Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

One more time but I feel I am fishing with no bait LOL
    Hope you are good and check in Greg!!

Miss you chatting

BMI
    ZeroCarb, Back from Ireland and back on my plan! Had a very hard time staying low Carb in Ireland. I did find the home of my great grandparents. Happy with my effort but I need to live with the results. So, 3 meals a day, no snacks and lots of water. Keeping Carbs as low as possibl, under 20 until I get grounded. Sorry I missed so much contact with you guys. How's by you? Greg

BMI
    OKay, Yesterday was great in the day and tough in the evening. Evening is my toughest time. So here's my strategy. 1. Make sure I have a good near-zero carb breakfast and lunch. No snacks of any kind. 2. Drink lots of water throughout the day, 100 ounces or more. 3. Wait till seven or eight for supper. 4. Do a chore or clean up in my shop after supper and go to bed. 5. Stop watching TV as a reward for hard work during the day. TV and Carbs go together for me. Got to break that up! GREG

change tv and carbs to tv and protein. There is not a darn thing wrong with snacking on some protein at all
    pepperoni, some deli meats, bit of cheese, and all that jazz!

HEY I DID not know it was time for you to head to Ireland LOL
    I thought you bailed on the thread, I must have missed you leaving and hitting Ireland but it sure had to been a wonderful trip. Your great grandparents homestead! So cool! Happy you had a great time!!

remember that protein is your friend when hungry. eat all you need to be full, this kicks the ketosis back into effect and keeps you on plan and as the weeks wittle away, you less and less and keto kicks in full strength, win win for sure on our eating changes.

Glad you are back on the thread!!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, great to be in touch with you! and your motivating ways. I hiked a lot in Ireland but ate a lot of pub food or what was available. It is hard for me to stay low Carb in exotic places. Old news. Down to around 10-15 carbs per day. Jogging with my group again, but I have a long way to go. Trying to get my water intake back up to what it was. Putting steaks in the freezer. 4 Carbs in the morning as I mix a protein drink with my raw eggs. Salad lunch with salami or roast beast. Fish or steak for supper. Slowly getting back on track. Got to say I missed you. Hope you are well. How's the smoking goin? Greg

so far so good, I quit but I can easily fall back, I do miss it but I won't go there so I am watching me and doing ok so far.....but I know I am the type that needs like 3 yrs under my belt to make sure I am a non smoker LOL

Yu are doing good, eating the way you are and getting that healthy food back into you and your body will love ya for it. You will be tired from the food change, but then you energy will kick back up into full speed and you will be fine!

Jogging...go for it. Never a runner here but I am a hiker, but you can't ever get this old gal into jog mode...but I hope you enjoy and do well with it.

BMI
    ZC, Yeah, hiking is my first love too, but I gotta get some wind in these lungs. When I run I ache and want to puke. I can see every bad piece of junk that I have ever put in my mouth. It rolls across my mind as I run. That painful memory is sometimes just what I need at night when a bowel of ice cream drifts across my mind. You once told me that stuff is Rat Poison. Every step of every aching run just drives that point home. Great to yell at you again. "gotta run to the Sun" GREG

hey that is great you use jogging in a therapy way for yourself
    very true as our bodies work against us and we feel the pain and ick of our past eating, it does hit home that food is truly fuel for our bodies. Good fuel, we run great and efficient and with good forward energy. Bad fuel and we sputter and die on the side of the road hey I like that LOL

rock on Greg!

BMI
    Thanks LC, Always interesting and motivating to read your posts. I'm using my past to get to my future, making my mistakes help me down the road. On today's run I am going to envision all the bread and rolls of the past few years that I can. Their shape and texture; Of course I'll be gaggin for air. So I can keep repeating "rat poison, rat poison". Yeah, I like that. Celebrate every anniversary as an X-smoker. I am so proud of you! Greg

if only humans would learn from past mistakes. right? such an easy concept, yet one that is so eluding but with our bodies WE HAVE total control over that on what the heck goes in our mouths.....so much in life we have no control and that is evident.

I hope your run goes well and you are not gaggin' for air

So true! our attitude and what we put in our mouths are two of the things we actually have control over. There sure aren't many.

- c

Quote Originally Posted by Cervyn View Post
    So true! our attitude and what we put in our mouths are two of the things we actually have control over. There sure aren't many.

- c
    YUP! I think a lot of people do focus on what is not in their control truly. We 'think' we control so much but we really do not. An illusion for sure a lot of our lives But if we swing it and find our only true control in life, US and our attitudes and lifestyles we choose, then yea, we are taking control of the only thing we really can...our bodies and minds.

and scary thing is that is almost being take over in control by media setting what our minds absorb, stuffing our minds full of whatever they desire and we have to absorb it and health insurance companies forcing our personal health care to go xyz when we might want abc but it isn't covered, and so much more.

yikes sounds like big brother and a horror movie really if ya think about it HAHA

but we do have basic control over ourselves and if we want things to change in those areas, we must do it!

this is a good little chat cause I needed again, all the time, to realize that I am me, Me is I and I have me to count on in this lifetime as a true support system, so I have to take me by the horns and do what I want good to cement that info back into me from time to time

BMI
    ZeroCarb and Cervyn, There is a clever part of me that figures out the other side of me doing what I am suppose to be doing. I pray every night that I don't get any more clever in that kinda way!! Every night!!
    Greg

I too need to remind myself of this fairly frequently -- to concentrate on what I can control: myself.

LOL, I also use the mantra 'you can be right or you can be free' when I need to let go of what I cannot control. Geesh, letting go can be hard sometimes.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.