Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Just talk

BMI
    here is Boise Idaho where my daughter, SIL and Grandson live
    IMG_1040.jpg Right now, at 7:15 AM there it is -7.1 F which is .-7 degrees fahrenheit-21.667 degrees celsius. In Pueblo, Colorado where my mom lives it is 8 degrees fahrenheit
    -13.333 degrees celsius. Here where I live it is 44.6 degrees Fahrenheit which is
    7 degrees celsius.

They are forecasting a severe winter storm in our region for Tuesday evening and lasting up to Wednesday daytime..
    The forecast is up to 30 cms of snow is expected along with extremely high winds which will most likely close the schools for Wednesday giving the kids a snow day.. The high winds will cause snow drifts which will make it worse.. 30 cms is equal to 12 inches which is one foot of snow and that's isn't taking into considerations the snow drifts which could be up to 4 feet high..

Very interesting as we have a medical appointment in Sudbury on Wednesday which is about 125 kms east of Massey.. That is 250 kms of travelling during the storm and along the storm front.. Should the storm and the roads be bad, I will cancel the appointment and rebook it..

WINTER UP HERE IN NORTHERN ONTARIO !!! ......... WE LOVE IT !!!

Just bring on the $now, ................... $$$$$ for our village...
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    Take care Steve. The windstorm that blew through parts of Colorado had winds over 100 miles per hour.

Now, I believe we are entering a January thaw week where the daytime temps will be up to 2c or 4c with the nighttime temps only -4c or -6c...
    We have all kinds of winter activities coming up this week-end which will make it all that more attractive for out-of-towners to come to our village and $pend SSSSSSS...
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    YEA for $$$$$$$$$

It is still very mild.. Our January thaw is still on.. It is raining as I write this and it is melting our very precious snow..
    The mild weather is supposed to continue through the week which is NO good..
    We need cold weather and loads of snow badly..
    It has been above freezing for the past several days and raining on and off.. Plus 3c to 6c during the day and 1c to 3c at night.. Way too mild..

Our village was totally packed over the week-end with different events and passersby.. Excellent so far, but it won't last if we don't get snow and cold..

Steve are you working in a biz that relies on tourism etc?

just wondering on that

I love you say 'your village'. I wish we had 'villages' here

I don't work.. I won't work.. I'm not interested in working..
    I am retired and have been since 1997, and loving every moment of it..
    I only refer to our village because that is exactly what it is.. Massey has a population of just under 1000 (980) which makes it a village and not a town..
    We are a small village but we are situated where many other villages and smaller towns seem to come here for recreation such as winter activities and summer activities..
    We accommodate them as it brings in lots of $$$ into our village businesses.. For example, a village of our size does not need 4 restaurants, 2 hardware stores, 2 large motels, 3 B&B's, 2 propane outlets for tanks, 2 auto repair shops and 1 small engine repair shop for the boat, ATV's, and snowmobilers, or 2 convenient stores, but we have them along with a super size gas station..
    Very often there are so many folks in our village, that all the restaurants run out of food, the motels are full, and the B&B's are full..
    We also have right in town, one of the largest and most scenic Provincial Parks (Chutes Provincial Park) which has about 500 spots for camping, and it is also full for most of the summer months.. These campers need food, gas, propane and the services of our village..

I hope you now understand why I keep on saying that we need the tourists for our good....

Its snowing lightly and the temperature is about -6c with little or no wind..
    Our village should be full today with snowmobilers, cross country skiers, ice fishing people, and hockey teams at our arena..

BMI
    I have had issues with my back, right leg and a few other things, this past year. So I started the journey to the medical world to find out what is going on. Full back MRI (I did not move anything but my fingers for 1.4 hours) Results were read by my back surgeon (in my journey with arthritis, I have a good list of surgeons if you ever need one! LOL) who told me what he suspected but wanted to have a neurologist's opinion. So off I trundled yesterday. He looked at films, then had me push against him (Totally amazing what he found out those few moments) and then he showed me the pictures I has seen before but with a different slant. I have stenosis in my cervical vertebrae (I have it throughout my back but this is where we are concentrating today...) two of which are severe and one very severe. We discussed that he is going to recommend surgery, as soon as possible to my Back Doc.

Hmmmm....... then he looked at me and said, "Be very careful on stairs. You do not want to fall. Be very careful walking, you do not want to fall. Be very careful Driving, you do not want anything that will cause a whiplash. You have such narrowing that you have no cushion for your spinal cord in these places and if it is injured, you probably will be paralyzed."

Okay then...... I rescheduled my follow up appt with my back doc to an earlier date, next Weds. I told my friends that I will not be walking with them this Sunday morning, but will eat breakfast with them. When I see my back doc I will ask a ton of questions. I will use my cane or walking poles when I walk anywhere.

We have a three week vacation scheduled starting the last week of March.

But you know what? I told the neurologist as I walked out of his office, "This is really good news, actually." He agreed. I could feel the pain and confusion in his office of so many others who sat in the same chair I sat in and got terminal or life-changing news. Mine is a minor complaint in those terms.

I am fine with it. For me now, the question is can I continue walking with my buddies and what is going to happen with our trip?

Does not change my eating VLC!

Thanks Steve, I got a sense of where you live now and why you say what you say in your posts!

Retired since 1997 and loving every minute of it.....I hear you there

Hubby and I are in the midst of making early retirement work for us. We travel alot in our RV and this is what we want now, no working anymore than we have to at this stage in our life.

500 campsites, hmm, we might show up in your village one day!!

WOW Arlene....just wow. That post had alot of tough medical in there for you. I am sorry you are faced with all this, but one thing is good to know....what you ARE facing and what you can do to fix things to the better.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way on your medicals!~~~ You are a tough fighter, you will come out ahead on all this!~

WOW Arlene.. You sure have your hands full in the near future..
    The good side of it, is at least they will get to the bottom of it, and you will be able to have a reasonable kind of life after.. With today's Tec-knowledge they can repair or replace almost any part of our body.. Also today's healing process is much faster after surgery.. Till then, please take very good care of yourself..

---------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ______________ ..............<<<<<<<<<< ............... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------- ||||||||||| ---------- _ --------------------

Just a coincidence, but I also must undergo a shoulder operation very shortly.. My right shoulder needs to be replaced and it most likely will be done sometime this late spring.. I haven't contacted my orthopedics' office yet for a consultation appointment because if I do, it will be done within the next few weeks, but I want winter to be over first.. It will be much easier on my Princess if the snow is gone and the weather gets a bit warmer.. I had the left shoulder replaced in 2010 so I know all about what I am in for..

Zero Carb..
    We also had a camper till a few years ago.. We had a 21 foot Prowler that I pulled with my large Pick-up truck.. I sold it a few years ago as our camping days are over..
    Why don't you Google "Chutes Provincial Park" in Massey, Ontario and you will see all about the park.. You will also see where it is located.. There are close to 500 spots, however the spots that have electricity (15 and 30 amps) are limited.. No water, but there are water outlets along the way to fill up your reservoir.. Dumping station.. Very large spots that are mostly flat.. Very wooded and private to your next door neighbour.. Remember, it is a Provincial park campground and NOT a private one.. Very big difference..

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    WOW Arlene.. You sure have your hands full in the near future..
    The good side of it, is at least they will get to the bottom of it, and you will be able to have a reasonable kind of life after.. With today's Tec-knowledge they can repair or replace almost any part of our body.. Also today's healing process is much faster after surgery.. Till then, please take very good care of yourself..

---------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ______________ ..............<<<<<<<<<< ............... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ------- ||||||||||| ---------- _ --------------------

Just a coincidence, but I also must undergo a shoulder operation very shortly.. My right shoulder needs to be replaced and it most likely will be done sometime this late spring.. I haven't contacted my orthopedics' office yet for a consultation appointment because if I do, it will be done within the next few weeks, but I want winter to be over first.. It will be much easier on my Princess if the snow is gone and the weather gets a bit warmer.. I had the left shoulder replaced in 2010 so I know all about what I am in for..
    Well, shoot, Steve. I had hopes that shot would have staved this off for a few years....

One good thing is that eating healthy gives us such a good base for surgeries.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.