To resign due to weight gain

To resign due to weight gain

Most of my tasks in the office are computer and paper works that I don't get a chance to walk around. I gained 15 lbs already and it's so frustrating that even if I always get tired from work, my weight remains the same. My doctor advised me that I have to change some of my regular routine and diet to be able to lose weight. My husband suggested to give up my office work and focus on something else. But it's just hard for me to resign coz I'm helping my nephew support his studies. I hope I could find ways to plan for his college. Anyway, for those who are doing office work like me, would you mind sharing some tips to keep yourself fit? Oh please, I don't have much time for aero, zumba, work out..haha.

BMI
    Hi Rita,
    Gaining weight is so discouraging.

You are on a Low Carb eating forum. Even though we usually talk about what is good for us to eat we all know how important it is to exercise. There are several things you can do.

First, most weight gain is from eating the wrong food, not lack of exercise. Read all about Dr Atkins, get his book and pour yourself into it, or go here https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight. When we start eating low carb, the way we are supposed to be eating, weight starts to drop, even without a lot of exercise. Re-evaluate the way you eat. There are many recipes online. Start a journal here and ask questions

Second, walk. Park far away from work, or stores. Walk every evening after work. Walk. Walk. Walk. That will really help.

Hope this helps a little.

I agree ... for the most part, our weight problem is due to diet. I say this with all honesty. I have had a weight problem since I gave birth. I went on a low carb diet a year ago and the first month, I lost 5 lbs. Yes, it is not a lot, but then again, I continuously and consistently lost 3 - 5 lbs every month ... I am not at my desired goal yet and I've had months when temptation was too bad and I'd give in. The point is ... discipline. Low carb worked for me ... I gave up on rice, pasta and bread. My daughter LOOOVES pasta ... carbonara to be exact and I just cook it without tasting it. I LOOOVE baking and I've been doing it for years, so I can make cookies without tasting them. Plus, I never lack volunteers for taste tests. It is a matter of discipline. Eat right and exercise right.

Second part of your post ... lol .. helping your nephew with his education. Nowadays, aside from having some money set aside, it is also important to have good credit and a good relationship with your bank. Your bank can also help you in planning and saving for college, so the burden should not be 100% on your back.

Don't sweat things too much! Stress can also influence whether or not you will lose weight ... seriously ... I've seen articles about this ... so, just CHILL!

The weight came about from what you put in your mouth more than the exercise..
    Low carb it and you will see the pounds drop off gradually..
    Get a copy of the Dr. Atkins Diet book and read it over a few times till you understand what low carbing is all about.. Remember you didn't gain those unwanted pounds overnight and you won't lose them overnight..
    Drink lots and lots of plain water every day.. I know that is quite the inconvenience since you work in an office, but the water will make a huge difference..
    To start off with, eliminate 5 foods from your diet completely and you will see a difference in how you feel and your weight will start to drop..
    The 5 foods are.........
    FLOUR......... Anything made with or that contains flour of any kind.. That means no bread, pasta, wraps, cakes, etc..
    SUGAR........ Anything that has or contains pure sugar.. Use a sweetener such as splenda but NO SUGAR at all..
    RICE........... Anything that contains rice either as rice or rice flour.. Absolutely NO RICE in any form..
    POTATOES... Anything that has potatoes in it or that contains potato flour regardless of what kind of potato it is..
    CORN.......... Anything with corn or that contains corn flour or corn starch..

There are a few more foods to eliminate in the beginning, but as a starter, follow the 5 mentioned above..
    Your weight comes from food and only food.. Exercise is good but what you put in your mouth is the bottom line..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    I understand the 'office butt', I have one! I work in a cube city and sit most of the day. The last time I was on a low carb diet I lost almost 70 pounds, the only reason why I gained it back is that I reverted back to my old eating habits and the weight, over time, returned with friends. I feel like Aunt Fanny from the movie Robots!

So this time I decided to add exercise to my routine. I signed up at the local community center and told myself I would take two classes a week to make me sweat and build my core strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Nita Beverly View Post
    Most of my tasks in the office are computer and paper works that I don't get a chance to walk around. I gained 15 lbs already and it's so frustrating that even if I always get tired from work, my weight remains the same. My doctor advised me that I have to change some of my regular routine and diet to be able to lose weight. My husband suggested to give up my office work and focus on something else. But it's just hard for me to resign coz I'm helping my nephew support his studies. I hope I could find ways to plan for his college. Anyway, for those who are doing office work like me, would you mind sharing some tips to keep yourself fit? Oh please, I don't have much time for aero, zumba, work out..haha.

BMI
    Dandylion, that is a great goal! It is hard when you work, but it is so beneficial to move and groups are motivating

BMI
    Also intermittent fasting is great , and yes, walking at least half an hour a day helps a lot!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.