Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Just talk

I have an appointment with my doctor on May 31st to take the final X-Rays and have a discussion on what exactly he will be doing as well as what I should expect during and after the operation..

I also will be meeting with the anesthetic doctor who will be talking to me about the different options..
    Just put me to sleep and that's all.......

I am scheduled for June 27th for the operation.. No time yet but it most likely will be extremely early in the morning, like 8:00am which means I will have to be at the hospital for 6:00am.. Good to get it over with early in the day..
    I will be in the hospital for about 4 days and than I can go home..
    Staples will be in for 2 weeks and then I can start physiotherapy which will be twice a week for about 6 months..

Follow-up appointment 6 weeks after surgery with the doctor at the clinic at the hospital..
    Then 3 months after that and then, 6 months after that..
    Meanwhile, physiotherapy continues.....................
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    Quite a detailed schedule, Steve. 6 months for PT is great!

We usually get 6 weeks with our insurance and then do the rest ourselves. Doc revisits are about the same.
    My pre-op schedule is a physical, EKG and Staph test (along with other blood labs) next Monday, then appt with surgeon to go over details, a pre-op visit at hospital the day before, Monday, May 8 (we fill out all our medical requests and assign medical decisions to hubby legally) and talk to anesthesiologist. I have had after surgery problems with anesthesia so we talk about those and he makes decisions about what he will do the next morning. Day of, I go in at 5:15 and surgery is at 7:15. I am glad as I was told that it may take three hours and I want my doc as fresh as possible!
    Hubby will wait with his computer and hospital wifi, working, and then will have a list of people to notify....
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    This AM I had blood drawn and needed to be fasting so I had not had my morning coffee or Aleve. Of course there were many of us there first thing, all fasting, and it took an hour to get called. By the time I got home, I was hurting, needed my one Aleve and coffee. Have had a cup and am much better. I have to stop my Aleve 5 days before surgery and take Tylenol. It just does not work as well. Oh well....
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.