Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

What Are We Eating For 2017??

BMI
    My pollo Asado is made with thighs. Just did not taste as good last night as the first time we had them a month ago. I have some left over ribs and a few thighs ! will warm up tonight and add more flavor. Then, tomorrow, San Diego family get here. Two grandsons, 15 and 13, my daughter and SIL. We will go to pizza tomorrow night, I will get wings and salad. Then turkey and pies hit the oven on Thursday! My grandson loves and helps me make a LC pumpkin pie and I can load it with my whipped cream. DD is making a green bean casserole for the first time, I dont like it so wont eat it and never made it. They will also have smashed potatoes and gravy, and fresh cranberry sauce. I will load my plate with turkey and more turkey and put a pat of butter on the breast. I love seeing everyone around the table. Eldest grandson has had mono for about a month now, and got a bad pneumonia that he is just getting over. It was rough for him, missed two weeks of school and will be more months before he has all his strength back but we all have his healing to be thankful for.

So many things to be thankful for, so many things.......
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Ahhh, sorry Arlene your GS was so sick. Luckily he got it earlier and is improving and you guys can enjoy the holiday a bit. Never great when a kiddo gets sick!! Just feel for them cause they look at ya, like, WHY ME and at least we can give comfort

LC pumpkin pie from scratch
    You got me laughing cause I just bought Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie for everyone. oven and done HAHA

I got me a BIG bag of crab legs which will be eaten sooner than later today with a load of melted butter. omgosh so what I require!

BMI
    And my daughter just texted me, she just caught a cold...... Oh well, they are coming anyway!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

oh no, omgosh Arlene....yikes...truly. what is coming your way could be rough. You stand back a bit and watch the kissy face greetings when they get there--shake hands then wash them HAHA LOL LOL

but it is 'tis the season' for virus etc to spread so watch out

Arlene...
    I think you have your hands full.... REALLY !!!!

For supper on Tuesday, I made a turkey meat loaf.... Minced turkey, eggs, sliced mushrooms, diced onion, herbs and spices..
    Naturally there are "LEFTOVERS" which I really don't know if we will use it or not.. Most likely NOT !!!
    Steamed cauliflower with a lovely sauce and some chopped parsley over it was the veggie..
    I made a S/F vanilla pudding, but this time I added some peanut butter to it and we had it with some heavy cream.. I make my deserts with 10% cream instead of milk.. Much richer and more flavourful..
    After that meal, a pot of tea is really welcomed..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

today is eating out on the road thru fast food. Yuk but I will do a naked cheeseburger. ugh. on second thought I will eat before I hit the road, then on the road order 1 burger with everyone and eat some of it HAHA Sometimes you just have to eat where they want to eat oh well

tonight will be something like BLT sandwiches or cajun chicken filet sandwiches etc. Nothing fancy, kinda fend for yourself type day for everyone. I will do bacon/cheese omelet, extra bacon for me of course!

BMI
    Salami and cheese for mid-day snack, we will go to Pizza tonight before the Turkey blow out tomorrow....I will make breakfast for the family, bacon and eggs and Frozen waffles for the boys. Oh well...you do what you can do! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!!

simple day. the meal is no longer crazy big, lavish, over the top food anymore like old days. Tday is now a great simple meal with family

giant roaster chicken (no one is really a turkey fan here so we all decided to opt out of it)
    giant pile of cold peel eat shrimp
    (a few sides for the table, baked tater or sweet tater for them, corn, dinner rolls on the table--done deal)

I have a nice ribeye to eat for brunch time.
    We are doing dinner later than our normal 2-3pm time like we used to do on Tday. Eating around 5-5:30 today.

Simple day, relax, chill, have fun and just go with the flow

BMI
    My dinner..... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to my US buddies

E32A5F1F-B170-4B88-B93D-5FC322119994.jpg

Love the pic of the big bird

happy thanksgiving to one and all..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

Supper tonight (Thursday) will be tuna latkes..
    I am a bit low on veggies as tomorrow is food shopping day, but I do have some cauliflower that I will steam and make some sort of a sauce to go over it..

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.