Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Steadyed's (Greg's) Journal; Start= Nov 11,2017

BMI
    Funny, the picture was turned into text. Maybe the server is not large enough to support the pictures I post.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I am feeling fifteen pounds lighter! I ran this morning with my running club and I was grateful the whole way for the progress that I have made. I feel brighter, meaning I have some confidence that this WOE is starting to stick; 60 days is about as long as I have ever made it. I am just past that now, so, as Aradasky says, now comes the real work! No excuses, no shortcuts! Meat and water, meat and water! My energy is slightly improved, and I feel like I want to finish things that I have started. Here is the epiphany I have discovered; do the right thing, one day at a time; let the big picture take care of itself! When you are in foreign lands, get a good guide (that's you and Aradasky), and then try actually following the advice! Sometimes you have to travel a long way to appreciate simple truths!
    GREG Day 63

Ahhh, that was a wonderful post Greg!!!

You also hit the nail on the head in finding those who succeed, who have been there and did the work and know the pitfalls they could not work thru...but have muscled thru and found that change they needed to make it all work for them! LISTEN to their advice and find the best part of that advice that fits your personal life.

I appreciate you saying I helped ya

I have a few total great success people I can truly say have made me make it and get thru this journey. Those few, like 3 real success stories (and Arlene is one of them!) have shown me the way. Without those 3 people in my life I don't know if I could truly hold or find this right path that works for me....and get thru the 'girly stupid head games' cause in truth, us gals 'think way the heck too much' about stuff HA HA (now don't stone me all you gals out there in cyber world abut that remark!)

Sounds like your running is going to go well for you. Remember to eat while running. Don't skimp, your body will need that protein fuel for sure! Longer you hold this way of life the faster your energy will bump up and up...but you MUST eat well to get that energy. Energy does not come with starving, or 'controlling' what you eat in that I mean, if hungry, eat. eat til full and happy cause that is what the body is asking for

wonderful post to read Greg about how you are doing. happy for you!!

BMI
    My very first foray into a forum was here. I was sooo glad of the few who were here to support me. That is why I am here. I was on a much bigger forum as well as here, learned a ton of stuff there, but always returned here. It has changed over the years, many have dropped off for one reason or another, but right now, I want to be here to help anyone who steps in. I know if you show up here and stay, it is the personal touch that is one of the reasons.

My journal is filled with all sorts of experiments, Greg. I think I had to do them so I could figure out what works the best for me. Even when I travel. I am on planes today, had bacon and eggs for breakfast and am now at a Carl’s Jr. And had a lettuce wrapped bacon burger - 1/2 pounder! I was hungry again! I probably will not eat dinner, but that burger sure was good. Like Zero who had to fight through the belief that giving up salads and veges was very bad for her, I found that VLC is the best for me, too. Oh, and on the experiments, I did not start them until I was sure in my mind that I was settled. At least 9 months in? I did try the Atkins add back in carbs, but hey, I found I did not really need them. I do have berries everyonce in a while, and a salad when we eat out, but I am not Zero carb, but VLC, usually under 20 or less a day. I love my cheese and heavy cream.

Is running on zero carb different for you? Do you have more energy? You said you feel 15 pounds lighter-WOW! That is such a good feeling. And remember, zero to VLC creates a different body for you. You can step on a scale and fool yourself. Be careful. You are going to weigh more than you look! Often VLCarbers can fool those carnival guys who guess weight! You are more muscle and much less fat.

One day at a time can add up fast. Keep it up!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    ZeroCarb and Aradasky, I had an experience this weekend with a good friend my age. He was hospitalized with dehydration and the trouble that causes with his kidneys. Started with a cold and diarrhea. He is borderline diabetic and overweight. Better now, but headed to rehab because he was immobile for 3 days, unsteady on his feet, fall risk, dizzy. Here's my take away; It takes a long time to get in an unhealthy state. We make a thousand less than optimal decisions about our diet and exercise level. We are able to do a lot of things which makes us feel we are healthy or OK. But the whole time the margin between healthy and really sick gets thinner and thinner. I am more convinced now than ever that my day to day job is to give up sugar, lose weight, get thin and fit; stay mobile and balanced! Not because I want to look good or be praised; because I want to widen the buffer between healthy and really sick! As I get older I want some buffer to recover from the unexpected! And did I emphasize staying properly hydrated! That's a point of emphasis for me this year! Hope all is well. Day 65, GREG

ooohhhh great point you made Greg.

Many skinny thin and 'seemingly' healthy 'looking' people are what we zero carb'ers consider 'skinny fat unhealthy people'.

It is what goes in the body. Not the outside shell in truth.

being overweight is a real sign of body failure. trouble.
    being borderline diabetic is a real sign.
    being sluggy and tired and THIN as a rail is a sign.
    and so on

it is all about how we feel. Thin people are slugs. Fat people can be slugs. Those 'average normal weight people' who seem to have 'figured it out and stay in good shape' are slugs.

Sluggy no energy kinda thing means to me that the body is throwing out a huge sign.

For me it was just that way. ENERGY LEVEL.

I was a slug walking down to the horse barn. breathing heavy, tired, barely wanted to go there and do the work and feed and all that jazz........sluggy feeling. Step to trouble point blank.

What I got on zero carb is an energy level thru the roof.
    THERE, THAT is a sign for me big time. MY personal sign. No slug feeling ever (except cold weather and all I want to do is hibernate now ) but for me every single person I speak with, no matter their age, ARE TIRED! and not tired of it all as in taxes, work and more.......just stinking tired in the body.

So yea I get ya on that post and it was a great one.

for me if I lose energy then I have something happening I can put my finger on very fast.
    High energy means I am flying high and and doing well which is 99.9% of my days now.

ahhh, just love the vlc/zc life

You have wonderful insights Greg, where were ya when I needed them back when I struggled like crazy? You could help alot of people with your good thoughts!!

BMI
    Very scary for your friend. Diarrhea can be very troubling for our bodies. We drink and drink but it is expelled too quickly. And once the electrolytes are out of balance, then it is real trouble. I am glad he is doing okay now.

So far, the best thing that we know about our bodies is that too much insulin causes problems. When we eat sugar or too many carbs we create insulin. Too much Insulin creates inflation in the body and can cause arteries to be inflamed and that is when plaque forms = heart problems. Or the pancreas gets into trouble and can’t keep up with the sugars = diabetes. There are many other forms of trouble caused by insulin. This is new research and is not generally accepted yet by many doctors or the general public. They think you are healthy if you eat fewer calories. Yes, thin can be healthy, but that is not the only key. What if you ate 900 calories a day of spoonfuls of sugar? Or bread? Or vegetables? Well, there are those who think veges only will be okay, but ask a former vegetarian/vegan who now eats meat how much better they feel. I just spoke to a physical therapist who was one and then became a low carber. He said his life changed for the better!

I really think thin can be good, but we can also understand that thin may not be healthy. I am not “thin” (I eat too many nuts) but I am healthy! My blood tests are super good. I have energy.

The biggest problem I see for your friend is that he is borderline diabetic.

You said it Arlene. Sugar is evil point blank. Sugar intake causes all the troubles for the body in so many ways. Ditch the sugar in your life and your life changes to the better immediately

BMI
    I am checking in, been sick with a chest and head cold for the last week. I am on the upswing now but barely! Staying home near bed and snoozing when I can. I have stayed on plan but have not eaten much lately as I lose my appetite when I am down. This AM I had my raw egg shake and it tasted pretty good again. My weigh-in for Jan 21 was 182.5, so I am now down 16 lbs since Nov 11. That's about 70 days for an average of about 1.5 pounds a week, which is more than I had hoped for. I know weight loss is easiest at the beginning and I expect my results will taper off. Still keeping my goal of 165 by the summer. That's only 17.5 pounds in 22 weeks. I can do it! I have started planning my walk in Ireland. I like the planning part. Emailing those I know along the path, booking my flight! Still grateful every day for the chance I have been given to see the light ala Carbs. I read an interesting NYT article about high fat diets and Prostate Cancer. I am a 1 year survivor. Had my surgery last year at this time. Been on a chicken breast splurge for a few days. Hope you are all well. I am thankful!
    Greg, Day 70

BMI
    Greg, that cold/flu is very hard on people, I am glad you are taking care of yourself. Sure puts a damper on your running though! No worries, you will catch up.

1.5 lbs loss per week is perfect. Too fast and you will not learn what you need to know about yourself and what foods are best for you.

Oh, a walking trip in Ireland! How fun! I have friends who have done Ireland and England. I have been over there many times, but not for long walks. You will be in great shape!!!!

Greg yea the crud is going around in all forms, some worse than what others are getting but you hang in there and SLEEP and REST most you can. that is key to recovery truly....when ya fight thru it and move move move it lasts longer, if you give in and let it take it course you get thru faster. GLAD you are on the improve.

and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you are a flat out true to form LC person now

You see it.
    You get it.
    You feel it.
    You are getting great results.

and that will click in your brain that eating A B C LC is a 1000% better than C R A P and we feel it in our bodies and get results and we learned and know now!! You are there and you will ONLY get better my friend!!!!! Happy for you to the max!!!!

Never worry on the number on the scale.
    VLC (VERY LC) will make you weigh more but be trimmer cause your body will not have any carby watery bloat in it ever. So forget that number, you look in the mirror and when that time hits you will be happy, don't look down at that scale, it truly means nothing in a 'real very lc' world!

Nice to see a newbie come on and tackle this full on and understand what it takes and just how great one can eat being healthy! You made my day on the newbie scale LOL

An VLC warrior and winning the long term war, not just a battle!!! Rock ON!

Are you better now Greg Hope all is good!!!

Another check in for ya Greg. I hope all is ok with ya!!!

BMI
    maybe he ran off the edge of the world!!!

LOL Arlene, he is starting to train!!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.