Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fun with Fung, Zero, VLC, Low Carb, and AIP (autoimmune protocol Paleo)

Fun with Fung, Zero, VLC, Low Carb, and AIP (autoimmune protocol Paleo)

Hi ALL,

My title covers all my diet paths I may take on this Journal, Hopefully. You never know another one may surface I'll try.

Hi and welcome to my Journal. I welcome all comments, Positive, Negative and otherwise.

My start weight is 174. MY last fast was yesterday for 22 hours. I'm reading Dr. Fung and Jimmy moore's book on fasting and hope I can conquer pre-diabetes as well as insulin resistance, and anything else I may have.

That's all for today! Have a great one!

BMI
    Bacon Breath, Glad you started a journal.

I was able to conquer full-on diabetes type 2 by getting into and 99% staying in ketosis. I am 99% sure you will too. (Have to leave a bit of leeway for those whose metabolism is much different than mine). I tried 24 hour fasting and do not like it at all. And that said, MANY others have no trouble with it. Especially after getting through the first 24 hours. Zero and I do intermittent fasting, she has a four hour window of eating and I have an 8 hour window. Fasting is a very good way to get into ketosis faster.

That all said, you are on a path of healing and I think you will find you feel so much better eating this way, that it will become a say of eating for life. Sugar causes way to many problems. Heart, diabetes, all sorts of inflammation.

Congratulations! You have started a new life! Keep us informed on how you are doing and ask any questions you have.

Here are two Facebook fasting pages
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6899...724/?ref=br_rs
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/KetoIF/?ref=br_rs

Hi Arlene,
    Thanks for the encouragement, and I love your testimony. I consider intermittent fasting is what Dr. Fung promotes as well as the longer fasts. I just got his fasting book and will read and share some of it with my journal.

Today I'm starting a bone broth, Co, tea, coffee and of course water fast today and seeing how long I can go. I use to state a timeframe, then feel like a loser when I guit ahead of my goal. Now, I'm just stating my start time and will tell you how long I make it.

BMI
    You GO Bacon!!! I will be looking to see how long you go!

Well I made it 13 pathetic hours. It was all mental hunger I caved into. Starting fresh today, and will see how far I go.

BMI
    You do what you can do and then do it again! LOL Good luck!

That is true and when I realize I'm actually living on my own fat, I realize I'm not starving!

BMI
    One HUGE thing intermittent fasting did for me was to teach me what TRUE hunger was, not the cravings or wanting or time of day habits, but REAL hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    One HUGE thing intermittent fasting did for me was to teach me what TRUE hunger was, not the cravings or wanting or time of day habits, but REAL hunger.

Yes, this is happening, and I'm finding out I usually respond to mental hunger and not physical hunger most of the time. But I made it 21 hours this time. I also dropped 4 pounds. Feeling Groovy!

BMI
    WHOOP!!!! Good job!

Thank you Arlene,

I am aiming for dinner tomorrow that will take me to 31 or 32,,,, I have a great meal planned to break the fast,,,,I post it on the other thread. So yum!

Well I just got done reading Jimmy Moores section of the Fung fasting book. Very good!

Nice drop Bacon!

I find my hunger hits mentally also. I smell some good food, see a commercial on tv, someone talks about food to me, or I walk thru the kitchen and think about food.

I think with food available 24/7 at our fingertips literally it is hard to not desire and want. It is there for the taking. Longer and longer on my plan it became apparent that I did not have to react to mental signals....trying to find true body hunger is actually hard nowadays. There are tons of visual triggers. Not like the old days you were out working in a crop field and waited to hear that dinner bell ringing and the minute ya heard it, you were hungry LOL

Maneuvering thru this minefield of food now is tough. No doubt about that.

I was a grazer type eater. Something in my hand all the time. Little of this, little of that, heck I never knew hunger for real. Looking back it was just craziness with food LOL

Keep on trucking!!

thank you for the wonderful insight,,,,,

to that, I say, yes, yes and yes again. OMG! It seems we are set up to fail with diet. But this fasting and low carb is helping. I really want to stay 20 or lower all the time,, but with the fasting, I am gaining some control now. I have the AIP in my sites also because of Hashi. That is classified as an autoimmune problem, so I'd love to see if a fasted low carb life style will bring healing in my life. After a lot of research I realize we all have family predispositions and then top it with the S.A.D. (standard American diet) there ya go! We all have issues of one kind or another.

Anyway, thanks for your post,,,, and carry on my friend!

P.s. I made it 21 hours fasting. Broke fast with too fun of food to mention, but not to carby.....will eat again tonight with hubby!

What changes you can make occur thru change in diet and fasting could be truly astonishing to you Bacon. You just have to HOLD THAT course. Experimenting on helping ourselves doesn't happen overnight nor does it happen to correct problems and heal the body fast. We wish for that but it sure takes time but MANY have changed their habits and life and have gotten wonderful amazing results.

Food runs our bodies. What goes in to do that is very important. Yet in the minefield of junk out there now we have little to help us at all....only thru hard change can we excel into our best we can be!! And we can be it!! We can make monster changes to our systems.

You rock on girl! Know everything you are doing is right for you and your health!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.