Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI
    Cerwyn, Thanks for the mantra, I'll steal that! For me being right means being honest about my shape and honest about my tendencies. Getting honest is a big part of being LowCarb, there is no way around it. Every night I pray to be a more honest person. (Just before I pray to not get too clever!). Thank You!

good chat on the board to help our old minds come to terms wtih things that are SO hard to change in our lives. Our own mind blocks us alot of times. We do see it, we just pretend it ain't happening LOL

BMI
    ZeroCarb and Cerwyn, Love this chat! I can live on steak and honesty but I can’t live on just steak. This is my koan for today!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, “We do see it, just pretend it aint happening” I pretended a lot as a boy; time to fully grow out of that! Thanks Greg

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I learned on this site (I think from you) that if I say I will do something tomorrow and don’t prepare to do it (sharpen my tools, buy the lumber, etc.) then it was probably a lie from the beginning. Honesty check;!!!! Do I have a plan of eating for today? Have I shopped it, have I set aside time to prepare it? Or am I just all talk? Thanks, Greg
    PS. I guess you could say I am still in the motivation phase, not the recipe sharing phase. But I am doing well!
    Last edited by steadyed; 10-14-2018 at 07:10 AM.

great post Greg. so very true that if we don't set us up to make it happen, each meal with good shopping and planning, then yea, we are in 'lie mode' to ourselves and if we want true honesty in our life to ourselves, then yes, we MUST make it happen. I like your post alot!!

I tried tons of lc recipes back in the beginning of lc days and I tell ya for a 'non-chef/cooker/hate kitchen' type person like me....simple is best. Steak and mushrooms. Side salad. DONE......pork chops and asparagus, done. When I tried to re-create my old go to fav foods I loved the LC version was icky compared to the junky good yummy recipe LOL and I hated it (NOW this is just me, others do very well making lc versions of meals and love them) but I found KISS....keep it super simple....was best for me.

We always must do what is best for us to make it all stick long term. Take your time and figure out how you want to eat thru this life and how much work you do want in the kitchen, etc. If you whip that, you got it all whipped

BMI
    ZeroCarb, Yeah, I got that from you! Settin' myself up for success! Thanks, Greg

yes if you don't do it for you, not a darn person on this earth is gonna do it for ya lol

You doing ok I hope
    wondering if all is well and hoping it is for ya!!!!

BMI
    Thanks for the check-in, Zero Carb. I have fallen a few times. Everytime it is because I did not prepare and have a plan for the day. No plan + no preparation = no win!!! Lessons are learned slowly for this soul!!

Yes planning is essential for me. If I don't plan I always seem to make a bad choice.

BMI
    Thanks Cervyn; It would seem so simple. Plan my meals and snacks, buy the food and eat it! I live within 200 yards of a large supermarket. What gives? Is laziness that powerful? When will my remorse outweigh my laziness?

planning food is a pain in the butt big time if ya ask me.....and yes I don't want to do it either. Like....my life is full and now I to 'worry and plan and think' about what I eat? UGH drives me batty aslo that I have to put food up to that level in my life. But I must. Cause without planning and knowing what meal is available and on the table and at arm's reach to be made, my decisions will always be take the easy road and eat whatever I want when I want and this is how I got into this whole mess anyway …..I get it. Planning is also learning a new skill to do every day to stay on plan. It actually is important. But it gets easier after time in that you 'naturally default' into an LC'er…..some days no planning yet around crappy food as an LC'er you search out only the good options and refuse to eat the crap....that is kinda when ya know you are more stable and responsible for your food choices than you think hold strong...change will come and your LC dedication will kick in. Always remember eating LC you feel so much better. Literally. Your body screams energy and vitality. Carby junk makes you sluggy and slow. So keep that LC faith up front and feel great while doing it

I hope all is well Greg

So I popped in Greg.

Tell me how you are doing. Over in my thread you said you are on day 15 of low carb. THAT IS FAB!!!! Keep at it.

if you are having any troubles just ask some general questions here and all us old hate lc'ers will chime in and help ya

you are doing fab and just keep on eating lc. With time the lc changes become more habit and when you feel so much better, you hate to go back to eating junky and feeling like a slug, the high energy from lc is worth eating this way alone, but so many more benefits come to you also, that lc is the way to go!!

chat up when ya can. Hope all is going very well for you!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.