Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Just talk

Arlene..
    I had the cortisone shot on the 1st of December and now is about 8 weeks later.. The shoulder is still a bit better, but it MUST be replaced soon, as the shot won't last much longer.. I was planning on having it done in early May when the weather is better and it will be easier for Annmarie to drive me to physiotherapy twice a week for about six months..

I won't be able to do much during the summer, but I can at least enjoy sitting on the patio and take in the sun..

As far as my doctor goes, he will do it about a few weeks after I see him for a consultation which I will book for early April.. it will be done in Sault Ste. Marie by the same doctor that did my other shoulder..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    Steve, I know you have mixed feelings about it. After all is said and done, it will be nice to have it over with. If we could just sleep through all the hard work to make them work again, after surgery, all would be good!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Arlene...
    Never mind me, how about you...
    You also have a problem and that's NO JOKE !!!
    What's up with your condition ???
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    And so....

I will continue walking and doing what I was doing before. Back surgeon does not think this is as dire as the neurologist left me feeling.

Surgeon agrees that three cervical vertebrae need surgery. I am going to start the process to get it scheduled and have it done in April, after 3 weeks in Hawaii!! He said no boogie boarding - Darn!

Ask me if you want more info, I can go into great detail! LOL

Life goes on!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank you for that info Steve. I have copied and put all your info into my RV book. I am one that finds and keeps info on places I want to visit and I got your info put safely away. We are working on early retirement now and if all things fall into place as I am working toward, we will have free to to wander the USA and Canada in fun fashion and no telling where we might end up We have that roaming freedom bug in us for sure! Prowlers are nice units, too bad your days are over for RV'ing.

OH Arlene, all that is coming up sooner than later. No boogie boarding? oh my that would devastate me as I am a monster boogie boarder also I am hoping my shoulder problem is not gonna cut into my kayak time.

ahhh, we all are falling apart

My shoulder has gone from acceptable after the cortisone shot on December 1st, to problematic as of last week, to extreme painful as of now..

I have an appointment in mid March with my orthopedic doctor to set a date for my operation to replace my shoulder.. it will probably be done in April, sometime towards the end of that month which suits my purpose just fine, as winter will be almost over.. Much easier on me and my wife when the winter coats are over, no more winter boots, the winter tires are off, and most of the snow has gone..

Sorry it went worse on you Steve.

My shoulder and side area is 'ever so slowly' improving and I can only hope it gets into a way better area than it is right now.

We are opposite. Since winter is so easy here we do all medical down time things cause it is simple, and keep the summer for fun active times. You sound like you are doing your med stuff exactly at the right time

BMI
    Ouch, Steve. So sorry it is so bad. But it makes the hard surgery worth it.

I am going to try to get my surgery schedule for May 9. Family travel and husband's business has to be taken into account.

This time it will be done during the summer months.. I will be going to physiotherapy for about 6 months and at least the winter will be over..
    I go to physio at the hospital in Espanola which is about 30kms from our house.. Physio is twice a week for 6 months..

BMI
    6 months of PT? Wow....

Well, yes.............................
    I had physio for my left shoulder till they thought there wasn't any more they can do for me..
    Twice a week for 6 months.. Yes, it was a big pain going there twice a week as it is in the hospital in Espanola which is about a 40 minute drive one way from our house.. The physio was for about one hour, at least, and they gave me lots of attention.. If it wasn't for the long secessions and the long time, I probably wouldn't be as good with my shoulder as I am now.. They told me not to lift anything heavy with my left arm but today I can easily lift a full tank of propane which is about 40 pounds and carry it about 25 yards..

BMI
    I only had 6 weeks PT after my surgeries. But I knew what to do and kept myself honest. I found that at about the 6 month point, the swelling had gone down enough that I was able to do a lot more flexion and extension. I had broken through the scar tissue in the first 6 weeks so the rest letting the swelling go down, muscles and bones heal. I can now tuck my feet way under my chair and lay my legs down flat on the bed or floor. I have no problem with my knees. I cannot step up on high steps because of hips, tho so getting into some of the huge SUVs is difficult, i need a stool to get into daughters anywhere except passenger seat.

I walk and hike with no problem.

Except, now my neck is making my leg weak and walking long distances needs a cane or poles. Hills tire me out totally. but I can do 4 miles on flat land! My nuerologist has said I would get back the full use of leg - back surgeon does not give out positive info. He says "I do not promise anything." I figure he has done so many of these surgeries on people who waited a lot longer than I am. so i hope to give him a happy surprise with my recovery.

Right now, I am already thinking about the food in the hospital. Have to keep it LC. They are usually pretty good about it.

Arlene hoping the 'best outcome' from all this comes for you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.