Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI
    When do you go to Ireland?

FAT and protein are the keys into ketosis. Water is needed often because we do not have the carbs that trap water in the body. I would like all new low carbers to start at zero carbs and then add back in slowly, but when we start eating LC we are still thinking that we need veges. And to tell the truth, until we are in deep ketosis, it can take a week or even two, we need to fill up with fewer calories. Maybe the time to go full on Zero carb is after we are in ketosis and hunger is a thing of the past.

It is such a radical change in our diet that we also try to find ways to “replace” foods that we ate. Like cheesy broccoli, cauliflower faux potatoes, zucchini noodles and muffin in a minute to replace bread. Now, for me, a super great meal is 1/2 an avo, a few sautéed onions and a great steak. Oh my gosh, that is my favorite!!! I love my nuts as well, but I eat pecans and macadamias so the carb count is low. All in all, I am not zero carb, but about 20 or less a day. (Cream in my coffee, onions, avos, nuts) I know I can eat this way for the rest of my life 99% of the time. When I am with family, or maybe try a new recipe, I eat a few more veges.

It is very important for us to find a menu that will fulfill our physical and psychological hunger so we can eat this way forever. You are doing this right now. It is not a fast process but extremely important. Good work.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Give us an update when ya can Greg
    Hope all is going well for you!

BMI
    Thanks, ZeroCarb and Aradasky, Just back from an OA meeting on Sat morning. This is a helpful live group for me. We spend lots of time talking about triggers and tools; what a coincidence. I am now abstinent from Carbs according to my plan for a week now and just want to give you both a shout-out for your warm welcome back. Wish I had not left, but that is in the past. Today is today. Just do the next right thing! I finished up my first week's radiation treatments for prostate cancer and I am doing great. I have a very favorable prognosis and count my blessings for that. A nurse dietician there told me to expect to gain weight because I am also on a hormone treatment that eliminates testosterone (prostate cancer food). I told her to expect me to lose weight! She liked my lowCarb/No carb food plan and gave me encouragement. They have to weigh me every day, so I also know where I stand (185 lbs.). Need to stay in touch every day. I bought my plane ticket for Ireland. I will be gone on July 23 and return August 30th. You won't know it though because I will be on-line every day. Last night I heard a friend refer to Carb triggers as "Rat Poison"; an interesting observation. He has trained himself to have the rat poison "reaction" when he sees a Carb trigger food. Wow, I would like to develop that! So I am doing good, thanks for the message! How's by you?
    GREG

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.