Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI
    Cerwyn, Thanks for the mantra, I'll steal that! For me being right means being honest about my shape and honest about my tendencies. Getting honest is a big part of being LowCarb, there is no way around it. Every night I pray to be a more honest person. (Just before I pray to not get too clever!). Thank You!

good chat on the board to help our old minds come to terms wtih things that are SO hard to change in our lives. Our own mind blocks us alot of times. We do see it, we just pretend it ain't happening LOL

BMI
    ZeroCarb and Cerwyn, Love this chat! I can live on steak and honesty but I can’t live on just steak. This is my koan for today!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, “We do see it, just pretend it aint happening” I pretended a lot as a boy; time to fully grow out of that! Thanks Greg

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I learned on this site (I think from you) that if I say I will do something tomorrow and don’t prepare to do it (sharpen my tools, buy the lumber, etc.) then it was probably a lie from the beginning. Honesty check;!!!! Do I have a plan of eating for today? Have I shopped it, have I set aside time to prepare it? Or am I just all talk? Thanks, Greg
    PS. I guess you could say I am still in the motivation phase, not the recipe sharing phase. But I am doing well!
    Last edited by steadyed; 10-14-2018 at 07:10 AM.

great post Greg. so very true that if we don't set us up to make it happen, each meal with good shopping and planning, then yea, we are in 'lie mode' to ourselves and if we want true honesty in our life to ourselves, then yes, we MUST make it happen. I like your post alot!!

I tried tons of lc recipes back in the beginning of lc days and I tell ya for a 'non-chef/cooker/hate kitchen' type person like me....simple is best. Steak and mushrooms. Side salad. DONE......pork chops and asparagus, done. When I tried to re-create my old go to fav foods I loved the LC version was icky compared to the junky good yummy recipe LOL and I hated it (NOW this is just me, others do very well making lc versions of meals and love them) but I found KISS....keep it super simple....was best for me.

We always must do what is best for us to make it all stick long term. Take your time and figure out how you want to eat thru this life and how much work you do want in the kitchen, etc. If you whip that, you got it all whipped

BMI
    ZeroCarb, Yeah, I got that from you! Settin' myself up for success! Thanks, Greg

yes if you don't do it for you, not a darn person on this earth is gonna do it for ya lol

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.