Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

BMI
    Actually, Zero, depending on the activity level, 50 carbs is low enough to be in good ketosis, burning fat as long as the intake of food does go over the energy used for metabolism.

This is a good blog about it. https://authoritynutrition.com/how-m...o-lose-weight/

Some people do not feel well or do well on Very low to zero carbs.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

The label says 0 carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree some don't fare well on VLC but many don't fare well actually in that 50 carb range, especially if it is a 'net carb' calculation.

I found more people on these forums need the 20-30 carb range and they seem to do best. I mean that is from what I have read over the years.

I guess it always boils down to individuality

I have to stay 20-30g a day to be in ketosis. ☹️ I could go higher but then when I'm not in ketosis my headaches come back. I woke up with a weather migraine this morning. Thinking I'm gonna just have to hang with it and suffer next month. I think carb cycling will work better after my body's had a few months to adapt so that going back into ketosis is faster and easier.

Keto, explain this carb cycling thing ya might do. I never got into that.

hope you are feeling better

Thanks, I am.

Ketosis has made it hard to get my lady thing going, and my cycles have been more painful. If I'm 2 days late, that's 2 more days of cramps and other symptoms. So, I've been breaking ketosis right about the time PMS starts. Not with a big mac and fries, mind you. I still eat Primal, which means I pretty much keep my starches limited to root vegetables (potatoes, tapioca, etc.). Unfortunately, it takes a bit after I break ketosis to get back in ( especially if I'm hitting the chocolate, nuts, etc.) and until I do, my triggers will lead to migraine.

ahh, that is something you need to fight thru actually.
    while it stinks and there is NEVER a doubt about that, you lower the carbs more and more and not give the PMS the carbs, in a few months you should get rid of the problems in that time it is coming.

I am in that menapause phase now. with carbs, WOW, the sweats from hot to cold and I was mean oh yea the whole inbalance.

On ZC, I am fine.....but it took time. It was about 3 months before I saw the best changes in this heat/cold insanity and my moods so improved it was crazy.

to me you are feeding it......it needs to be told 'oh heck no'....rebalance the body and that takes time. I would not feed it, I would fight like crazy thru it on the best food ya can and in TIME, if ya give it long enough, you should see giant changes to the plus side

To me this is where an induction type menu is needed. Go back to the lowest carb basics. AND GRADE up from there, but not too fast.

NOW I KNOW you know you this ain't our first rodeo on trying to improve ourselves at all and I get that cause I was there, but one thing I truly believe, GO BACK to bio zero as Dr A says and one must give it massive time (well, ya know overnight we expect results but our body healing don't go there )......and do the old experiment on yourself and see if you are 'more fixed' on your experiment....I think you would be

ok just rambling out some thoughts and if they don't hit your idea of what to do that is cool LOL
    sometimes giving big advice from another is not what ya wanna hear but take it all with grain of salt

Deep Keto will give ya the world, but you have to do your time in it and not break to achieve those great results. You might be way more carb sensitive than ya know. Again, just food for thought

BMI
    Ketogeo, I have other, younger than me (that is not difficult to find! LOL) women friends on LC who have some of the same problems. AND carb cycling seems to help some lose more. It usually takes about four days to get back into ketosis but then you have a good length of time in ketosis.

Really, ketosis is super good in so many ways, but we can still lose weight not in ketosis. However, that is when we get our cravings and hunger back. If we know that, really understand what is happening, then we can control it. It all goes away again when back in ketosis.

Carb cycling started with weight trainers. They saw a benefit in training and still had a weight loss with usually a weekly cycle. One day high carb and the rest low carb. I tried it, I mean I bought the books and planned meals and all. You are not supposed to go crazy on it, no candy bars or donuts, but add in fruit, grains and veges. It did not work for me although I have seen others it works for. You have found how to use it for your benefit and health.

I really believe we are so individualized that we HAVE to research and experiment until we find a way to eat that we can live with that is healthy for each one of it. Almost anything is better than the SAD way of eating with all its sugars and fear of fats.

I applaud you heartily for finding what works for you.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thanks, ladies! This is absolutely a journey.

Been munchy all day. Not belly growling hunger. I haven't heard growling since before I broke my fast this morning. It's brain hunger. I hate this. I had it 24/7 when I was eating carbs. I hope I'm getting ready to woosh. I have had the rank taste in my mouth all day, so I know I'm in ketosis. I just don't wanna knock myself out of it because my stupid brain keeps insisting I eat. If I'm still like this tomorrow I think it's time to hit the store and stock up on some cheese snacks, celery, etc. I can't do nuts when I'm like this. ☹️

Sorry to be fussy. Just having a rough time suddenly.

BMI
    Oh my gosh, I get the munchies two times... after exercise and just before losing weight! Good luck. Try eating cream cheese and coconut oil mixed.or bacon. Something very fatty. This is what these are for! http://lowcarbediem.com/fat-bombs-re...tkins-ketosis/

Yeah, def gonna make some pizza fat bombs at some point! Been looking at those! Thanks

I did figure out the problem. It was predrome for a BS little migraine I developed a while ago. It hit just as I'm getting back into ketosis. Grrrr... I medicated and now I'm hung over and wanting coffee.

Def staying in ketosis. Def making some fat bombs!

Here is the recipe I'm going to try, btw! http://www.ruled.me/savory-pizza-fat-bombs/

Brain hunger is never good

I dropped all snacking. What I do now is eat a meal. A REAL meal. One thing to remember on low carb is that if you only eat low carb, you can have that LC food in a nice meal. You never have to not eat when hungry.....hungry is key here LOL, but brain/boredom or whatever munchy hunger just is not ever nice to anyone I know, been there. I just fight thru those times. Luckily they are super rare now but what is my trigger is something mostly like TV commercials or when the family does a crazy food night and I smell something from the past. What a pain ya know

Don't take this wrong but there is no way I would eat those pizza things LOL
    I hope you like them, let us know. I am a meat gal and any of those lc recipe/fat bomb inventions, etc. are just not me at all. I can't wait to hear your report on them

Hang in there, some days are rough but easier days hopefully are coming.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.