold to that higher sugar intake in their body (still a very low carb sugar intake situation) but even that is too many for me. Once you know what sugar does to you and you accept it, you win this whole thing! I had to accept it......and geez, a big old juicy steak huh? A real deprivation meal there ya know HA HA

You know what is on my mind since it is SO darn cold outside? A big old backyard BBQ with big slabs of ribs, juicy grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs, maybe some brats and all on a big old giant plate for me, sitting out in the nice hot summer and eating like the carnivore I am and not one carb in site

Results will come if you hold your plan. It is never a fast thing for so many of us....but if you hold plan, they will come!! Your body is loving it's new sugarless situation. It is thrilled. It is changing to how it was meant to function.

Happy for you!!

BMI
    OK, weighed in today and I am at 190 pounds, that's a nice loss for first month. Waist size did not change, but that is okay because it is kinda hard to measure the same way and place anyway. That will average out over time. My ketostix show small ketosis and that is great also. Key for me is to keep on keepin on. I am not gonna hitch my motivation to any outward goal. That doesn't mean I don't have a goal, it just means that I am not gonna get disappointed if I don't reach some arbitrary monthly setpoint. I am doing just fine. Weight is coming off! I have a plan and support! So nice to be one month down the road. Not afraid to look back and see that frustration and desperation that I had one month ago. I am thankful for it! Onward and downward. I am making a plan for the holidays. This month went pretty fast for me. I am grateful to Arlene and ZeroCarb for the continued support and chat. I have come to believe that is the essential ingredient for me. GREG

Hey Greg did ya know what weight ya started at about....190 is great...under the 2 mark is fab for all but what is the lb. lost mostly? just curious. This site does not have like a 'start weight' and 'current weight' to give another an idea of where you are in the journey.

Also, thrilled for you. Your positive attitude is just stellar. You found your path and once you do, you roll forward and conquer!

Another thing.

Keto sticks.
    reason they suck is they measure only 1 kind of ketone when there are like 3 in the body. AND WHEN ONE gets keto adapted and has no sugar mostly in their system, the 1 ketone it does measure changes in your body. It is now not a waste product to be measured by the keto stick, it is NOW a true fuel source for your body so the 'number is not truly indicated' at all at this point.

see keto sticks show initial changes.........once your dump carbs from the body your keto sticks WILL NEVER EVER show any truth to you. You are ketone adapted burning fuel body and a keto strip will never register this action at all.

So just a warning, save your bucks and buy great meats/seafoods with the money spent on the keto sticks

Many 'who do eat some carbs' and do a more 'controlled eating of carbs' and want 'keto knowledge of where they stand' will rely on keto strips. This is not a almost zero carb eater type. It will never apply to you. If you eat a steak and a bit of mushrooms with it, your keto strip will not register, change or be active like ya think. You are EXTREME LOW CARB or ZC and the keto strips can't register the truth of the ketones cause you are a ketone burning body now and 'numbers or colors on a strip' mean squat at this point.

hope you get what I am saying
    there is science and a diet plan to 'use keto strips' and if you go off that carb eating situation then the keto strip means 0.

I am zero carb.
    I got strips and checked, it showed I was only pink and barely in ketosis. HUH? well the 1 ketone measured is now a fuel source and not dumping from my body, it is being used as fuel, so it won't register on the strips ever.

just some info for ya to check etc. I checked it all and it is sound true science here but it is somewhere to check if you need to know that the strips are useless for an extreme lc person. The truth is a ketone adapted body (extreme lc/zc person) will never be accurate on a keto strip ever. Go buy another steak with that money

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I started on the 11th of November at 196 pounds. So, lost six pounds! That's great, but faster than I need. I know the rate will slow as I get fitter and have less to lose! Your advice on ketostix makes absolute sense. My short goal for January 15th is to be at 185 lbs. It's hard to exercise in the winter, but I know that the sooner I get off my ass the better I will feel. Still shooting to walk Ireland late in the summer! Hope to saute some Swordfish tomorrow. My store has a sale on beef tenderloin now so I'll stock up. Day 31 draws to a close. ZeroCarb, thanks for keeping in touch. That makes a big difference to me. Both you and Arlene have been great! GREG

BMI
    Today is day 32. That's my first month behind me, and wow, I learned a few things: In no special order,
    1. Support and camaraderie are essential for me, I look forward to the day when I can start paying that back!
    2. Don't let yourself get hungry, stressed out or lonely, that's when my vigilance can get iffy.
    3. Be patient, I didn't get into this shape in a month and I am not gonna get out of this shape in a month.
    4. Natural food is essential, but don't turn eating into a constant celebration. Every dinner table is not an invitation to party!
    5. Processed foods are a scam, they are expensive and a ticket to bigger and bigger pants.
    6. Don't worry too much about weight goals. Have goals but understand that things take time, reread number three every morning!
    7. If you can walk, or walk with a backpack, or jog, give it a try. If you can make it a habit, exercise can be your best friend.
    8, Read the literature on sugar (Taubes or Lustig), this will remind you you are on the right road.
    9. Don't leave your doctors out of the loop, let them know what you are doing and how it's going.
    10. Write yourself short notes for your frig. I need to remind myself what is working and what isn't!
    11. Reread Number 3.

GREG

BMI
    Greg, that post and the six pounds gone get you a BIG
    7CC39344-EDE3-48A6-95AE-1092F021C081.png
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Arlene, many thanks for your watchful eye on me, great advice and gentle reminders. You are the best!

WOW 6 down is wonderful! Hey it is never a race! Thing is you are doing a true eating lifestyle change, one where you can eat and not be deprived, one where the food is what you like, you are happy and content with that eating and you are thriving. A diet will 'diet off lbs faster' for sure and what happens when on a diet? We all usually fail cause we are deprived and miserable. A true eating lifestyle change will change your body in time and give you wonderful benefits.

You know aside from the weight loss I have achieved, the best other benefit I have gotten from vlc/zc is mental clarity. Out of the carb foggy brain. It is amazing how much clearer I think. How I react to situations now. It is an absolutely amazing benefit to vlc/zc way of life. One I never knew would be so exciting and getting that clearer mind and thinking. I just love it LOL

Rock on Greg. You are doing fab. Your list is very sound and reasonable!! Your attitude is wonderful, you are fitting right into this lifestyle!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, Many thanks to you for your high enthusiasm. That really got my attention when I started.Thanks for keeping an eye on me. Had a nice tenderloin last night! Just keeping with my plan! One day at a time! Starting to focus in on my water intake. I drink a lot of coffee so I want to make sure if I am getting enough water. What's your liquid intake guidelines? Thanks for your time and support! GREG

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.