Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Actually, I am going to start with my bedroom closet! It's a double-size with folding doors. Then the small hall closet. I bought risers so I can get under the bed.... Needs to be gradual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    Good idea! Mine now has headsets with piped in music. Now loud enough in my opinion but better. Maybe you can try music while you are working on it.

And maybe have someone come in with a set of drums to bang on while you are trying! HAHAHA
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I don't know about drums... He does have an electric guitar and a good-sized stack!

BMI
    Hahahahaha!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Finally had to go with an open MRI. Then the jackass doctor says that since I'm 40 now he's just going to send me for PT. So he lied about doing surgery. He and his nurse lied about multiple things. Screw PT. I wanna be FIXED.

I saw a surgeon today who can do ACL reconstruction on Tuesday. I get to pick the graft type, and I'm already driving myself crazy with analysis paralysis. I think I just need to decide on my priorities, make notes about the advantages/disadvantages of each type, and then pick the one that fits closest.

I'm still doing well on my eating. Had to bump my Adderall dose a little, so my appetite is really down now. I really do just eat when the belly growls. Finally threw in the towel and started just making myself keto treats to deal with cravings.

My hormones are now so nuts that I'm debilitated a few days every month. It's like having a bug or the flu. EVERY MONTH. Cramps are worse too. I'll be going to my gyno appointment on the 9th on crutches and wearing a giant brace. Guess she'll have to actually talk to me and look at my hormone levels instead of badgering me about a pap smear. I think this could work out well, actually.

I'm moving to a little town in South Carolina near the mountains sometime in December. I can't wait. So spazzed. Partner and I are going to start a business, and his parents are going to let us have an apartment in their giant plantation house rent-free while we get off the ground. And I'm going to have a garden and chickens. ❤️❤️❤️

And I survived Harvey.

BMI
    I bet insurance has a lot to do with the no surgery at 40 decision by the doc. I know others who have had it fixed through surgery, most are over 40, but it has turned out good for them, including my husband. TUESDAY!!! Wow, when you make a decision, you get it done!!! LOL let us know how it all goes.

Sorry about your monthly stuff. I was soooo glad when mine stopped. Right, it is a gift go be able to have children, but come on, the kids themselves are a pain, do we have to be reminded each month with pain? HAHAHAHAHAHA

My grandson is still not on any meds. He is getting along with bumps. Have to respect his decisions.

Moving AND starting a new business? Wow! That is all going to be a lot of work and stress/fun. What are you going to set up? Is the winter in the mountains in S. Carolina snowy? Sounds like it is going to be a very good/ exciting move for both of you. And yes, you want your knee to be good for all that, not in the middle of PT.

Are you using Fat Bombs for your keto treats? I love macadamia nuts for my fat bombs. Problem is I eat too many! Are you eating full meals or snacking when your belly does growl?

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Hey Arlene. No, see, that's just the thing. The other 2 drs had no problem and put me on their surgery schedules right away. I've know for a long time that I want surgery. Now I have to rush because time is so limited before we move and I have to drive halfway across the country. That's great for hubs! He knows my pain. What kind of graft did he get? I'm getting an autograft, and I'm torn between patellar, hamstring, and quad.

I'm childfree, so the monthly is REALLY an aggravation. (I keep saying there needs to be an opt-out form... maybe online.) Oh, and now the 5lbs or so of bloat I gain is getting impossible to get rid of. It's all I can do to keep my weight down.

Yeah, the other day Dr. Phil said a new study out saying Ritalin negatively alters the brain if taken before age 23. I haven't checked into this study yet. No mention of Adderall or Strattera. Just goes to show meds are a serious decision. I would worry if he starts flunking, if the "bumps" start to look like they're going to affect him graduating. He may do better in college (God knows I did when I had a little more freedom and control.) The working world is where I've had issues. My executive skills (organization, time management, etc) are still a challenge to me over 20 years after my diagnosis. You can't do much without meds if hyperactivity is bad and focus isn't there, but you can work on those executive skills. Back in the day there were a handful of books about ADHD, and I think we had to go to the mall bookstore about 17mi away to find them. Nowadays I have e-books about ADHD skills on my tablet and a subscription to ADDitude magazine. (Thinking about pitching them, btw.) He just needs to realize this will never go away and he'll have to manage symptoms actively for the rest of his life. Support is very important.

It will be lots of stress / fun. I'll be in stage 2 of surgery recovery, getting around without crutches and driving myself to PT. I found a clinic about 4mi from the house. Small miracle considering how rural it seems to be out there.

We both do programming and data analytics, so that's going to be the basis of our business. He's got more management skills, and I'm more strictly a programmer and data analyst, so he's going to be running things more or less. It will work out just fine.

We will be getting 3in of snow per year. Perfect. No storms or being snowed in or any of that. My brother, who still remembers snow from when the family lived in Maine when he was 9, is already wanting to come see me after the first of the year when it's snowing. He's lived in FL for the past 30 years or so. He was so excited to hear I was moving to the Carolinas. He and his gf have been talking about moving there for a while now!

Sweetheart and I are very excited. Like I said, I'll still be in PT, but I'll be phase 2. It'll be okay.

BMI
    KG, I like that you are so optimistic. Things are easier when you can find the good sides.

Yes, I am glad my grandson did not get on Ritalin early, and he seems to be doing fine right now as far as the tough schedule he has. He does have a lot of “bumps” along the way, but he is keeping his grades up. This is the first year he does not have the constant “reminding” by his mom. They both agreed to stop that and so he really is on his own for the first time. She has a hard time not stepping in and saying something other than suggestions when loses his phone for instance. He loses so much stuff and has to rebuy it himself. That keeps his savings account empty! LOL He is taking AP classes, physics and math, and so far is okay.

As you know, being in stage 2 of recovery, plan on the cross-country car trip taking longer than you think. Your knee will need stretched often. Talk to your PT about what you can do to make the trip comfortable.

Yeah, kinda funny you mention it... I've traditionally been a bit of a pessimist. I prefer the term realist. I know surgery recovery sucks, but I've had many surgeries in my life, so I know what I'm in for. I known I can deal with it. As for the move, I'm just ready for the change. I've been dreaming of mountains, gardens, chickens, four distinct seasons and real winters, etc. I didn't think I'd ever be able to have all that. I guess I'm feeling a lot of gratitude.

I can help with the losing things. My mother pulled her hair out when I was in elementary school. She'd buy me a jacket and I'd lose it the next day. My grades would be bad. She'd have a teacher meeting to find out why. The teacher would tell her I missed turning in homework assignments because I lost them. The icing on the cake was when I'd make 100s on all my tests.

As I got older I figured out I needed a system that worked for me. I trained myself to stuff everything in my backpack. As an adult, it's my purse. It takes time to get yourself trained, and it ain't perfect, but it does work. That homework paper may have been wadded and crushed at the bottom, but it was there. I may drive myself crazy because I put my keys in the wrong pocket of my purse last night, but they are always in my purse. They're not on the kitchen counter, under the bed, locked in my car, etc. I always wear jeans, so I have myself programmed that phone goes in pocket. It's a constant little program that runs in my head. I turn ignition off, so keys go in purse. I'm done using phone, so it goes in pocket.

The important thing is that the systems WORK. If I train myself that keys go in pocket then keys end up in laundry. It works for the phone because I use and handle my phone all the time, unlike my keys.

What works for him will depend on him. He has to figure it out. Phone goes in pocket might be a good place for him to start. Mom can't do it. It has to feel natural to him.

You can always hit me up for stuff like this. I've dealt with this for decades. I totally get it. I'm also a reasonably functional adult, and I'm happy to help.

Good point about the stretching. I do plan to take 2 days to get there.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.