Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

What Are We Eating For 2017??

The past 2 nights we had marinaded chicken, baked and then grilled. I honestly can't tell you which one tasted better. I made lettuce sandwiches with mine. Veggies on the side.

Absolutely EXCELLENT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ketogeo View Post
    The past 2 nights we had marinaded chicken, baked and then grilled. I honestly can't tell you which one tasted better. I made lettuce sandwiches with mine. Veggies on the side.

Absolutely EXCELLENT.

Honestly I like
    Honestly I like grilled a lot.

pork chops for brunch time

got a load of buffalo chicken wings for dinner tonight

Loaf with fry chicken for dinner tonight. I hope I will enjoy it.

bacon/cheese omelet whenever

got some more pork chops to finish tonight

Either today or tomorrow we're having grilled wings again. Salad and celery with Ranch on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacon cheeseburger for brunch time

have some nice ribs for tonight

Supper tonight (Sunday) was hamburger steaks (minced chicken) in the skillet with onions, sliced mushrooms and lots of sauce..
    This is a recipe I found and changed it around to be low carb.. Excellent turnout with taste and texture..

Steamed green and yellow beans was the veggie..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

I know this has nothing to do with what we are eating, but as I am off to the hospital shortly and won't be able to cook for some time, I decided to make a list of meals for supper that my wife can cook with little effort..
    I made a list of 18 different meals that she could choose from.. I will still be there to guide her but not do any work..
    THAT SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING as she does no cooking at all since we married..

Then I was thinking that it is a good idea to have a list of what to make so I don't repeat the same meal too often.. Having about 15 to 20 different meals means every night is something different for about 2 weeks, till I repeat the list..
    It also helps with the shopping list as what to buy for that week..

Do you have a list of what to make as well???
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    Steve, you are doing a great job of being prepared. Most of what I have seen you post here are going to be simple for her to create. Especially if you do the prepping like making burger patties and freezing them now.

My hubby travels so much that I have really pared down what I cook. When he is home I keep it simple and make a lot of dishes that can be used for more than one meal, as you know.

I used to create menus and then shop for them, but after doing this for so long, I just know what I need to have on hand. We are also very lucky to have a great place to shop that has wonderful meals already cooked, or marinating or plain cuts of meat that I can chose from daily.

In the beginning of learning how to cook Low Carb, I think it is a very good tool to use, creating menus.

Who knows, maybe she will like cooking and take it over even when you are well!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Arlene..
    My wife has been cooking for years and years with her first family.. It is only when we married and retired that she told me to find a hobby, so I took up cooking, giving her the break from cooking for many years..
    Burger patties are good but we can't eat them every day.. I like to vary the menu so we don't eat the same dish more than once a week and even then.. They can be made in several different ways from BBQ to hamburger steaks..
    I still think a list would be a good idea for me so I don't have to ask, "what should I make for supper"..

I think the list is a great idea Steve. You like some variety and rotate thru on taste. I get that and I bet she will feed you very well A list of meals also makes shopping easier and take the guesswork out of 'what's for dinner'

I used to do lc meals. when I went zero carb life got super simple. Meat and alot of it!

So my cooking is meat as the main and I make 1 side for the family. I keep ALL cooking down to super low basic. No more recipes or other work in the kitchen for a meal. I find the less I cook the happier I am and give myself free time to do more in life than the kitchen.

but if ya like the kitchen and it is a hobby you are doing great. for me the kitchen never held any interest.

even tho I eat the meats I make only....I still have to say 'what's for supper' for the others in the family all the time LOL But since it is only a side dish to the meat it has gotten ALOT easier

today is out to breakfast with hubby. have to run here and there today

bacon cheese omelet

tonight might be chicken in alfredo sauce. haven't had that in a long time. kinda wanting that taste again.

BMI
    Steve, How do I get my hubby to retire and start cooking????????? I cant complain, tho. He is a very simple eater as long as I fill him up. LOL I do have my favorites, food that is easy like steaks, and ground meat mixed with different flavors and chicken thighs in the slow cooker.

Dinner tonight is my first meal that I will make in two weeks. I have two New York strips to broil and will serve with avos. I MIGHT sautée some onions as well. I have burgers for tomorrow, then hubby is gone for 10 days.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Pizza for dinner tonight.

got a hankering and I am gonna fill it

crab legs. ALL you can EAT and you know me being a zero carb eater, this place loses money on me HAHA

so bacon cheese omelet for brunch time and a ton of crab legs with melted butter tonight!

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.