Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2017??

Making my pork tacos tonight. They are so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    Oh, that sounds Yummy! I love Mexican and I love pork!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Nice store Arlene...we don't have the 'good stores' around me...kinda in the boonie area of life HAha

Our stores just starting truly embracing the rotisserie chickens around my area LOL

Hit my local smoked meat shop down the road and hit a small brisket just off the smoker. omg breakfast of sheer joy. usually they are huge cuts and I don't buy, but I hit a small package and I am in brisket heaven to the max right now

have some chicken thighs for the oven later tonight. Family does sweet BBQ, I will do plain and maybe some buffalo taste, even tho the more I stay zero carb the less I want 'flavor' in a way...very strange but a good strange for me lol

BMI
    LOCAL smoked meat shop???? WHAT?? I would be in there a LOT! LOL
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I can give you my recipe. It's darn easy and there's nothing too exotic in it.

Oh lordy, I wonder if we have a smoked meat shop nearby...

For supper tonight (Monday) I threw some frozen chicken burgers on the BBQ and one veal sausage..
    I had Physiotorture and when I came home I was in NO shape to cook so I took the easiest way out..
    I steamed a few sliced carrots, smashed them and added some cooked frozen peas and some caraway seeds to make a veggie ....
    I had a bit of coleslaw in the fridge that we finished as well..

I had some sweet red grapes that made a lovely desert with a pot of tea..

When I say we had burgers it doesn't mean we had buns with them.. Just burgers without any bread......
    My burgers are made thick and big.. I make about 3 burgers to the pound of minced.. That's a large burger.. One each is plenty.. Either minced chicken or turkey, and one time I used both mixed and they turned out very tasty except I don't know what to call them.. I called them my "dead bird burgers"...
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

Arlene, I am in there alot, oh yea....
    this little general store down the road put in a smoker dept into their meat dept. and it is attached to their building in the front. omg the smell in the parking lot! I do buy alot there and the taste is over the top delish!

Steve you are making 1/3 lb burgers...they are great sized. I however being a zero carber, my personal burgers are 2 half pounders...yea I eat 1 lb. of burger for me each time LOL

nice top sirloins for the grill tonight
    tuna/sardines, got a hankering for this for some reason for brunch time.
    yesterday I inhaled a lb of crab legs with butter, omg so good. MUST FIND more on sale. crab is calling me again!

got ribeyes defrosting for tonight

hitting the mall today with DD. omg help me someone will be interesting shopping trip...I am not a mall fan anymore but kiddo wants school clothes so away we go!

will get big old plate of chicken wings out somewhere as usual when we find a place to eat.
    the usual on this

BMI
    Hubby is gone, been eating Sprouts chicken but today I am going to cook some burgers to have on hand. Ready made to cook from Sprouts, some with blue cheese, some with jalapeņos. Will cook the lot, then warm two with cheese on top and add mustard, sliced onion and dill pickles for my main meals. A feast!

Homemade convenience fast food in your own fridge Arlene! Love that!!

grocery store today. need some meats for freezer.
    not great sales around but NY strip steak at 6.99 so will grab some packs.

pork chops for dinner
    brunch, eh, who knows, probably a giant cheeseburger

Made a meatloaf for supper today..
    It is raining and it has been raining heavy all day.. It is also cool at only 16c.. It is damp.. It is windy..
    Time for some soul food..
    I steamed a broccoli to go with the meatloaf as a veggie.. also soul food..

A pot of tea after was also appreciated..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    RAIN!!!! Oh we want rain.... We are having updates on our electric grid in town, and I had no electricity yesterday. lots of excitement as they replaced a pole in my backyard with a HUGE crane and several young linemen...... LOL Anwyay, I got a sheet of coupons for Carl's Jr. So I went and got two lettuce wrapped Natural burgers. YUM! I am going to make more burgers today. I love them. Monday will be another day off from electricity again but I will have my own burgers. And I even like them cold! I do have a grill, but I do not use it. That is my hubby's domain.

We just discovered there's a farmers market very close to us! Looks like they have eggs, grass fed meats, and cheeses in addition to veggies and fruits. Since our go-to grocery never has a good variety of grass fed meat (and what they do have is from Australia), this is very exciting for someone who's doing Primal. I hope the prices are good. Wish me luck, gang!

Oh, and tonight is chicken wingettes and drumettes for FOOTBALL !!!

Keto should be interesting to see what you find at that market....very cool. new food eating adventure, like that!!!

yea we are having tons of storms. by now our grass is usually crispy and no mowing, but with this rain we are mowing like crazy and I hate it lol

Arlene, cold burgers, cool you can do that....for me I would go out to my RV and go on battery and propane and heat up those suckers...yes my 'extra home' comes in handy at times LOL
    Girl you need to hit the BBQ and go for it...some of my best days is just watching my meat cook and flipping it to perfection haha

today is defrosting country style pork ribs for tonight....love these babies!

got a nice NY strip steak to eat in a bit, kinda hungry so I am thinking tuna/mayo with this and maybe some sardines also and if not enough, I got some chicken breasts I can sautee in a flash with a little cajun seasoning. Oh yes when hungry I eat to the max and it might be a hungry day for me lol

I'm making a new recipe for supper tonight using cubed B/S chicken breast with a sauce, sesame seeds, and veggies in a wok or large skillet..
    Never made this before.. The recipe calls for hoisin sauce which I don't have, so I will use BBQ sauce instead.. It only calls for one Tablespoon..
    It also calls for cashews which I will eliminate as we don't eat nuts..

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.