Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

KetoGeo's Journey into Ketosis and Beyond

Friday's weigh-in was the same. 150.6. But, hey, no big. I lost anything I may have gained during PMS almost instantly. Everything still feels squishy. The agonizingly slow shrinking continues.

So do the chocolate cravings. I decided to go ahead and supplement magnesium. After looking at the symptoms of mag deficiency, I was surprised to see a list of lingering, unexplained problems I've been having for as long as I can remember. I have tremors in my hands, sleep issues, have to supplement about 1000mg of potassium a day or I gain weight and my blood pressure goes up. I struggle with constantly feeling tired. (And, of course, the chocolate cravings that get ridiculous.) All are symptoms. And I was on a diuretic for years, not to mention the greater majority of people are deficient.

I think my levels have improved since I switched my diet. I eat more nuts and avocados and much darker chocolate now in addition to all the spinach (sweetheart prefers it over lettuce as a salad base).

I snagged some magnesium threonate, which is highly bioavailable and actually crosses the blood brain barrier. Should be in the mail tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    Good news on your magnesium research and you should start feeling better. I use Natural Calm. It is surprising how many of us need more as a supplement and do not get it.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Yeah! That's the packets I was talking about! Like I said, I didn't use them this month because I had little in the way of emotional symptoms. I sure paid for it too!

Well, the fish fry is dismal.

No Easter eggs. I snagged some deviled eggs, and then I got excited when I spotted green beans with whole slices of crisp bacon. The deviled eggs were edible, but the green beans turned out to have brown sugar on them. Disgusting.

I ended up taking a soy hit and eating a bunch of the eggs. Not Primal, but I tend to prioritize ketosis above all.

It just feels like I've had a snack, which is fine. I didn't go in super hungry. And I had eaten some mustard greens Step-Mommy cooked me before we left the house to come here. The high reward food isn't bothering me. Thank goodness.

Probably going to stop someplace on the way home and grab nuts. But only if my belly growls.

Dodging my step-brother-in-law's cigarette smoke sucks too.

Back to logging and not being lazy today.

And another migraine. I've had to make an executive decision. No more outdoor events with my step-mom's family. I love my dad, but getting sick is just too much.

I get my magnesium in the mail today. I wondered if it will help with my migraines as well. I'm pretty sure I've been deficient for a long time taking diuretics and all. Maybe it's a factor. I'll just have to see.

After reading more of The Hungry Brain, I wonder if my body is defending a new higher set point for my weight. If it is, the only way around that, according to the book, is to keep avoiding high reward food. I have considered cutting out all chocolate for a month or so. Eh. As far as I'm concerned, the worst thing we do as far as high reward is salt. I don't like cooking with a lot of it anyway. I've tried opening the convo about it. Hard to without offending sweetheart. His ego is delicate when it comes to his cooking. Next time I broach the subject I'm going to mention that if he doesn't find the food salty enough after he cooks it we do own a salt shaker.

Ugh. Trainer and I postponed workout until tomorrow. I feel like crap. Headache is pretty much gone now, but I'm munchy and sleepy.

I took a couple bites of the rib roast I brought for lunch. Oh, it is so scrumptious. I gave in and had an extra cup of coffee. I just feel terrible.

BMI
    Sorry for your hard day.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thanks, A. Home and snuggling with my sweetheart and feeling much better now.

Day 1 of magnesium supplementation is going well enough. I feel much less tired even though I'm hung over from 3 days of migraine. My chocolate cravings have chilled out some too.

The hangover is bothering me, though. I got the munchies still (because everything gives me the munchies), and I want something, but I don't know what that is.

I was thinking that a couple squares of Lindt 90 would be nice, not an outright craving, but I'm trying to stay away from chocolate and added sugars right now. Too high reward.

I'm making lamb vindaloo tonight. That ought to be awesome.

WOW. So, I'm on the part of The Hungry Brain where he finally talks about outsmarting yourself. In a nutshell, listen to Mark Sisson. Everything he tells you to do in a Primal lifestyle is there: eat whole foods and avoid junk, play (manage stress), sleep, exercise, etc. Pretty sure Mark has also said to remove garbage food from your environment too, just like the book.

The overlap is just amazing. And these two guys are my role models and mentors.

I decided to take my blood pressure after I took all my pills, including my potassium. 109/59. The bottom number is barely below the line for hypotension. And I took potassium. I had no idea the mag would bottom it out that bad.

I drank some salt coffee (don't knock it til you try it... especially with Kerrygold) for some sodium to counteract the potassium.

Oy. Going to have to go back to daily bp monitoring.

My office is retiring the old Nespresso machine, and they gave it to me! Already ordered tasty-sounding pods (hazelnut, chocolate, coconut, etc) and a little carousel to hold them.

From what I can tell, a cup of Nespresso is generally about half the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee, so that's perfect. I can switch to decaf later.

I think sweetheart is worried about counter space. It won't take up much room, and I have a spot in mind for it.

Can't stop stuffing my face, I feel like crap, and there's a front coming in a day or 2.

I predict migraine tomorrow.

BMI
    Keto, you have you have to get through this however is best for you. I can tell you from experience that stuffing your face does not cause as much pain if it is low carb stuffing. As you know, insulin is an inflammatory agent.

So stuff away with eggs, meat, cream and cream cheese.

I hope you do not have a migraine today.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.