Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Got my InBody done just now. Gained a couple lbs of muscle. And a few lbs of fluid.

However! I lost about 6% body fat! Woooo! So at least that's coming off!

So happy to see solid numbers telling me all my hard work is doing SOMETHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    WOW!!!!!!!!! That is so cool and very telling about low carb! Those numbers are so much better than the scale. WAY FOR YOUR BODY TO HEAL ITSELF!!!!!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Actually, I may have been wrong on the percentage. It's more like 12lbs of fat.

Anyway! It's disturbing that I have more fluid now than I did about 10lbs ago. It's what I feared. It's all water, and it's not going away.

The next InBody in late October/ early November oughta be very telling.

I am so stoked about the fat loss. My big goal for the next InBody is to put on muscle in my legs. Me and the trainer about to start hitting dead lifts and leg press hard.

Low carb will extract some fat from that ass. LOL

So, now I've developed a distinct new problem. PMS has become some SERIOUS misery. I did some poking around, and I have all the symptoms of estrogen dominance / progesterone deficiency. I got an appt to go see my dr during my next PMS to run blood work. Hoping it's a simple deal where he can prescribe a cream.

I'm home today. That's how ridiculous it is. I had insomnia last night, and I'm falling asleep. And cramping. Oh, dear lordy, the cramps. I'm a day late now.

And I had hell finding something about PMS without PMDD. No, it's not crying and mood swings interfering with my life. It's having the equivalent of the flu every month!

BMI
    Sometimes being a woman is crappy........
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

True dat, my friend.

My appetite issues are about to be history. I found a good psychiatrist and I'm going back on Adderrall tomorrow.

BMI
    Hope this works for you!

It is, thanks! I'm on the XR, which is a little less jolting. So far, I can eat with it, but I don't have much desire to. Perfect. Regular Adderrall just made food seem revolting. Not good. This is so much better.

I've been so productive today! I made a list of stuff I wanted to do and knocked it out! No looking up at the time and wondering what I was supposed to be doing! LOL! I was listening to my audiobook and actually heard everything the narrator said! (Lately I have had trouble focusing on leisure reading. "Wait... who is Jon Snow talking to again???" )

Your grandson has been diagnosed, yes? Just a bit of opinion from an opinionated smartass who has had to deal with ADHD since age 5, both medicated and not, if you will indulge me.

He is a child now. His parents have to make the decisions about his care. His mother (if I remember correctly!) is your own child, so you support her in her decisions about his care. This is the way it should be.

But (yep, there's the but), right now he is living at home with parents to supervise him. He goes to school where teachers do the same. He doesn't have to worry about a paycheck or teachers firing him.

Being an adult with ADHD is rough. Some of us can get by without meds, others not so much. We can tend to lose jobs, car keys, paperwork, passwords, etc. People who don't have it can have a hard time understanding. The world is a cruel place.

If he ever hits a point where he struggles, meds are not the end of the world, especially when he hits adulthood. Just make sure his mom knows that.

BMI
    Thank you so much for this. I may cut and paste it and pass it along in an email to my daughter. I had problems when I was in school. Starting after I had surgery to get my tonsils out. I told my daughter than if I could have take and pill to make it the way it was before, school -life easier I would have. She has made this decision and my grandson is now 14 and in high school. He is much better than before, but still has problems focusing. I am wondering if it is time to talk to him, he could ask for a trial at least.

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

YW! Feel free to pass it along to your daughter.

Focus is the reason I decided to go back to Adderrall. I did meh the last 12 years or so off of it. I jumped around to different jobs, got fired a few times, quit a few times...

The job I have now is very important to me. I have some of the environmental accommodations I need (an office with a door I can shut, a manager who works with me, etc.) The problems I've been having with attention and focus in the last 2 years earned me a less than stellar review in January. I was branded "slow". Well, sure I am. It's hard to get your work done with any speed when you procrastinate, space out, etc... I went back on meds to save my job.

My concern about any other human with this condition is ruling out any treatment entirely, especially meds, which are the only way to correct our brain chemistry problems. If someone is doing well (like my 20 year old niece) and has a job that is conducive to their ADHD abilities and limitations, that's great. But not being able to hold a job because of unmedicated ADHD can be devastating and destructive.

Just speaking as a voice of experience.

If his attention problems are starting to affect his grades (like my problems were starting to affect my job), then it may be time for meds. I don't know him, but you do.

If you're all concerned about stimulants (and I don't blame you because they can be a tad rough) there's Strattera (sp?). It didn't do it for me. Nothing short of speed helps me. But we're all different. His doctor can help him figure out how to approach meds if he decides to go that route.

He's just so fortunate to be diagnosed and dealing with it productively at such an early age. I still have issues with feeling deficient and defective from living the first 17 or 18 years of my life with undiagnosed ADHD. I didn't learn coping skills until my 20s.

He's lucky to have you and his mom supporting him and looking out for him. My family just had no idea.

BMI
    Thanks again, Keto. Good information. I passed this post along to my daughter as well.

BMI
    Got a response from my daughter. ....

"I very much appreciate the info. I have heard many similar stories over the years about the benefits of meds. We just aren’t quite there yet with D. As unfocused as he is much of the time (or should I say focused on one thing - like Star Wars!), he is learning strategies to help and is doing well overall. And he is happy. I do remind him that meds are always an option for him to try, but for now he doesn’t want to. There are many side effects of medications - not harmful, but big things like trouble sleeping and eating. So we have to balance those. And yes, he may have trouble in the workforce someday, but he and his dad are very similar and his dad has done well - by finding a job he likes. He can always start up meds later if needed. I remind him of that as well.

Thanks to your friend for the info. It is always nice to hear from other’s experiences.

+++++

so thanks again!

I'm so glad all that's working out!

So, since I've been medicated, I've been... eating a lot more fat bombs because coming down off the meds gives me cravings.

Naw, seriously. I have been getting a lot more done at work. My manager even commented!

I have also been thinking about the blog I'm trying to start and what's been slowing me down. I had the epiphany that it's because I have no deadlines and no project plan! I picked out a project management app, Trello, and broke up my blog project into tasks. I assigned each a due date. I'm due to hit my first milestone next Friday! Woop!

Diet is going great! I can still eat, and the only real problem I have is the cravings in the evening. A handful of walnuts around 5 and a fat bomb or 2 when I get home fix me up great. I should feel myself slide back into ketosis soon. And I should be able to STAY in!

I have a totally diet-unrelated problem. I need an MRI on my knee, my doctor doesn't want open, and I can't even get a toe in the machine because my claustrophobia is so bad. I think I want to try de-sensitizing myself.

BMI
    Oh yes, MRIs are so hard for people who are claustrophobic. They are closed and LOUD! How are you going to de-sensitize? A closet? LOL (hope you aren't insulted but I really want to know) I hope you find a way, MRIs are a very important diagnostic tool.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.