Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI

Back on my Feet

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCarb View Post
    LOL Arlene, he is starting to train!!
    OK, I am back. Been down and out with my second upper respiratory infection in a row. In bed for a week, Finished my antibiotics and sleeping thru the night. When I am sick I just roll into a ball and sleep, if possible. Guess I kinda go speechless. Ate next to nothing but did not lose any weight as I did nothing. Training had to wait. I spent the last two days sitting and standing without any dizziness so I know I am on the right road. So That's it! Hope to give you some more info on my running when I really start doing some. Shrimp tonight and more soup. GREG
    PS. Missed you all, but didn't have the energy to do anything about it.
    Last edited by steadyed; 02-06-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Greg, wow, sorry you got that bad...there is some nasty going around out there lately. I am happy to hear you are on the mend and doing better. Rest and go slow is all one can do when recovering from something bad!!

BMI
    Oh yuck. Sounds like the flu to me.... Glad you are getting through it. Give yourself plenty of time to heal, this does not go away easily.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

A giant big thank you Greg for your support and I need it
    I am back in weight loss mode and gonna fight like everyone again to get my desired goals!!

but the thing is...we got this big time. We just need time to hit the goal and change our lives for the better...works in progress

Greg are you improving? Doing ok over that respiratory problem and all? I sure hope so.....sometimes things like that take a long time for good recovery to get your strength back...you take care of yourself

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCarb View Post
    Greg are you improving? Doing ok over that respiratory problem and all? I sure hope so.....sometimes things like that take a long time for good recovery to get your strength back...you take care of yourself
    ZeroCarb, Thanks for your supportive post. It's been a heck of a month. Glad to have it behind me. I am 70 yrs old now and I just don't recover as quickly as I did when I was younger. The coughing that came with the cold and infection was the worst as I could not sleep more than an hour or two at a time. So I have really learned that I need my sleep, in big chunks for me to stay focused and feel alive.
    There were a few days when I felt dizzy. I took myself off low carb and had some bread and soup. Not sure that is what helped. I am back on the straight and narrow now and can report that my weight is essentially the same. Whew! Ok, here's a new plan. I have lost track of days since I started, but I am now doing a countdown till Ireland. That's 130 days away. So today is day 130, my egg shake for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a huge burger for supper. I also learned during my sickness that I have to stay hydrated. I drink a lot of coffee so that is just a must. How are you doing? The winter here in CT has been cold with normal snow. Yesterday the temperature got into the fifties and I sensed that Springtime feel. Winter is just plain tough. Glad to have that behind us. I am hoping you feel as enthusiastic as ever, as that has certainly been a tremendous help for me.
    Greg 130 Days til Ireland

BMI
    Hurrah, Ireland in 130! Great goal.

no matter how many times we are told that we do not come back as easily as we get older, until it actually hits up on the head, we do not believe it. I am still recovering from my last surgery last May.

We have not had enough rain (our winter) for years and are in the middle of a drought. Not good.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I hear ya Greg cause I am tapping on the door to 60 yrs old and I am not like I was in the younger days recovery does take longer for sure on a lot of things. Sick I usually bounce back fast but when I broke 2 ribs falling off my horse a few years ago it took forever to get ok, and heck even now I am not that ok on those ribs. Something healed and is 'sticking' in there and if I bend or turn sharp I lock up and muscle spasm to the max. Big OW on it and my Dr said it is a normal thing and I just live with it basically....so that stinks I used to fall and bounce back, now I fall and break LOL

Glad to hear you are on the true mend now.

Ireland, ahh, such a great goal to look forward to Greg!! Just a dream goal of enjoying your life and taking in the surroundings in fine form!! That is a lot of days for you to improve your stamina and health etc. thru very low carb.

On your trip, are you backpacking food and all? just curious cause I am hiker to the max and you can easily stay extreme low carb on excursions like this. I have done a few trips with canned sardines, tuna and dried beefs and more and can easily handle this as my food source, plus it makes one feel wonderful also

happy things are going so well for you!!

We are into the 70s now with stuff blooming, hoping no severe cold snap comes and kills all the buds out there, my allergies should start kicking in bad but I get thru it with OTC drugs I know CT, weather can be very tough. NC is weird but great cause nothing is ever 'long' which is nice. No long snows and accumulation, just a day or 2 of snow and gone the next few days...I like that faster change than a long type of season that holds on and doesn't flip fast. NC flips fast in weather but nothing beats the Carolina Blue skies

I was in Ireland in 2016 with my wife. We had such a great time. We only went for six days, took in a Bruce Springsteen concert in Dublin and then drove around half of Ireland from Giant's Causeway all the way down to the Blarney Stone near Cork. Can't wait to go again some day and see the other side and do some golfing over there.

Quick pop in to say HI Greg and hope all is well!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.