Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Thanks, ladies. I know you don't really know me, and all the hugs and prayers are awesome. I feel like I've really found a great community on this board. ❤️ It's awesome.

It turns out I should be getting a short leave of absence from my job. I can look for another one while still being employed. And my partner and I have started working things out. He's insisting on picking up the bills while I'm searching. We still have some issues, though. We will work on them.

Still, I feel much better now that I'm not worried that I'll have to look for a job while unemployed and renting a bedroom in someone's house.

It was a very rough couple of days.

Thanks for the pineapple tip. I do love it (favorite fruit, actually) and now I have a great reason to put it back in my diet when I reintroduce some carbs.

And now for the really good news. Today is weigh day. I lost about a lb and a half. I'm now at 150.2 and .2lbs away from my first weight goal. And I swear it all came off my belly. Which is good. I need to lose more in my rear, but hey, I'll take it! I can wear all but one pair of my trousers now, and that one pair is just the slightest bit tight. I can almost fit into at least one pair of my smaller jeans. I'm so relieved to be getting my clothes back, especially with the job hunt. And it just feels SO GOOD to be dressing more my style and not just jeans and t-shirts because that's all that I have that fits.

I'm trying to attack this like a new beginning. This is the first day of the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    How wonderful, Ketogeo, and an answer to prayers ! I am glad that things are working out better for you again, and when you find a new job, it might be one that you like even better than where you are working right now. Congratulations on the weight loss, too..... that is awesome ! !
    About the pineapple fasting, you are never going to be able to get to a time where you can do that on low-carb. Even at maintainance , you would only be allowed a few ounces as part of a low-carb meal, and not 1-2 whole pineapples.
    It has to just be a fasting break from any other foods for it to work.
    Pineapple, is anti-inflammatory, and also is a diuretic, and a natural pain-killer. If you fast with nothing else for 2-3 days, it should flush out the excess fluids and you will be able to walk better, and then the low carb/keto diet should help to keep it from coming back.
    I don't know if it would work for you like it did for me, but I was in heart failure so bad that I just lurched around with stiff legs. I had to have several pairs of shoes to wear as my feet swelled up during the day. I would end up in a men's size 11 x-wide by bedtime, it was so bad. My feet looked like puffball mushrooms !
    My husband was skeptical when I wanted to try pineapple, but I told him that it was not forever, and a day of it would not damage me.
    BY the next day, I was actually shedding water weight and walking better, so I continued the pineapple fast. On the third day, I was jumping and dancing around the front room !
    After that, I just declared a pineapple fast as necessary when my legs and feet were too swollen. Now, I exercise and had the heart procedure, so I am no longer in heart failure; so just keeping away from sugary carbs is enough to take care of the edema.
    I am Yvonne and live in northern Alabama.
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

Thanks!

Ahhhh! Gotcha about the pineapple. I don't have heart failure as of a few years ago when I had an echocardiogram. They said my heart was great.

Really sorry you had to go through all that. I know how frustrating the swelling can be. But when it goes down it sure is great!

BMI
    Ketogirl, it is great that you found something that works like that for you!

http://www.lifejacks.com/the-pineapp...ody-in-5-days/

Ketogeo, wow, what a wonderful difference in your life. To be able to take time to do look for a job and have your relationship back on track is such a blessing. And I ditto the congratulations on the pounds lost and fitting in your jeans! Whoop! Now you can get rest and think clearly while looking for another job.

IMG_1129.JPG
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

pineapple is nothing but sugar and sugar IS carbs ditch it

eat better than fruit on this plan.....of course this is ALL how you see it to move forward in your eating.

SO SORRY hard times hit but heck thru life they are gonna slap ya down big time so days....and boy oh boy we ALL have been thru them..................at the blackest moments reach for the sunniest of situatons

the old 'be grateful for what you DO have' vs. the oh poor me. Very hard to do, oh heck yea cause I been there and know it but in all honesty, it IS SO important we know we can survive and move forward with big changes happening to us....not by us but by our people in our life and our situations controlled by others..................IN THE END YOU DO CONTROL WHAT IS DONE TO YOU........so always remember that. Control yourself to the best of your ability and don't wait for any people or situations to control us.

of course you get what I am saying here that if you find the silver lining, and go with the flow as life and destiny intended and DO for you.......all will be ok

hold strong!!

Thanks, A! Crazy proud of me.

Thanks, Zero. That's all some very deep insight and excellent advice. I'm going to be switching jobs eventually, and I've learned a lot from this one about what I don't want. That means I can do better at finding a better job fit for me. Holding strong here.

Friday Weekly Weigh-In 2/10/2017 (a tad late )

150.6lbs. That's only a 0.4lb gain for the most fun week of the month. I will so take that. It's awesome. I'm still trying to get back into ketosis, but I'm not stressing about it too much. I can't wait to see next week's number. Haven't seen a "4" in forever. 150lbs even is my first goal, and hovering just above it for 2 weeks is a tiny bit crazy-making, but I do remind myself that hormones are hormones. I would just love to shoot right past 150 and see 149. Still have about 13lbs to go for a normal BMI.

I'll get there. In the mean time, a gain of 0.4 instead of 4 works for me.

BMI
    I will keep fingers crossed for WHOOSH!!!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by ketogeo View Post
    I've learned a lot from this one about what I don't want. That means I can do better at finding a better job fit for me. Holding strong here.

Ahh, so true. the old live and learn and trial by error
    once you do know what you don't want in a job, you can weed out more to find what suits you best.
    Funny on work....most times for me it was never 'the job' or 'work'......it was the people who managed or worked with me LOL People can make or break a job so fast ya know LOL

Come on, woosh!!!

People are usually the big problem. I've always been a bit of an outcast. I would rather do my own thing and pick and choose who I work with. I'm trying to make that happen.

Friday Weekly Weigh-In 2/17/2017

The exact same. Dang. I know I hit the chocolate pretty hard this week. It was all 90-95% dark, but... I'm sure it messed me up getting back into ketosis. I've been off the chocolate for about 3 days now. Just going back to being good. And if I feel like I'm craving something, it'll be fresh whipped heavy cream with some walnuts.

BMI
    Don't sweat the scale. Unless you ate TONS of chocolate, you are probably losing, but not on the scale. Have you noticed a difference in your clothes? Maybe take a measurement of your waist to use in times like this. Sometimes there is a movement of your body that is not reflected in the scale. If you stayed below 50 carbs a day, you should be in ketosis. Walnuts and heavy cream have more carbs than chocolate (depending on how much chocolate you ate! LOL)

You're probably right about the weight loss. I haven't measured anything in forever. Might be a fun exercise to pick up the tape measure and see how I'm doing.

The chocolate most definitely has more carbs. Heavy cream has none, and 1/4c crushed walnuts only has a couple. My new go to snack!

BMI
    There are carbs in heavy cream, some people are surprised at that. However, if you REALLY pigged out on the chocolate then yes, water weight was holding on.

If you have old measurements, it would be fun to see the difference in your measurements.

one thing tho Arlene, the 'under 50 carbs' is not blanket at all.
    while MOST in this world get a great result, many find they have to go way lower to hit keto and get benefits.

for me that is why Dr A was so good. Induction. It is the start. Then ya upgrade to find that CCL which is so needed.

Just saying what works well for many being in that 'keto zone of 50 or less' is not even close for what some might need and they wonder 'why' it isn't working?

Keto, not saying this applies to you at all

Just saying that if you go back to bare bottom basics of biological 0 carb and then grade up, you have a firmer grasp on what is your CCL....critical carb limit. That ONE carb over that ya start to gain.

again, just throwing this out there for thought

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.