Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Just talk

BMI

Just talk

Meme, how are you now? Are you back to eating the veggies you love? And the neighborhood all back to normal? (Am I remembering correctly, that there was an incident near you?)

It is now almost 9.00am on Monday the 5th of December..
    It started snowing last night (Sunday) around supper time and as of now, it is still snowing nonstop..
    So far we have received about 20cms which is about 8 inches but the snow doesn't seem like it is ready to give up..
    The good thing is there is almost no wind to go with it which makes things much easier to cope with.. No blowing snow which is something else..
    The temperature is mild at only -4c..

Actually, it looks very pretty out there with a white blanket of fresh snow..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    Steve, it is cold here! In the mid 60s and low 40s at night..... Brrrr! (I am glad before your roads got bad!)

There ended up being so much snow that the driveway had to be cleaned twice..
    It stopped snowing but they are calling for another 50 or so cms from now to the week-end...
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Actually to make a bad situation worse, we are now under a "Snow Squall" advisory..
    That means we could receive a lot more snow with high winds and a complete white-out..

BRING IT ON AS WE NEED SNOW AS WELL AS COLD TEMPERATURES...

CAN'T POSSIBLY GET TOO MUCH SNOW AND CAN'T BE TOO COLD ...

We make big $$$$ from all this.. This keeps our village alive... Snow and very cold temperatures..

Meme, how are you now? Are you back to eating the veggies you love? And the neighborhood all back to normal? (Am I remembering correctly, that there was an incident near you?
    Hi Arlene, How did I miss your post?
    Yes the incident or potential mass shooting near me. Very strange there has been a total blackout on that incident. The guy shot over 300+ rounds and tried to kill anyone in the area and the police and news released no news or details about how this happened.
    Sometimes I've thought how strange that nothing was released about this and then coupled with what happened to me at whole foods, really makes me hyperaware....One lady approached me recently at a resale store, fully cloaked in her garments and after asking me which shirt was prettier/better and she stood looking at me with a blank stare on her face, I began wondering what she had under her garments so after a second or two more than normal, I began backing away from her. IDK Arlene....

Yes I am able to eat cooked veggies now and salads from time to time too!! YAY!!!

BMI
    Oh Meme, it is a strange world out there and I think the season and winter really causes a lot of stress in some. Usual they want to keep the news low when there is going to be a future trial--do not want to influence potential jurors.

I am so glad to hear you are getting back where you love being, eating your yummy veggies!

BMI
    Steve!!!!! Wow, what is it about the frozen tundra that keeps your village alive? Winter sports in a white out???? LOL

No, actually Arlene, they neutralized the threat that day so no trial to be had.
    That took place back on Memorial Day.

Thanks Arlene, I do love my fresh veggies LOL

Hope you're doing well.

SNOW......
    We have an intricate system of snowmobile trails.. That means it brings into our village snowmobilers that sleep over in our motels, eat in our restaurant, buy gas, spend money in our village.. They also buy trail permits.. All our motels and B&B are "NO VACANCY" for these events..
    Winter carnivals also bring loads of tourists that spend money in our village..
    Our local shop that relies on snowmobile repairs, sales, and rentals..
    We also have a snowshoe club that rents and takes out folks on a tour..
    Our local snowmobile shop rents machines and organises groups for a daily outing..
    Cross country skiing is very popular which again brings in many folks.. We have all kinds of trails for that..

COLD..
    Our lakes freeze which means ice fishing tournaments.. Again folks from all over participate spending money in our village..
    We have hockey on the pond which means we have hockey games on the frozen ice of the lakes..
    Our snowmobile trails do cross over the frozen lakes..
    We have car races on the ice which is a big thing up here.. Old clunkers specially equipped to ice race..
    Drag races of snowmobiles on the lake.. That also attracts many folks that spend money in our village..

I can go on but I think you have an idea what the winter brings to our village.. BIG BUCK$ ....

Wow that sounds like lots of fun Steve!
    Cool Ice fishing. I've seen it on TV but never done it. Do you fish?
    Snowmobiles, more fun

Actually as I write this post at 1:00am, it is -24c out..

Do I fish ??? You better believe it but lately I had to give It up as my situation made me sell my boat.. Unfortunately my fishing days are over..

-24c WOW!! Are you snowed in?

We are almost NEVER snowed in..... EVER..!!!!!!
    If is snows up to 24 inches, (60 cms) after the storm is over within a few hours, we are out and about.. Never housebound..
    Cold never stopped us in any way, regardless of the temperature..

BMI
    Steve and his wife, (heck the whole village!) used to live in ice caves and throw spears at the fish under the ice. They have developed self-heating blood! LOL!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.