Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Thanks, A. I swear the predrome and postdrome are getting to the point where they're worse than the actual headache.

The migraine started last night, but I took Maxalt and a hot shower and that was that! No hangover, though. Thank goodness.

Feeling so much better today. Brain has finally stopped telling me to eat. I had to brute force tell it NO yesterday so I could eat only when truly hungry. I got right back on track.

Sweetheart has decided to be very supportive and put his potato chips out of site. Trying to reduce the food cues. Out of sight, out of mind.

Already going off of chocolate for a while. Going to see what a PMS is like without it. Also, as soon as the shelled nuts and nut butter are gone I'm not replenishing them. I'm only going to keep cream cheese, nuts in shells, and avocados on hand for snacks, and even then I will try to incorporate them into meals instead, especially the nuts and avocados. They are a nutritional boon for my diet for magnesium, fiber, and extra fat. I do like to have the cream cheese when I get home because sometimes dinner comes late. I'm just too inclined to get in the pantry and munch on a few nuts. If I have to actually crack them it should slow me down considerably. Plus it brings back fun childhood memories of Christmas when Dad would want bowls of nuts hanging around. I'd sit there with my parents cracking and eating nuts and watching Christmas specials.

I also think I may have solved the mystery of the plateau: potassium. Even giving myself magnesium I still have to take large doses of it. I'm going up to 1500mg a day again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a charity chili cookoff. Chili, fajitas, sour cream, shredded cheese, grilled veggies... Ohhhh... 🤤 Low carb face stuffing at its very finest.

I'm being slightly bad and allowing myself a splash of diet coke.

Former Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini was hanging out here. He gave us an autograph. Nice guy.

Tomorrow is the big day. Surgery day.

Gotta be there at 6AM. Gah.

Nervous and got lots to do.

BMI
    Oh shoot, I missed you yesterday. I am hoping all goes well and you are back up to feeling good soon.

IMG_1393.GIF
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thanks

Out of surgery. Pretty miserable. Drowning and got a migraine. Can't wait to go home.

BMI
    Thought you would enjoy the crying pig! Hope you get home safely and comfortably. Rest well.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Hehehe! The crying pig knows my pain!

I feel much better, but I've medicated the migraine as much as I dare, and I can't get rid of it. All the mouth breathing is too triggering. Gonna talk to ENT about it this evening before I call neuro in the morning. Thinking I'm going to be taking one of my Immitrex shots.

That's 90% of my pain! I have all the sensation back in my nose, but it's not very painful. Heck, I just took some of the Tylenol 3 he gave me for pain to see if it would help the damn migraine.

Funny thing about me, I was actually allergic to codeine as a child. I don't remember what it did exactly (too little), but my mother told me I would scream. By the time I was 18, I no longer had a reaction. Of any kind. It does nothing. I took the opportunity to see if it did anything for migraine, and it doesn't. I had a similar experience with demorrhal (sp?) being utterly useless until they gave it to me in the ER for a bad migraine. Worked almost as well as Immitrex! Morphine just makes me throw my guts up. Percocet is ok. Vicodin is useless unless paired with naproxen.

I have some weird reactions to opioids.

Doing a bit better today. All I could do yesterday was sleep.

Been dealing with a bad gastritis flare-up, so I've had to eat a bland diet. Haven't been very hungry anyway.

I weighed today because I was pretty concerned with all that IV fluid they gave me. I'm back at 149.8. I haven't eaten much the last couple of days, but I've also been taking higher doses of potassium. Even after about 3 days of higher dose, my pre-surgery potassium was only 3.7, barely above the bottom of normal 3.5. I know when it's low. I'm never wrong about that. Why I leach it out so badly I'm not sure.

My glucose was 84! That's incredible! Back when I was still severely undermedicated for thyroid I popped a 40. At 2 in the afternoon. After eating lunch at noon. It looks like between hormone replacement and a ketogenic diet I have resolved my hypoglycemia.

My bp was also very good. All my numbers are great.

And now I need another nap.

Friday Morning Weigh-In 4/28/2017

Awwwwwww, yeah!!!! 148.8lbs! New low!!!

Yeah, I gotta figure out what the deal with the damn potassium is. In the mean time, plateau has been broken!

Actually venturing out of the house today. It's feeling like the anesthesia hangover is slowly going away. Running some errands and doing some light activity at the gym (like 30 min of slow treadmill or something like that). Was going to go to the store yesterday but ended up passing out instead. Hope my energy levels stay higher today!

My appetite is somewhat better. I felt like I could take down a whole cow last night. Ended up eating 1 burger with lettuce and cheese I hit almost 1300 cals yesterday. Woot!

So, I'm off to rinse my nose and snag breakfast.

BMI
    IMG_1420.GIF

HURRAH!!!!!!! On your scale number! Way to go!!!!!

Whoa....give yourself time to rest and heal. You will be more tired than you think you should be for a while.

Thanks! And I'm fine! Got up to an entire 1 mph on that treadmill.

First day with no nap. Still not 100%, but doing better.

Ack. It's been 4 days since surgery, and I still feel all funky like someone drugged me. Well, I mean, they did, but...

Shouldn't I be shaking it off and feeling better instead of wanting to lie around like a vegetable?

I just wanna pound espressos.

BMI
    Your body goes into shock with any surgery, full anesthesia, so give yourself time to rebuild!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.